UT Patch v436 (OFFICIAL)

O

old.SUp3rFM

Just a note to let you know (at least, all of you that landed in our planet in these last few days), that Epic released UT patch v436. Yes, it's official, and it won't format your hd without you knowing :)

bla bla bla release notes...

Version 436 clients are network compatible with all previous public releases of UT (versions 400, 402, 405b, 413, 420, 425, 428, and 432).
Version 436 servers support only 432 and above clients.
- fixed joystick button handling code (thanks Chris Carollo).
- hack fix for bad playerstart in CTF-Coret.
- fixed crash for servers with more than 255 characters worth of server packages.
- fixed problems with single player ladder than cropped up in 432.
- Server now report to clients whether or not they are password protected.
- Fixed incompatibility in ChallengeHUD that caused problem for some mods.
- In the editor, the "TextureLock" option should work 100% now.
- Fixed the editor crash that some people were getting when docking a browser and getting a crash when trying to restart the editor.
- Rewrote "UEditorEngine::polySelectMatchingBrush" because SHIFT+B was crashing at random times in the editor. Should be stable now.
- Brush clipping was merging faces on the resulting brush in the editor.
- May have fixed the random "WinMain/message pump" crash in the editor.
- Pre-432 spectators not allowed to join 436 servers (because of incompatibility).

Grab it here -> http://www.fileplanet.com/dl/dl.asp?/planetunreal/official/utpatch436.exe

Bw should be mirroring it soon.

O

old.Beta

hmmmmmm

HOW MANY PATCHES IS THERE GONNA BE... AHHHHHHHHHH :(

O

old.SUp3rFM

Hope they keep coming... that's a sign that they're working to get UT an even better game, e.g., patch 432 major improvements :)

O

old.Mig

May have fixed the random "WinMain/message pump" crash in the editor

" May " -----------> rofl
shall we pray then ? :p

O

old.SUp3rFM

fingers crossed should do the work... But crossing fingers while you're playing can harm your health... *ouch* :) :) :) :) :) :)

O

old.Sp/\wN

I´d better stick with 432, there´s a new d3ddrv.dll that works fine for me :)

O

old.|V3|WhiteTiger

Always keeping everybody well informed ;) that´s my friend SUp3rFM .
But i still have that odd sinking in the ground weapons problem it doesent afect the overall performance but it is very anoying since sometimes i almost can´t see the weapons lying around on the ground :(
I hope they fix this bug next time .

T

Testin da Cable

where is SUp3rFM anyway?
havn't seen hide nor hair of him lately

-tdc

O

old.Death_Adder

WHY!?

When trying to install patch 436 I get an error message saying 'The file system\botpack.u from the CD-ROM is not the expected version. Therefore, Unreal Tournament can't be patched.' Why is this? Any ideas?

O

old.Davehart

whats the previous version of UT you have? that might be the prob.

O

old.SUp3rFM

hi :)

Here's the solution for your problem, as it is listed on the http://unreal.epicgames.com (check it!)

"We also have the server-only version of 436 available. Finally, we have the "no delta" version of the 436 patch. Its much larger (33 MB vs. 7.2 MB), and is intended for people having problems installing the normal patch - in particular customers with the Japanese version of UT or the 428 version bundled with certain Creative Labs products, or customers who get errors when trying to install a patch along the lines of : "The file system\botpack.u from the CD-ROM is not the expected version. Therefore, Unreal Tournament can't be patched."

So, download the NO DELTA version.. thats 33mb.

Good luck

p.s. Yeah, I'm back

O

old.MeanMrMustard

heheh

:D

I downloaded Theif 2 120 something MB at an average rate of 1.3k/s. Damn it took a long time.

O

old.SUp3rFM

I have cable at home, and a nice 4mbit connection at work... Still, downloads at 1.0kbs/sec are ok. I don't care... I do have time for it :)

O

old.[T2K]dARK_g

d3d.dll

I heard about the d3d driver update but am unsure where to get it, and is it compatible with v436?

O

old.SUp3rFM

dunno m8. I have a voodoo3 3000... so i'm off direct 3d :)

O

old.Death_Adder

'no delta' patch

Ok. Anyone know where I can get the 'no delta' patch? The link to site that should have it (on http://unreal.epicgames.com/) doesnt work and I can't find it anywhere!

Help me! Please!

O

old.Dragon.]-).[uatw]

Does anyone has a simular problem like these with patch 436

1.cannot select 32bit I could do that before.
2. My mousepointer when I do an ATL+TAB hangs, I stil get one but the first one keeps hangin on the same point in the middle, so I have to restart the game to solve it, it's hard to aim with a white ugly thing in your vizer.

Oke I know I can turn 32 bit on in the ini file, but I just wanted to know if I am the only one with that problem.

And the mouse thing really sucks no one not even a unreal programmer could help me. I have a TNT2 maybe it's the problem I have with driver 348-631? So I don't know if it's UT or Card.

Thanx

[Edited by Dragon.]-).[uatw] on 11-01-01 at 12:56]

O

old.SUp3rFM

The resolution for the problem with your mouse is to disable Direct Input. Think it will work.

Can't help ya with the other question. I've a 3dfx user. :)

O

old.Dragon.]-).[uatw]

Originally posted by SUp3rFM
The resolution for the problem with your mouse is to disable Direct Input. Think it will work.

Can't help ya with the other question. I've a 3dfx user. :)

Thanx it worked.

O

old.Death_Adder

Any helpers out there?

From above:

'no delta' patch
Ok. Anyone know where I can get the 'no delta' patch? The link to site that should have it (on http://unreal.epicgames.com/) doesnt work and I can't find it anywhere!

O

old.Death_Adder

Thanx!

Thanks very much! Ive been trying to find it for ages!

Users who are viewing this thread