US servers: Darkness Rising and LoTM is now free

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
As many of you may have read in today's Press Release, Dark Age of Camelot's 4th and 5th retail expansions, Darkness Rising (DR) and Labyrinth of the Minotaur (LotM), are now free to all subscribers. In order to deliver this content, Dark Age of Camelot has received a new patch system as of today. All users will be affected by the new patch system in the following ways:

Labyrinth of the Minotaur & 5th Anniversary Players

Effective today, Thursday, August 13th, if you currently play the game with the LotM or 5th Anniversary Edition clients, your game client will automatically switch to the new patch system and you will experience a small download before being able to access the game.

All Other Players

If you currently play the game with a client older than LotM or the 5th Anniversary Edition, we'll be pushing the new patch system to you along with all the additional expansion content up through LotM on Thursday, August 20th. Please note that in some cases your patch will exceed 2 GB. Hopefully, delaying this push will give you enough time to prepare for what's possibly a very large patch.

How to Upgrade Now

To better manage a potentially lengthy download time and to allow you to upgrade to the new patch system at a time of your choosing, you can automatically download content thru Labyrinth of the Minotaur from now until Wednesday, August 19th by doing the following:

1) Download the new installer here, Mythic Entertainment | Dark Age of Camelot - Play the 14-Day Free Trial!, and run it;

2) After accepting the License Agreement, type in the current directory of your DAoC installation in the field provided and click install (for example, if you currently play the game with Darkness Rising or the Epic Edition, the default directory you would type in may be C:MythicDarkness, but you will need to confirm this yourself) - this will update your current game client instead of downloading the entire game from scratch;

3) A new icon will be installed on the desktop (you may use either the new or existing desktop icon to patch and access the game);

4) Double click the DAoC icon on your desktop and allow the game to patch.

If you would prefer not to receive the new patch system in advance, simply do nothing and wait until August 20th for the upgrade to occur automatically.

Mythic Entertainment | Camelot Herald - Community News for Dark Age of Camelot!
Mythic Entertainment Announces Dark Age of Camelot: Darkness Rising and Labyrinth of the Minotaur Expansions Now Free (press release)

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Also rumour has it they are working on some more new content too, seperate to the new ruleset servers

Give it 6 months and they will bin Warhammer and work on DAOC again :)

WiZe^

Can't get enough of FH
Also rumour has it they are working on some more new content too, seperate to the new ruleset servers

Give it 6 months and they will bin Warhammer and work on DAOC again :)

Lets hope it gets too that =)

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Does this mean you can /level heretics, vampiirs, bainshees, valks and warlocks now? -.-

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
Shame that other crowd at GoA didn't realise who was buttering their bread all these years and do something about cluster and other guestures of goodwill, instead of the dropping us like a hot rock for WH. Wonder if they'll follow suit with any of this, probably not and probably too late now.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Shame that other crowd at GoA didn't realise who was buttering their bread all these years and do something about cluster and other guestures of goodwill, instead of the dropping us like a hot rock for WH. Wonder if they'll follow suit with any of this, probably not and probably too late now.

Who cares, with any luck GOA will go bust pretty soon. They will reap what they sow. :)

Jiggs

Can't get enough of FH
I suspect GOA keeping the English servers up is just a contractual thing.

Big Ugly

Fledgling Freddie
well, good move, eventhough i already have both expansions bought and instellen.

...and now the patcher isn't working for me :lol:

TheBinarySurfer

Can't get enough of FH

You are clearly an imposter and not the real Maeloch. You expected competent customer service from GoA! :lol: (or from any money-making organisation for that matter).

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Who cares, with any luck GOA will go bust pretty soon. They will reap what they sow. :)

not gonna happen. DAoC and WAR isnt the only MMO's they run. so even if both those games close in europe GOA wont be that affected by it.

Everz

FH is my second home
not gonna happen. DAoC and WAR isnt the only MMO's they run. so even if both those games close in europe GOA wont be that affected by it.

Its Mythic/Bioware now running/working on 4 mmo's

Warhammer
DAoC
UO
Star Wars mmo (cant remember name).

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Correct, GOA only run DAOC, WAR and a bunch of random flash games that interest nobody in Europe.

They are a long way up shit creak and they lost their paddle years ago.

Madmaxx

FH is my second home
bah ive got like 2 or 3gb to download but it seems to be going quick so im not complaining.

Madmaxx

FH is my second home
pretty random patcher, jumped from 16% to 23% out of know where hehe

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Can't even get the patcher to run atm so can't get the new launcher. will try later on i suppose.

Edit. If you get error code 308 and run Vista, run it as admin. Works fine now.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Can't even get the patcher to run atm so can't get the new launcher. will try later on i suppose.

Edit. If you get error code 308 and run Vista, run it as admin. Works fine now.

N00000bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb :twak:

Madmaxx

FH is my second home
i cant believe this... i ran labby on euro servers and my laptop just lagged like some kind of cctv footage real jumping every 5 secs..downloaded it last night and im running at speed 6 in labby perfectly fine on US servers lol.... i swear DAOC runs better for me on Devon than dyvet so strange you'd think it would be the other way around with the distance, maybe these hardware updates they did improved my gameplay :)

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Doesn't matter where I go, I always lag :(

Just last night when we were out as a 4man grp zerging about in emain daoc just froze and closed by itself.. Sorry Gaen, Das and Kala!

WiZe^

Can't get enough of FH
running 2 account on same comp whit labby, almost never lagg =)

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
speaking of the new patcher. anyone else noticed the complete lack of EA logos? even their bink video is gone...

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Its run under bioware now afaik, still part of EA but their new RPG/MMO group.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom