US server links

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Currently playing DAOC on European servers with Darkness Rising.

I'd like to play on the US servers for a bit (I'm not interested in the 14-day trial).

Can anyone kindly tell me precisely what I need (licences / downloads, etc) to start playing on US and where to get them ?

Thank you
:)

Baldanah

Fledgling Freddie
ok , you can patch your Euro client to US version by changing your " Update.dat " file to read the following :-

Mythic Patch
patch.daoc.net:1280/updates/labyrinth/mpatch.dat
patch.daoc.net:1280/updates/labyrinth/mpatch.dat

( change the labyrinth part of the lines to atlantis or to which ever expansion you buy , all expansions can be bought digitally once you've created the account )
( if your buying Labyrinth , theres a seperate client download for it on Mythics download page )

Patch up , then create a new account using the a trial account key from here :-

http://www.darkageofcamelot.com/downloads/

Use the trial key to create your account , then you can purchase the expansions and subs ( which are activated as soon as you buy ) from the accounts log in page through the log in

This way theres no need to get any discs imported , unless you really want to :)

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
So having spent money on Catacombs + DR, I gotta buy the expansions AGAIN ?

Everz

FH is my second home
Lamp said:
So having spent money on Catacombs + DR, I gotta buy the expansions AGAIN ?
u can buy cata/dr/lotm for $29 from mythic

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Sod that. I thought it was just a case of buying a licence and changing the update patch so that the US changes kicked in. I didn't realise you had to buy the game all over again. What a con.

I'll give it a miss.

Thanks to those who responded.

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
Lamp said:
Sod that. I thought it was just a case of buying a licence and changing the update patch so that the US changes kicked in. I didn't realise you had to buy the game all over again. What a con.

I'll give it a miss.

Thanks to those who responded.

its a different company what did you expect ?

$29 is a bargin for all the expansions imo.

Nate

FH is my second home
will another expansion become free when they loose the toa client? might be worth waiting a few months if you wanna spend a bit less

MadsKaizer

Fledgling Freddie
Nate said:
will another expansion become free when they loose the toa client? might be worth waiting a few months if you wanna spend a bit less

cant remember if it was toa or catacombs that will get included in free acc from now on

Neffneff

Fledgling Freddie
from what i understand..all the expansion etc on US is about 16-17 quid..hardly alot when you consider that's one month subs for main on excal+BB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom