UT LAG - PLEASE READ

O

old.EmryS

Great. Thx. That sounds right. I'm at work atm, so I can't test, but it all makes sense as I just reinstalled MS Office about 2 days b4 UT. I'll be deleting some files tonight, methinks.

Em.

O

old.EmryS

I've being playing the UT demo fairly solidly since it arrived. I've been practicing against bots most of the time, but I usually go online for an hour or so at the end of it. Whilst playing online for mebbe 20 mins or so, I start to get bad lag and fps drops to 20 ish. Last night I remembered that this used to happen a bit in older qw versions (pre 221 I think). On a hunch I alt-tabbed out of UT and hit CTRL-ALT-DEL. Sure enough, there was a findfast process running. I managed to kill this (after it informed me that it had stopped responding) and went back into UT where everything was all smooth and shiny again. I have a couple of questions:

1. does anyone know why this might happen
2. might it be a good idea to mail Brandon about this, if so I'll gladly do it

I've also posted a new thread about the future of qw which some of you might like to read.

Rgds,

EmryS

------------------

O

old.DevPac2

I hope i've understood the problem correctly (i may be barking up the wrong tree)
smile.gif

Find Fast is a MS Office app (read: very annoying p.o.s) that usually runs at start up. Have a look in your startup folder and remove it, or if you like it, disable it when you play. It seems to ignore games so thinks that the computers doing nothing and starts to index all office documents (i think)

Dev

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom