US version

glabbin

One of Freddy's beloved
Where can i get ahold of a copy of the us version if i live in norway?

cemi0

Can't get enough of FH
If you have EU Catacombs just make a clean install of that into folder called Catacombs US or something like that.

When you done installing go into Update.dat and change the lines to:
Mythic Patch
patch.daoc.net:1280/updates/catacombs/mpatch.dat
patch.daoc.net:1280/updates/catacombs/mpatch.dat

It will update a patch on 40 MBs so its alot faster than downloading the free trial.

All you gotta do now is create the free account. You can find a CD key on Mythics website.

Just be aware when you try to launch the game it will pop with a msg box saying that you are not authorised to play this blabla please register Catacombs. Just press the button Cancel and you are out of it.

If you want to register Catacombs aswell then I can advice http://www.interactcd.com/. It is the cheapest place I found US Catacombs - $24,95 or around €20,55.

giz0r

Loyal Freddie
Does anyone know when you create a 14 day trial, do you need to active toa before you can activate cata?

Thegreatest

Fledgling Freddie
giz0r said:
Does anyone know when you create a 14 day trial, do you need to active toa before you can activate cata?

That's what I'm wondering also, but I think that just activating catacombs is enough.

Does anyone know how I can get my hands on an US copy of Catacombs from the Netherlands? Amazon.com doesn't ship to NL, and gamersloot isn't an option as I prefer not to pay with cc.

Tilda

Ok guys:

Easiest way:

If you have EU SI version, patch it and change its update.dat to the US version.
If you dont, go to the GOA site and the downloads section and download the full version of shrouded isles.

Then go to the US site and get a 2 week trial, this allows you to play using your SI client.

If you want to use the catacombs classes or zones, you then only need a catacombs key. You do NOT need a toa key, or toa activated first.
You can buy catas keys on there on all over the web.

To use catas, download catas full version from the goa homepage, patch to full on goa servers and then change update.dat to US. then just log in once you've activated catas on your account.

And yes, you can activate catas on a trial account, and keep playing it after the 2 weeks.

Tilda

Thegreatest

Fledgling Freddie
What about ToA then? Can you go to ToA with just Catacombs activated on the trial account?

Coolan

One of Freddy's beloved
no if u have the trial account is classic+si then u add a cata key to it u have classic+si+cata you wont be able to enter the toa zones.

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Tilda said:
Ok guys:

Easiest way:

If you have EU SI version, patch it and change its update.dat to the US version.
If you dont, go to the GOA site and the downloads section and download the full version of shrouded isles.

Then go to the US site and get a 2 week trial, this allows you to play using your SI client.

You can also download the US Trial client (classic+SI with with free cata models/engine) directly instead :) No need to download SI from GOA (unless you get far greater speed from them? I had about 300-400kbit when i downloaded from one of mythics partners).

Silverbirch

Fledgling Freddie
Does any1 know if u need a new CD key for each acount btw? or can you use one for all your accounts?

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Silverbirch said:
Does any1 know if u need a new CD key for each acount btw? or can you use one for all your accounts?

Always need a new cd key for every account you create or expansion you activate on an account.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom