[ARCHMAGE] Useful Archamge guide for new players

VidX

One of Freddy's beloved
I actually prefer my AM in RvR over my BW. There's just more to do and the survivability is way higher.

That and the fact that there's a lack of active healers around that actually want to heal :)

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
I don't understand the point in such an early stage guide. Overall I'd focus on group mechanics in PvE/PvP and solo PvP mechanics when you take the guide further.

Also Archamge != Archmage :).

It's a fun and versatile class, but the look is pretty annoying... :/.

Adlatus Hellbringer

Fledgling Freddie
I don't understand the point in such an early stage guide. Overall I'd focus on group mechanics in PvE/PvP and solo PvP mechanics when you take the guide further.

Also Archamge != Archmage :).

It's a fun and versatile class, but the look is pretty annoying... :/.

It helps people make a decision on whether they want to play the class and I will be adding to it as I level.

maba27

Fledgling Freddie
I disagree with the guide.

It depends on what you want to do, but in my opinion your first and second stat is willpower and thoughness (so either willpower first or thoughness first)
That is if you play lots of scenario's. With 5-7 wounded allies nearby you simply dont have the time or the AP to do much damage. Welll, you could ofcourse be a bitch and dont heal, but for me healing and support comes first.

In pve the thoughness helps too. At the moment i can dot two enemies two lvls above while keeping my health at 75-100%. When one of them is at 5% hp or less, i start dotting another one. With better gear i estimate to be able to dot up to four enemies two lvls above.

Note that in scenario's your team will problably run like a bunch of cowards, while you're casting heal spells on them, leaving you surrounded by enemies. This is where the thoughness comes in. If done well, you can 'tank' several enemy players for some time. Pray that your team manages to kill them before the enemy kills you. Sometimes it actually really works. I've 'tanked' up to 5 enemies like that. Certainly with enemy tanks it works well, because they do low damage. If it's melee dps you wont last long.

It also helps for when you encounter a lone enemy. You dont do enough damage to kill much. Maybe at first yes, but later on, no. You excell at assisting. Keep yourself alive and slowly retreat towards your allies.

Later on (tier 3 on my server) your role will be much the same as a football. It's simple, the enemy sticks together, one tank orso runs forward, runs through your allies, gets behind you and does knockback, which makes you fly into the enemy team. They welcome you with snares and massive damage. Good luck trying to survive that with only willpower and intelligence.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Made on on Karak 8 Peaks, pretty much come top of the dmg table and the top 5 on heals lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom