US/EU server stats

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
http://daoc.darkzone.net/

Looks like the US population keeps on going down, bit by bit.

EU servers got a boost because of Catacombs, but looks like they are dropping again.

Come on GoA/Mythic do some (more) promotion for the game, all i see is WoW everywhere in the shops

:m00:

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
I think numbers dropped in europe last week(s) due to lag. We might see them go up again as soon as a lot of people realize it is playable again.

Equendil

Fledgling Freddie
No matter what, I doubt promotion of the game would get much new blood on the servers, it's a relatively old game that isn't newbie friendly at all, and well, WoW is more attractive and a better game in many ways and it's new.

orbin

Fledgling Freddie
I think more and more WoW ppl will come back to daoc since WoWs PvP sucks donkey balls, it will take a while for people to hit 60 and realize that.

/Gashemi

Morchaoron

Fledgling Freddie
orbin said:
I think more and more WoW ppl will come back to daoc since WoWs PvP sucks donkey balls, it will take a while for people to hit 60 and realize that.

/Gashemi

i doubt that much will come back, daoc isnt actually improving rvr wise and wow is, the battlegrounds r0x (on test server)

Illtar

Fledgling Freddie
Morchaoron said:
i doubt that much will come back, daoc isnt actually improving rvr wise and wow is, the battlegrounds r0x (on test server)

You mean that, lol

Any fixed grps is impossible (unless you want to wait a hour to start) becuase of the dumb system, Waiting to get in suck etc etc.

Capture the flag is a joke in a mmorpg, and horribly unbalanced...

Morchaoron

Fledgling Freddie
Illtar said:
You mean that, lol

Any fixed grps is impossible (unless you want to wait a hour to start) becuase of the dumb system, Waiting to get in suck etc etc.

Capture the flag is a joke in a mmorpg, and horribly unbalanced...

my server is not as overcrowded as the test server ofc ;p

and ctf isnt that much more of a joke then daoc keepzerging, at least here there are certain rules that makes it more fair (isnt that what all here whined about in daoc, "omg lame zerg, want 8vs8"

and dont tell me daoc actually is balanced ;p

in the end both are played the same way: gather a oped fotm group and farm rps (or cp)

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
looking at the peak of US and EU players(last 24 hours), EU population was between 1-2k more players than the US.

Wonder if that means that because the EU population will overtake the US in a few months time that we will get the expansions first? yeah right.. would be nice to get them at the same time though.... after all we would be Mythics largests player base.. and they hopefully want to keep us happy.

:m00:

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Morchaoron said:
guildwars instances > wow :p

Zaitenko

Fledgling Freddie
I will most likely never surrender to the WoW enthusiasts :)

Daoc has, THE best idea for end game play there is on the market today. If you rvr in daoc and your realm takes alot of keeps it helps the realm. Capture the flag? Sounds like you can go quakeing imo :) But I do agree WoW has waaaaay better PvE then daoc has.

Imo give a combination of UO(skill system that wtfpwns: atleast when you only could have 100 skill in any one skill) and daoc rvr and I'd be the happiest man in the world.

Edit: Look you made me forget the subject totally! :p I don't think EU will ever be able to get the expansions at the same time as US without delaying the US one as long as it would take to translate everything in EU. But sure would be nice, wouldn't get you the game faster tho...

Illtar

Fledgling Freddie
Morchaoron said:
my server is not as overcrowded as the test server ofc ;p

and ctf isnt that much more of a joke then daoc keepzerging, at least here there are certain rules that makes it more fair (isnt that what all here whined about in daoc, "omg lame zerg, want 8vs8"

and dont tell me daoc actually is balanced ;p

in the end both are played the same way: gather a oped fotm group and farm rps (or cp)

Ravencrest where i played i wow is nearly as populated as test servers. (usually small queue in the evening). so would be as many, but tbh total numbers aside, making sure that the 4 ppl you are grouped with come into the same BG will be a pain...

Zergs battles are totally uninteresting in wow due to lag of CC, and an IMMENSE LAG.

And on the other part, no daoc isnt balanced, but wow is really worse in CTF, Druids are so lame is dull. Warriors are extremely powerfull. And the lack of /face /stick commands make the LOS abusing a absolute joke.

Abel

Fledgling Freddie
Druids are so lame is dull. Warriors are extremely powerfull.

I eat both those classes for breakfast (I'm a priest). What class are you ? WoW has a rock-paper-scissors approach to balance, so what might seem overpowered to you might be a cakewalk for others.

Zaitenko

Fledgling Freddie
Abel said:
I eat both those classes for breakfast (I'm a priest). What class are you ? WoW has a rock-paper-scissors approach to balance, so what might seem overpowered to you might be a cakewalk for others.

Kind of like daoc then I guess, can't think of any class that can eat all classes for breakfast :)

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
Zaitenko said:
Kind of like daoc then I guess, can't think of any class that can eat all classes for breakfast :)

hmm i guess sorc would be the most likely? or cabby? or warlock? depending if they have that stupid brittle guard that stops PA :(

Morchaoron

Fledgling Freddie
Zaitenko said:

well back in my time it was impossible for any class to beat me and my 59 buffed stallion ;o

but it was mostly the stallion who ate him then ^^

Zaitenko

Fledgling Freddie
Hehe that is obviously so! The Frost stallion was teh pwner in those pics in your sig ;)

Gamah

Banned
Darksword said:
hmm i guess sorc would be the most likely? or cabby? or warlock? depending if they have that stupid brittle guard that stops PA :(

Sorc < Chanter with jump

Cabby < Eld with jump

Warlock < Minstrel with stun if they have 0 resists or FZ if they are buffed and have resists :p This can be argued till the next blue moon, but my point is EVERYCLASS is overpowered in one situation or another.

A chanter is overpowered if he jumps me and baseline stuns then 4 shots me...but the same chanter is not overpowered when I jump him and kill him in 4 hits and 2 rounds of dd's...get my point?

Zaitenko

Fledgling Freddie
Gamah said:
but my point is EVERYCLASS is overpowered in one situation or another.

Which is another way of saying no class is :) (DO notice I'm almost citing The Incredibles here)

I agree with you gamah :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom