US Player trying to buy Daoc Europe:English version

S

sylena

This may be odd, but here is how circumstances have me playing on Prydwen instead of a US server. I played Daoc about a year ago and quit to play EQ and met some friends there who were European. They later convinced me to play Daoc with them , one of them bought a Daoc game box over there and provided me with a cd key so i could register a European Version. I needed a few files from that CD that would overwrite my US version. (Basically bought the game 2x to play with my friends in Europe).

Now - SI is out and I would like to play that with them as well. Unfortunately, amazon.co.uk doesnt ship to the US, nor is Daoc Europe:English version for sale in the US. (let alone any other version)

I can't find any email to mythic or the Euro company GOA that would help me answer my question. Where can I get the game?! How would I be able to go about buying it myself. My friends have offered to buy it for me and maybe send me the files from the CD over to me via internet since we all have high speed bandwidth, but I'd rather have a box, cd and proof of purchase if you know what I mean.

If its ok for them to buy the game for me, provide me with a CD key, which files would I need from the cd to use the patcher? Would i need all the files or would the patcher be able to provide me with whatever files I'm missing? (like u can with eq patcher) And if so, which files would I need first to be able to use the patcher like this, as it would be the most effecient way to get the files. Then I could register the add-on with the CD Key that was purchased in England.

Thanks for your help... wanting to play SI !!!! Im adicted to Daoc, and playing with my friends. Just too bad I live on the other side of the big pond.

-Sylena

L

lordbazzer

My advice to you would be to get your friends to purchase the game over here in the U.K and send you the entire thing (box,cd etc) by UPS or PARCELFORCE.

That way you get the box the cd and ALL the files instead of just the ones you need to get overwritten.

If you ever get a problem trust me you'll be glad you have the proper cd.

A

Addlcove

Originally posted by elath
Try buying it from www.amazon.co.uk - you'll get the euro version from here

dopehead :p

Originally posted by sylena
Now - SI is out and I would like to play that with them as well. Unfortunately, amazon.co.uk doesnt ship to the US, nor is Daoc Europe:English version for sale in the US. (let alone any other version)

D

Damini

There's a few other players here from the USA, I'll try to herd some here to give you help.

O

old.Vae

I think Gameplay.co.uk ship to the US. One of my guild members has moved to Texas for a few years and is having to get SI shipped over - think he said it was £8 P&P on top of the £16.99 game.

F

Flimgoblin

you don't need it shipped...

you just need to get someone to email you the update.dat and possibly login.dat from the european version afaik.

Basically the same way as you can run the original DAoC...

maybe see if you can get your friends in europe to send the files? (they're just plain text files)

as far as I can remember it's the same update.dat as in the basic EU DAOC - but you change 'camelot' to 'isles'
but it's probably easier to get them to email you the files :)

Users who are viewing this thread