Politics US Election 2020

Who do you think will win the Presidential election of 2020?

• Donald Trump

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Joe Biden

Votes: 17 85.0%

• Total voters

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
America has the construction and weapons contracts. They don't much care about governance. If anything, a nice bit of war is fine.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
The Americans aren't funding and arming them. That's Pakistan and Russia.

That's the other side (lets call them baddies) the Americans are arming the 'goodies'

Cold war 2.0...but it's a little warmer.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
The Afghan government?

RT would say it's an American puppet, I guess we'll see after September 11th.

If ISIS managed to scare off the Iraqi army with funding just from Saudi Arabia, I'd hate to think what the Taliban will do with Russian and Pakistan backing.

Either way, the blame game aside, we're going back.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
ISIS is what ultimately happens when the US and Russia play sides over oil.

Gwadien

ISIS is what ultimately happens when the US and Russia play sides over oil.

I think you're wrong, but you're right from a previous post; cold war pt 2, it's not really about resources, it's about influence.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
RT would say it's an American puppet.
Well duh. RT is state-sponsored propaganda. For all its faults the Afghan government was elected by the people and wants the few American soldiers that remain to stay, so any comparison between it and the Taliban, a foreign-proxy-milita, is false equivalence.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
As opposed to a foreign-proxy-government? :)

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Well, just because someone is elected, does not mean it is either fair, democratic, or right. Especially when the previous lot have been removed via war and happened to be on the winning side of the biggest investor, both financially and politically.

Gwadien

Well duh. RT is state-sponsored propaganda. For all its faults the Afghan government was elected by the people and wants the few American soldiers that remain to stay, so any comparison between it and the Taliban, a foreign-proxy-milita, is false equivalence.

Point is we're entrenching further into cold war, with both sides giving seemingly legitimate explanations for their actions.

If you're saying that the Taliban is nothing but a proxy-backed organisation, then by your logic one of the reasons the US invaded Afghanistan was to remove Russian influence from Afghanistan which surely makes the US just as bad in this scenario?

Wij

I am a FH squatter
That was 2001. Back then the taliban was backed almost entirely by Pakistan and allowed Al Quaeda it’s own state in a state. It was also heavily censured by the UN.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber

Wij

I am a FH squatter
It won't really be meh when the Taliban take over and Afghan refugees are fleeing elsewhere for safety because thousands of those that remain are being executed and women and girls are having what little rights they have crushed.

Show a bit of empathy please.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
It won't really be meh when the Taliban take over and Afghan refugees are fleeing elsewhere for safety because thousands of those that remain are being executed and women and girls are having what little rights they have crushed.

Show a bit of empathy please.
It's not good, of course. But my disgust is spread wide.

In the 60's Afghanistan was a functioning country. We, as a country, don't give a shit about that, or doing the right thing, pretty much anywhere tbpfh.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Whether we have a moral duty as human beings to stop all the horrible bastards is up for discussion. What we have done is made things a lot worse because we underestimated the situation. It will revert to civil war again, and it will cross borders, which suits Russia and the US. Neither have to deal with refugees and both can spread influence and makes lots of money. Neither country really cares about the civilian cost.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Define 'a lot worse'.

From when the Taliban took full control until 2001 there were mass executions daily in Afghanistan and the Taliban allowed Al Qaeda to run training and operations from there. Women had no rights and men only had rights in so far as they agreed with everything the Taliban did. There was practically no running water or healthcare and food was scarce. The infant mortality rate was 4 times the average for developing countries.

I'd say that was pretty fucked already.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
And how have we changed that? It's certainly not much better and has spilled over into the entire region.

Afghanistan is a right bugger of a country to move around in and find the enemy, the Russians found out the hard way and so now have the US and allies.

Short of rounding up all the evil fucks and putting a bullet in the back of their head* there isn't a great deal we can do about it. The region is chock-full of religious loons. Even the moderates are completely bonkers.

*which doesn't work anyway, another fucker pops up almost immediately.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom