Politics US Election 2020

Who do you think will win the Presidential election of 2020?

• Donald Trump

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Joe Biden

Votes: 17 85.0%

• Total voters

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Didnt it last like 4mins and now offline?

Or was I watching the wrong thing?

9:04:02 AMThe Speaker announced that the House do now recess. The next meeting is subject to the call of the Chair.
CNN has just moved away from the stream.

Tay

Grumpy old fecker
I've repeatedly stated that I don't give a shit about Trump. I'm not that bothered by what happened at the Capitol building - I'm interested in the principles of free speech and who and what should be able to censor it.

I agree that it's absolutely arguable that the 1st amendment protection went away when trump allegedly "incited" - and that can be found out in the courts. I've been very clear on that Deebs but I think you're missing that point tbh. And I don't know what to do about that - I answered your question with a point of law and you responded with "but what about THIS" - well, I wasn't talking about that.

:)

This'll piss you off tho:

I refuse to acknowledge the labelling as "terrorists". Terrorism as a label became bullshit around 9/11 when the Bush administration redefined what terrorism meant - in order to "catch all". We argued on here at the time about what a despicable cunt Bush was - and how it was dangerous for people that America was unilaterally re-writing what was meant by "Terrorist" - ostensibly so they could tool around the world shooting people, but the worry was that they'd apply it to violent domestic protestors.

That's exactly what has happened - they were fucking violent protestors, pure and simple - we all know it. And in 2001 we'd have said exactly that - but 20 years later we've forgotten our outrage over that and in our hatred for Trump and his arseholes we've abandoned our principles.

Slowly but surely the state is eroding our freedoms. And we're happy for that to happen as long as we see people we don't like get hurt.

What those people did absolutely typifies the definition of terrorism.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
This is why big tech shouldn't have anything to do with what's publishable / sayable or not.

"May start donation's later" - when it's all blown over. Basically - they don't want their customers to think they back asshats in case it costs them money.

The same way Facebook and Twatter look after themselves and their profits first. All other considerations are secondary - and that's no basis for anything worthwhile.

Tay

Grumpy old fecker
So, things are likely to get very interesting for Parlor and its (ex)users.

Seems the backend archival systems were hacked (I used hacked, but from what I can glean security wasn't at the top fo the manifesto) and the data, all 80Tib's of it (well 99% so far) has been downloaded and is going to be made available to the feds/press/whomever is interested.

Apparently, it contains over a million videos/images that have not had geolocation information removed, so unless the originators of said images/videos removed it themselves there is going to be a few worried far right people out there when folks see exactly where the incriminating video was shot.

Oh, also, seems the coding was so bad that the backend API had no authentication at all, and all those messages that the would be gun toting revolutionaries deleted in a panic when it was closing didn't actually get deleted at all, the code was so bad it just marked the messages/content as deleted but the data remained and has been collected.

I cant wait for the IsMyNeighborADomesticTerrorist.com to be setup

edit: Apparently some of the data is up already..

100,000 url chunks..

On second thoughts, I think I might wait and let some redditor with so much time on their hands break it all down

Last edited:

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Marking content as deleted is quite normal

Hard deleting stuff these days is quite rare as storage is relatively cheap

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
WTF?

1610519465986.png

Is this not another threat?

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse

Because the big tech and media are twisting this whole story to reduce the rep party down to Trump and some crackpot rioters, everyones acting like the entire vote base has magically gone away, or is just a few hillbillies.
Trump had 88m followers when they banned him, half the country voted for him after the worst political year anyone could have.

It is civil war...not guns...maybe bombs, but the two halves are at war and one side is getting all the good press while the other is getting ignored or ridiculed.

Not a good recipe for peace.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
No Job, they are charging those that attacked the Capitol, it is not a crime to vote republican, it is however a crime to violently attack, well, anything. A bit of murdering doesn't go down well either.

And people like you need to be ridiculed if you can't understand facts. What else are people to do? The truth washes just washes off you.

Embattle

FH is my second home

Because the big tech and media are twisting this whole story to reduce the rep party down to Trump and some crackpot rioters, everyones acting like the entire vote base has magically gone away, or is just a few hillbillies.
Trump had 88m followers when they banned him, half the country voted for him after the worst political year anyone could have.

It is civil war...not guns...maybe bombs, but the two halves are at war and one side is getting all the good press while the other is getting ignored or ridiculed.

Not a good recipe for peace.

I would break down the factual inaccuracies with your post but what would be the point.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I would break down the factual inaccuracies with your post but what would be the point.
Exactly, I started writing a reply and then thought fuck it, you cannot educate the thick if they are too far gone.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
No, its because as soon as you started writing it you realised you had nothing to say outside of inventing an argument with yourself that I didnt propose.
Strawman I think is the popular description.

Anyway, it seems Merkel has had some influence on Twatter and now they defend! political free speech.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
What you posted is factually incorrect, it just is. There is no point explaining anything to you because you just wouldn't understand. It would be easier to explain it to my cat, and he is pretty dumb in the cat world anyway.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
No, its because as soon as you started writing it you realised you had nothing to say outside of inventing an argument with yourself that I didnt propose.
Strawman I think is the popular description.

Anyway, it seems Merkel has had some influence on Twatter and now they defend! political free speech.
You don't know what free speech is.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber

Motherfucker shoud have spent his entire life helping with the education and economic enfranchisement of the poor dumb fucks who fell for Trumps shit then - instead of spending his entire life voting for shit that made the rich richer and "fuck the poor" eh?

Maybe then the soil wouldn't be quite so fertile for dissent.

Edit: Don't get me wrong. On paper McGovern looks like an angel. But that description above is a description of Democrat achievement. In the end, both parties have done dick all to prevent where we are today. The only pissing contest left is which one failed bigger (Republicans, obvs) - but they both failed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom