Using buffs in duels

O

old.Bubble

Incase you guys didn't already know IMHO this is cheating

You are using outside help to win

A few people inside sauvage last night looked to be Really going well...until they logged and 6 buffs dropped of them (members of 1 guild)

If your going to use buffs tell your enemy...

O

old.Hellskor

does that mean you duel with Friars unbuffed ? o_0

Givf unbuffed Friarz !

;)

M

Meatballs

lol @ cheating in duels. If you want proper duelling decide before the duel no active RAs and no buffs and no outside interference.

S

sru

and group first . .check each others buffs then ungroup. Stops anyone lying.

F

fatgit

who says it's cheating ? Last time I looked there werent any specific rules.

If you dont want people buffed/using pots/bp items/RA's, agree to some rules before starting the duel.

Some people prefer to duel using all the characters abilities.

C

civy

Sorcs can get buffed off pets, release the pet and keep the buffs. Is this cheating or just playing the class?

O

old.Purificator

If you knew morticia, you wouldn't have really made the assumption that she was "cheating". She forgot she had buffs on, simple as that, no matter how silly it sounds.
She told me she was sorry for that the next morning and that she was afraid of what ppl would say about her.

So thats all.. no "owning" "no uberness" no "cheating"

G

Generic Poster

mmmm.. settle this through a rematch?

No of course not, forums threads and flames are the way to go.

<flames stuff>

G

Gimly

I dont find buffs a problem.. what i hate is that in total i have 63 in shield with MoB3 and I can go a whole fight with out blocking :rolleyes:

O

old.Bubble

self buffs are okay
i'm talking about an armsman/theugist/paladin with 6 buffs
this makes a hellofa difference to casting time/block rate/attack damage

T

tris-

its not cheating, it just shows the person using the outside buffs takes the game too seriously and wants to win everything. its only supposed to be a bit of fun. thats how i see people with buff bots too.

G

Graknak

What about Clerics? Can't they buff themselves? Are Cleric buffs on the cleric himself seen as selfbuffs?
And besides, why should a duel be fair? are duels in RvR fair? Ofcourse not.
Taking on a buffed person could infact teach you more about how to win/handle such situations, wich occurs more then duelling a non-buffed person.
I mean, thats what duelling is in for right? You could even check the difference between 2 different buffers for that matter.
Tbh duelling without someone having an advantage makes you kinda lazy in my opinion.

Those where my 2 cents about the subject.
(btw this is not supposed to be any flame of somesort, just my thoughts about this)

Greets, Cuth

M

mabs0r

duels are pointless
unless you enjoy nackering your armour ;)

They are too fake, and give people illusions of grandeur :(

Sure people will duel scouts for example, but they wont stand at max range and get crit shot, so its not fair on the scout , and will then claim to have owned whoever o_O

as for buffing.... why not ? GIFV BUFFZ!

/me shambles off to repair armour :|

S

SoulFly Amarok

Originally posted by civy
Sorcs can get buffed off pets, release the pet and keep the buffs. Is this cheating or just playing the class?

AFAIK, when you release the pet, you lose the buffs.

B

Brannor McThife

Um... sorry to come onto Alb board...but, don't duels auto-end after the first hit if you are (a) grouped with someone else or (b) have non-self buffs?

-G

J

Jilly

as cleric I have to fully buff or I lose.

actually, even fully buffed I lose :)

what the hell though it's just a game :)

I have to work on my duelling tactics :)

Y

Yussef

I know you can group midway through a battle, I blocked my own attacks, gimped or what? :p

G

Generic Poster

imo- dueling is about testing yourself against someone, at the best of their abilities.

So friars and clerics can buff themselves(unless they choose not to) and if you expect a caster to remove their abs buffs, you might aswell take off your armour aswell.

But using a buffbot without telling your opponent, is kinda lame.

I also hate people who throw a tantrum when you beat them and start calling your class lame and cry nerf... etc :rolleyes:

G

Gimly

Originally posted by Brannor McThife
Um... sorry to come onto Alb board...but, don't duels auto-end after the first hit if you are (a) grouped with someone else or (b) have non-self buffs?

-G

I had a duel with aguild mate called Lonewalker we were both buffed by the cleric of the group. As we had the same buffs we thought we would carry on and did so.

C

civy

Originally posted by SoulFly Amarok

AFAIK, when you release the pet, you lose the buffs.

Nah not if you do it right. I can keep my buffs even if I die. I only lose them if I zone.

Charm a pet. Get the buffs. Put it on stay. Run till the pet control box stops responding. release the pet. The buffs are now permanent.

C

civy

Originally posted by Gimly
Will that work with Minstrels also?

I suppose if you can get far enough away before you lose control of the pet. Keep switching between defence/passive to find out if you are.

Users who are viewing this thread