Usage allowance on broadband.

Oidche

Fledgling Freddie
Graknak said:
Here in Holland if ya hit yer cap(mine currently at 40gb and i did hit it a few times, thank god i got friends in higher places ;)), yer up/download gets reduced to the equivalent of using a 56k modem, dunno about such policies in the UK tho...

It has nothing to do with your country, it's up to your ISP to decide what the limit is, and what happens if you go over that limit. I'm withXS4All, and they have a fair-use policy. I made a screenshot of my stats:

stats.png

May this year was pretty impressive <grins>

Brunore

Fledgling Freddie
I pull about 10GB down a week, every week!!

DC++ is ubeh

xDDD

Squalion

Fledgling Freddie
i have bt adsl, and even after they introduced the cap i still downlaoded 40gb that month or close.

I THINK that the cap is for NEW customers, who joined after the first of july. :)

Meduza

One of Freddy's beloved
plomien said:
I know there will be people out there who wouldn't touch ntl for whatever reason but over 1million customers (reached before BT got it) can't be wrong.
erm.. ?? Thats like saying shit tastes good, cuz 1 billion flies cant be wrong... :touch:

Meduza

One of Freddy's beloved
Oidche said:
It has nothing to do with your country, it's up to your ISP to decide what the limit is, and what happens if you go over that limit. I'm withXS4All, and they have a fair-use policy. I made a screenshot of my stats:

stats.png

May this year was pretty impressive <grins>
u sure ur not infected with trojan horse or some 3rd d00d using ur pc while ur on ? if upstream=downstream thats an indicator of a backdoor (not sying u have it tho, but u should chk imo - wouldnt hurt afterall ;))

Coolan

One of Freddy's beloved
meduz its always possible that not only is he downloading files but also uploading files to other people at the same time as i do myself.

Nalistah

Fledgling Freddie
thanks g000d for no download-limit.. that would suck arse.. i pay £40/month for 8mbit adsl, no limits what so ever.

[SS]Gamblor

Fledgling Freddie
Squalion said:
i have bt adsl, and even after they introduced the cap i still downlaoded 40gb that month or close.

I THINK that the cap is for NEW customers, who joined after the first of july. :)

the caps kick in at the end of the year for all customers ... :(

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Telewest are the bomb, if you look at their 'low user' tarrif they recommend it's for e-mails and light surfing only, fair use policy 700mb a day...lol

That's 21 gb a month for light use!!!!!!!

Meduza

One of Freddy's beloved
Coolan said:
meduz its always possible that not only is he downloading files but also uploading files to other people at the same time as i do myself.
yea, well... wouldnt hurt scan for it tho ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom