US Shadowbane

T

Turamber

If people think that GOA's handling of DAOC sucks they have no concept of the abysmal handling of Shadowbane by Ubi soft. The log in servers for the game have been down repeatedly for weeks -- once again (at no great surprise) they have been down for virtually all of today.

It has come to the point where some people never log out of Shadowbane (despite the memory leak) as they are afraid they'll never get back on again.

Even when the service is up and running the code is bugged, the official information about the game flawed to the nth degree and the lag becomes utterly unplayable at times.

Such a shame because the concept of the game is head and shoulders above DAOC ... shame that the execution or implementation, rather, has been so woeful. A good example of a company's desperation to recoup development costs that they release a product before testing has been completed.

Sadly with the number of people leaving the game now it could be that Shadowbane will just be a time filler before other games (WoW/SWG etc) are available. I'm certainly feeling that way.

What that means for a European release I don't know for certain, but at least the majority of European customers have not had the priviledge of paying for open beta like the rest of us :p

C

.Cask

Shadow-wha?

At least they demonstrated to the world how NOT to run an mmorpg :/

C

chi_

I haven't had a problem with the login servers for weeks.

I have little lag, even on ISDN.

People will flock to SWG in their thousands then realise how poor it is.

Users who are viewing this thread