Uthgard

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Just curious what the point in this server is oO it claims to be a pure classic server yet it has new ra's, full buffshears and to my understanding new versions of all the styles etc... so basically the only classic thing about it is Old Frontiers + No toa bonuses like cast speed etc, other wise its just the NF ruleset without the NF/bent keeps?

Also why is the xp rate so slow :p? blues sure as hell didnt give so little xp back in pre-toa.

Edit: oh and no buffbots whats up with that? not even for pve.

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
You have to keep in mind that they use the DAoC client. So everything you want to be back to what it was has to be changed.

Also I think Wardens don't have shield spec and not sure about the friar.So there are some changes.

Xp rate is so slow cause it's back the way it was 7 years ago orso :p

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
You have to keep in mind that they use the DAoC client. So everything you want to be back to what it was has to be changed.

Also I think Wardens don't have shield spec and not sure about the friar.So there are some changes.

Xp rate is so slow cause it's back the way it was 7 years ago orso :p

I can't ever remember the exp being that slow :p? not even in the EU beta. As for the styles just what I was told off a friend, he has a 10L4 Blademaster on Uthgard and he said the majority of styles work like they do now on live, so no old 9 second dragonfangs etc etc etc you get the idea.

Seems abit pointless to me tho thus far, people loved the PVP back then because without the bent TOA shit it was ultra fun, the leveling on the other hand no one liked so I just cant understand why they want it so slow :s its like they're dictating to players exactly how they must play.

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
To encourage players to group and get into the battlegrounds (faster xp).

Slow xp also keeps cheaters (although you could argue the opposite) and idiots away who are just there looking for a quick DAoC fix. When it comes to cheats etc, they have a better record then GoA or Mythic. I suppose the playerbase shows that aswell. It's bin stable at 700 - 1000 players for nearly 2 years now. With 1000 beeing the cap.

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
Infact I think the limit is raised even further.

yearchart.png

Punishment

Resident Freddy
Have a 50 Templated Infil there and a 35 Melee ranger, kinda gave on up on the Infil after capping out of Thidranki at 4/2 or so as everyone i try to intercept in emain is not worth rps even though they have been standing around for like 10 minutes before heading out

Nibble

Part of the furniture
gave up at lvl 22 ani to boring and slow to level

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
Yeah got a lvl 33 chanter lvl 14 ranger and some lvl 5 chars (friar aswell I think). Really should make a group and xp together.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
We should all start playing uthgard like we planned to ages ago, but I didn't because i was busy at the time, we should all organise good PvE classes and transfer it to RvR - Pet pulling group for instance? - /shrugs :)

- English -

Resident Freddy
I have a 50 war, 44 skald, 35 sb on Mid with AC, tailor, Sc and Alc (my gf has shammy)

On Alb I have 48 pala, and hib 48 druid.

One of the many problems with Uthgard is the RVR is not casual friendly, whereas the PVE is full of casual players. Like someone said, you stand on the port for 10mins, to run to AMG to get ran over by a fg, who in their defence are just trying to get RP's as theres no other groups out. You might say well form a group yourself, but then you find yourself fighting a set rr10 guild group and get farmed to death, and as a casual player, you're never going to beat them. -> therefore people roll more characters and Emain is always empty.

The BGs on the other hand, it takes 1 min to get out to the action, and you re-spawn inside the BG. This makes it alot more fun for the casual player who feels they can achieve something.

There's also a lot of class imbalances, somethings are fixed for one class, others are not for another. Rangers with pd5 destroy pretty much anything. <- could write a book on Uthgard's imbalances.

Slow exp isn't really the problem, it gives a sense of pride again to your character which none of the i50 servers ever give. And it isn't really that slow if you know what you're doing. Roaming blue/yellows with camp bonus is fast exp (ok not as fast as live), but if you're duo'ing yellows with a shammy you can perma chain and can level quickly. I did lvl 48.0 -50 in 1hour20 at hulks on my Warrior, as you can chain pull cap exp.

The buffbot thing

- English -

Resident Freddy
The buffbot thing sucks i'll admit, but it does make people group. I really disliked the idea at first, and still do when I want to farm alone, but it does work, and the GMs do enforce it. Saying that me and my gf have never been checked upon by using the same network.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
i'll admit the old porter pads just sounds like a massive incentive to play hib :p sure you have to run across emain (unless they added some sort of keep port system) but atleast you dont have to wait for those slow ass gothis to walk their asses down.

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
Funny, old porter pads is an incentive for me not to play hib. :p

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
heh, do archers have the old bow rules btw? or is it the new 'trololol i can cast spells mates im a mage!' if so i might make a scout or ranger.

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
Old rules last time I played (6-8 month's ago, perhaps more :<). Pretty sure they'll keep it that way.

Gwadien

I have a mid 30's Chanter, found having a druid and mentalist with me was super-quick levelz.

Punishment

Resident Freddy
I wouldn't mind xping a minstrel or skald tbh for speed 6 lulz, autotraining a minstrel would be painful though :(

Dvaerg

Part of the furniture
If they actually make Origins on Live server ever i will do that.

But this Uthgard i will never get hooked on.

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
Any1 plays Faith freeshard? insta50 rr4 free cap gear OF / Thidranki?

I made a merc last nite (Mercgirl yeeeha! ) and despite all the adding and attitude, i had phun! :)

- English -

Resident Freddy

I made a merc last nite (Mercgirl yeeeha! ) and despite all the adding and attitude, i had phun! :)

There was a post about it a while back, but what the majority of people said was it's being ran by kid GMS who mod their mates.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
99% of the i50 servers have corrupt gms in 1 way or another, i've yet to see an i50 server that has good/fair gms and thats exactly the reason I dont play on them and never will.

There was one ages ago (cant remember the name) it was OF aswell tho and it came out that a gm altered his friends weapon quality/bonus so it hit much harder than it should have.

Himse

FH is my second home

It's Keitans server from here, goes by the name of Empty.

It's not so much his fault, most of the people he takes on just turn out to be retards and ruin the server.

I've been modded, wasn't really that hard to get it either! It is pretty rape when you have an SB hitting for 350-400 mainhand!

Everz

FH is my second home
The above was true. Keitanz runs the server decently but he doesn't half employ some mongs. Shawn was facepalm worthy, but some people never learn.

Did they whipe Faith then Himse or is me LE superscout still going to be there ;)?

Himse

FH is my second home
No idea Everz, I don't think there's been a whipe recently.

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
A well, if you ever see Mercgirl or Hottrollchick around with free gear, show 'em love pwetty pls :)

Everz

FH is my second home
If my acc is still around I'll give you a couple million bp Vasc and alot of kit ;p.

Gwadien

I was GM on Eden, and I wasn't corrupt, i just gave good rewards, honest.

Oh, I did give myself the best gear...

- English -

Resident Freddy
It was funny that the GMS of Eden refused to admit to modding their friends aswell, when you had that merryfrench person on a minstrel with extra con and hitting harder than a merc. The worse part is it was easy to kill them as a 2v2 without being modded.

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH
The person who modded Himse was actually an admin (he had the power to mod players for like.. 3 days before he abused..) ;/ no one else apart from me have modding powers now :D

Pretty much everyone who is accused of being modded is actually abusing a bug, like we had some 5.5 speed 1h weapons on Faith at the start (not on purpose, we downloaded a database package which contained them..) so minstrels etc hit like trucks :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom