US Open Beta/Stess Test Installer torrent

Darac

Fledgling Freddie
Just seen this on the www.worldofwarcraft.com site.

"Blizzard Announces World of Warcraft Final Stress Test - Helcon on 11/01/04
In preparation for the upcoming free open beta test, Blizzard will be conducting a final stress test for World of Warcraft. Starting today, November 1, at 1:00 PM PST, players who would like to get a sneak peek of the game prior to the free open beta test will be able to visit FilePlanet, sign up for the final stress test, download the game client, and begin playing. In addition to helping us further test World of Warcraft's server infrastructure under heavy loads, final stress test participants will automatically have their free open beta test slots reserved, and their account and characters will transfer over to the free open beta test seamlessly! For more information, please check out our final stress test FAQ and free open beta test FAQ.
Please note that a subscription to FilePlanet is required in order to join the final stress test. For those who wish to wait until the free open beta starts to join in, we will be releasing information about signups for that in the week ahead. The exact duration of the final stress test has not yet been determined; however, the free open beta test will begin shortly after the final stress test is brought to a close. Please stay tuned to WorldofWarcraft.com for more information.

Seems we will need to join fileplanet for $15.95 to get an account.

Draylor

Part of the furniture
Darac said:
Seems we will need to join fileplanet for $15.95 to get an account.
Aye, the first copule of hours or so it was up for there was a link for a 1 month subscription for around $8.

Surprisingly enough that disappeared very quickly.

Stekkerdoos

Fledgling Freddie
As with the previous stress-test, the paying fileplanet users will be able to get a stress-test CD-Key earlier.

FilePlanet Subscribers gain access to the Open Beta one week early, so sign-up now and play
After that you'll probably be able to get a CD-Key till they are out of cd-keys.

And after the stress-test there is open beta, or maybe open beta is the stress-test ?

Escape

Can't get enough of FH
The Final Stress-Test started yesterday and will probably last for 1-2weeks.
(You need to be a FP subscriber or previous beta-tester to join)

After this, the Open Beta will start. OB sign-up should open later this week.

Darac

Fledgling Freddie
"Congratulations! You have been accepted into the World of Warcraft® Final Stress Test and Open Beta.

Your unique World of Warcraft Open Beta key is reserved for you! Guaranteed!!! Due to high demand, we are distributing keys in groups. You will get your key as soon as your group is released. Please do not resubmit your information because it will not get you in any faster. Watch for your Final Stress Test and Open Beta key email and have fun!"

Woot!! I managed to get signed up!! Just gotta wait for the email with my CD key now before I can download the client. I have the client downloaded for the Euro beta (was hoping to get in!). Does anyone know if this will work?

Tinu

Fledgling Freddie
You need the new client and u don´t have to wait for the key to download.

Grimmy

Fledgling Freddie
Where can you download it from while you wait for the key to arrive?

Grimmy

Fledgling Freddie
L0stS0ul said:
the initial link in this very thread :eek7:

That says Euro beta though...?

I've got the working link from Fileplanet now tho from Darac (Thanks btw) so I'm DLing as we speak :)

Cyradix

FH is my second home
Downloading too :)

Just waiting for my cdkey email... :(

L0stS0ul

Fledgling Freddie
Grimmy said:
That says Euro beta though...?

I've got the working link from Fileplanet now tho from Darac (Thanks btw) so I'm DLing as we speak :)

Ah s'all good then.... BUT... on that link, there is infact 2 tabs at the top.... EU & US.... clicking on the US tab yields.....

US-WoW-Installer-OpenBeta.torrent 2.5 gb

:bazbeer:

Esena

Fledgling Freddie
if you just post us that aspx url after the instal is done will be better i think :p

Darac

Fledgling Freddie
OK, the file has arrived!

Make sure you have Winzip 9.0 insalled to unzip it! I only had Winrar on my server and it reported the file as being corrupt (I was like wtf!!).

Grimmy

Fledgling Freddie
Darac said:
OK, the file has arrived!

Make sure you have Winzip 9.0 insalled to unzip it! I only had Winrar on my server and it reported the file as being corrupt (I was like wtf!!).

Thanks for the heads up, I use Winrar too. Don't know if this helps (I've got 40%+ to go yet) but I checked the winrar website after you posted this:

Last updated: 3 November 2004 - RAR and WinRAR 3.41 release

Just installed it, will post tomorrow if it works on the WoW zip.

Grimmy

Fledgling Freddie
Blergh nope, still need winzip 9... and my download is corrupt, so having to use the torrent site to get disk 3 :)

Account created so will be WoWing after work :clap:

Darac

Fledgling Freddie
Got my account created this morning before work! Was able to run around on "test4" server for 10 mins or so before I had to head of to work!! Gonna burn the midnight oil tonight though!

Escape

Can't get enough of FH
Grimmy said:
Blergh nope, still need winzip 9... and my download is corrupt, so having to use the torrent site to get disk 3 :)

Your download isn't corrupt ;)
Disk 3 is there but you need to extract the file with winzip.

It was the same with the last stress test download, should've been fixed by now if this is a new build.

living

Fledgling Freddie
And i dont have to live in US to play? :)

ANd if i got the EU closed beta can i use that to play instead of downloading? :>

Ashandar

Fledgling Freddie
Bleh!

Fileplanet :(

At least you will gettit sooner than us CB lot, taking the client from WoW direct... 1.5 DAYS!!! to get it !! FFS! :puke:

SIGH!

But i dont think we will get auto OB accounts.. bit confusing all that :(

Ashandar

Fledgling Freddie
Whisperess said:
so, anyone have it on FTP yet? ^^

Havent even got the bloody client yet :(

V annoying ! Its a ploy i tell ya ! Either :-

A) Wait ages and ages, and AGES to get it off the WoW site...

or

B) Pay Fileplanet $16 and get it in 2 hours.. Hmmmmmmmmm i wonder.

Is it just me being cynical, but what a coincidence that all of a sudden the WoW BT is sooooo painfull slow and then VOILA a fab quick alternative arrives :( but ya gotta pay (and i think Blizz gets some of that!).. damn them all !!!!!!!!!!

:mad:

Whisperess

Can't get enough of FH
Ashandar said:
Is it just me being cynical, but what a coincidence that all of a sudden the WoW BT is sooooo painfull slow and then VOILA a fab quick alternative arrives :( but ya gotta pay (and i think Blizz gets some of that!).. damn them all !!!!!!!!!!

:mad:
Using the torrent in the OP yeilds ~ 305 kB/Sec at the moment for me. Not that painfully slow :)

(psst, don't use Blizzards own downloader, it will most likely choke your upload capacity and thus your download capacity as well)

Edit: 340 kB/sec and rising ^^

Aada

Part of the furniture
Guys do you have to use WINZIP 9 to extract the files? ive downloaded WINZIP but when i go to install i get an error saying winzip cannot locate a recent HTML help viewer...

So i go to update and my IE is already upto date? im using Mozilla Firefox.. if this is the problem how do i fix it? must be some IT gods out there who can help fix this simple but hard problem for me :(

Mithradir

Loyal Freddie
i am dling the us version right now :)

Then only problem is how on earth i ll find auth key since i am from Europe. I think they ll give only to us ,australia etc as they mention on the site

Mithradir

Loyal Freddie
i am still downloading the beta but some times i get a download error message that says bad data from tracker.

Will the download be corrupted or u had it also ?

Whisperess

Can't get enough of FH
Don't worry about that, it won't affect your download.

I didn't need to unzip the download at all, but I used the torrent file with another program instead of the Blizzard downloader.

Mithradir

Loyal Freddie
damn it seems that u cant dl the beta from torrent any more. When i try to resume it says "Problem connecting to tracker.Http error:Gone"

Anyone has a clue?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom