UT Bookables Changes and Tactical Ops

N

natrat

Hi all,

Now that Tactical Ops patches are only being released for the Retail version, we have to change the way our UT/Tacops bookables function. We thought we'd take the opportunity to consolidate the UT bookables as well, as 6 slots are too many for the number of users and certain combinations of games/mods.

Basically we are removing UT bookable slots 4-6, and replacing them with TacOps 1-2. UT bookables 1-3 will remain, however will not feature the mod version of tacops anymore.

What this means for you is that if you have bookings on UT bookables 4-6, you will *lose* these bookings unless you cancel them before 3pm Tuesday. At 3pm tomorrow, there will no longer be UT bookables 4-6.

Also, if you have TacOps bookings on UT slots 1-3, you will also lsoe these. All TacOps bookings will need to wait until the 2 new slots are put in at 3pm tomorrow.

Hope this is clear (as mud!)

cheers
nathan

L

lain

yop booking is cool, but we have play a war 5vs5 tonigth and average ping was 150... some player had 200, it hard to play... some disconnection and big lags :( is it "usual" or was it a ponctual problem?

I have heard that new serveur ask more resources... Do you noticed that?

N

natrat

Lain can you let me know which server exactly this was on please?

ta
n

G

Guffrie

was the same last night with a UT1 war, not sure which server but ping was at 80 raw ping for a bit (normal) then it would spike to 800 or so.. then back to 80... 600.. 80... 900.. etc :)

G

Guffrie

the ip was infact: gbsvr06.game.net:7790 for the ut1 bookable.

L

lain

That was the first server for TO... I don't have the exact ip here, I will check when I will be @ home :)

N

natrat

I've put some cpu monitoring on the box and will check ito ut tomorrow.

L

lain

I confirm my server ip:
Server information
------------------
Name - GAME.NET Bookable - Tactical Ops (1)
Address - gbsvr06.game.net:7800 (IP address 213.221.176.38:7800)

L

lain

Any news about that? I've planed war on Friday and Thursday... I hope it will be solve (if that was from your side... at seond thought, may be french strikes :D)

N

natrat

hey chaps...

well i ran CPU logging over two days and the CPU use is fine, it rarely got above 50% on either cpu which is well within tolerance. I don't think it's the box. If you see these problems again, do a traceroute to 213.221.172.129 at the time of the problem and paste me the result. You can also try grabbing me on irc in channel #game.net (nick is nat) when it happens and if i am about i'll take a look (there's no guarentee i'll be at the keyboard though).

cheers
n

N

nuk_su_kow

help 4 me plz!

hey Iain , how do you go about organising your wars as i have started a small clan and feel we are ready to test our metal against some good players.
any help would be great.
ta.

Users who are viewing this thread