US Classic server player returning to EU servers

Thrypfir

Fledgling Freddie
Gamah said:
PvP on Classic is carebear, you run a forced set-up or you are farmed by anyone runing a proper set up.
Wow,yet another "wannabee-hardcore pvp'er" who unrightfully uses the word "carebear" but has absolutely no clue at all what it means.
See what the guy said 50 ds runs to get templated lol, FIFTY. Took me 20 but jesus christ it was boring. TOA added a new dimention to RvR one that clearly our OP couldn't handle so ran to Classic.
on contrary to some ppl,I did not enjoy being able to nuke the living shit out of enemies with extreme speed and dps that it was imbalanced.
there are few things I liked about Toa (power font,cure NS,..) and tons of things I hated.it seperated the hardcore community vs the casual community even more.if you couldnt invest xx hrs and had xx players at your disposal to get xx artifacts,abilities and ML's then you where way behind the hardcore players.
Classic gets boring fast, you cant live without the little toys toa provided once you are used to them and I found daoc PvP without TOA dull and boring. Good luck on "Classic
thats your opinion,and your entitled to it.
but when I started playing classic and had some great 8v8 fights I felt the joy of daoc's rvr once and again,Toa got boring real fast and impacted rvr way to much ~

Always played US servers, returned too lamorak classic recently and formed RvR guild and its been fun. Lots of good 8man action.

With many of the EU guilds on classic returning to EU soon (cccp, tbc etc.) I'm kinda fed up of missing out on peak action so will roll a char on Euro classic to try.

Few things always bugged me about Euro servers...

Where on earth are the ranking tables such as camelot herald for EU servers?
And where are the server and class forums for euro daoc..Is this the only forum for EU daoc.

Anyone know what classic server/realm the 8man's will be rolling for EU, i hear cccp tbc and some toehrs going german server, but im hoping some roll an english server..
Own <3
The same reasons why you are leaving US lamorak is why i'm leaving them also.After my EU guild on lamorak went inactive (eventhough we only ran together as a 8man for about a week :/) due to some ppl having RL issues,and due to other ppl getting tired of missing out on all the action (lamorak became dead during offpeak hours..) I rerolled gareth and hoped to find more EU guilds..allas,most EU's on gareth play alb ^^

I'm also tired of playing offpeak hours for most ppl,and thus not being able to play with US guilds,considering the very sheer amount of EU guilds on classic nowadays..its bad ^^

I hope NP/NS/DH (the core,not the 12545 followers who shouldnt ever have made it into that guild) and some other EU guilds roll on classic servers :)

Gamah

Banned
Lol who the fuck are you? I mean really, You don't know euro players yet you act like your eliter than everyone because you couldn't handle TOA abilities, stay the fuck in the US, it suits you.

Waaa everyone that plays TOA servers loves the PvE, Waaa casters are overpowered, waaaa ml9 pets, waaaa im some rr6 who thinks he is the best thing since sliced bread..Good way of introducing yourself to the community btw, as an arrogant twat.

Farbaute2

Fledgling Freddie
One point also with the pve, as i see it, is to show yourself worthy of the friendship of the player community. It is the players chance to show that he helps as much as he ask for help. The way a new player acts his first time is how we as older players will act towards him during the time we will play together later in rvr, if we will do that. I gladly help those that deserve it. pve and items is not real in this game, what is real is the people who plays it, and im more then happy to help nice people with pve and toa stuff.

Dracus

Fledgling Freddie
Gamah said:
Lol who the fuck are you? I mean really, You don't know euro players yet you act like your eliter than everyone because you couldn't handle TOA abilities, stay the fuck in the US, it suits you.

Waaa everyone that plays TOA servers loves the PvE, Waaa casters are overpowered, waaaa ml9 pets, waaaa im some rr6 who thinks he is the best thing since sliced bread..Good way of introducing yourself to the community btw, as an arrogant twat.

agreed :p what a way to introduce oneself to the EU servers ;) he shall be forever remembered!(or forgotten in a few days)

/Dracus

Sendraks

Fledgling Freddie
Gamah said:
Good way of introducing yourself to the community btw, as an arrogant twat.

Lol, your post doesn't make you out to be any better.

Arrogant and abusive. Nice one.

Gamah

Banned
I am an arrogat twat...takes one to know one as they say :D

However I am not making first impressions on a new community. When I first joined barrysworld my arse smelled of roses.

Dorimor1

Banned
20 or 30 DS raids is about 5x as boring as ToAing a char and with 1.81 coming up "classic" servers will not be the 'easymode' that everyone seems to think they are.

Lets get the facts straight here, lets say the current servers are running 1.81, as you no longer need the artifact to activate it, you could probably do all the encounters in one day, providing they are up. Most rare scrolls can be farmed in ~5 hours and ta da you have your artifact. To get decent gear on the "classic" you need 20 to 30 DS runs, as you say, this would average at around 25 hours and considering it will be the same each run, it can get boring fast, yes, ToA isn't as good as the olde days but it is only time consuming, not exactly hard.

ToA added alot of challenge to the game, and in a MMORPG game, if you don't work for your char, you don't get the full benefit. It also made the game more interesting, a massive haul of new abilities and items made RvR much more unpredictable if you like.

bottler

Fledgling Freddie
Dorimor1 said:
20 or 30 DS raids is about 5x as boring as ToAing a char and with 1.81 coming up "classic" servers will not be the 'easymode' that everyone seems to think they are.

Lets get the facts straight here, lets say the current servers are running 1.81, as you no longer need the artifact to activate it, you could probably do all the encounters in one day, providing they are up. Most rare scrolls can be farmed in ~5 hours and ta da you have your artifact. To get decent gear on the "classic" you need 20 to 30 DS runs, as you say, this would average at around 25 hours and considering it will be the same each run, it can get boring fast, yes, ToA isn't as good as the olde days but it is only time consuming, not exactly hard.

ToA added alot of challenge to the game, and in a MMORPG game, if you don't work for your char, you don't get the full benefit. It also made the game more interesting, a massive haul of new abilities and items made RvR much more unpredictable if you like.

and alot of overpowernes.

quit funny why is the pop so low then? compared to pre ToA?

and besides, i think its good that buffbots has being removed from the game and the /level 20 commands wich mean more low level groups..

Dallas

Fledgling Freddie
well, a darkspire run can be done at 45-60 mins.. if whole grp is focused and run it as fast as poss.. after 3+ runs.. you wont have that :p afks etc etc, its horror show, atleast toa gave you some different stuff to do depending on what you did.. here you just farm all the shit you need, till you realise your missing dex rings and bracers, and farm the shit out of that mob.. over.. and over...

not to mention just doing 1-50 is enough to make your eyes pop out..

Sendraks

Fledgling Freddie
Gamah said:
I am an arrogat twat...takes one to know one as they say :D

Hehe, well thats true enough. I'm not about to deny something about myself that is self evident.:D

Deepflame

Fledgling Freddie
bottler said:
quit funny why is the pop so low then? compared to pre ToA?
Because all games eventually die, no matter how cool they are.

Thrypfir

Fledgling Freddie
Gamah said:

please keep your ignorant opinions seperated from facts and reality
you have a problem with that it seems.

either that,or you havent read a work I wrote here.

I know nothing of EU players?Right,I know shit of what happened post ToA as I left the servers back then,but I still know most remarkable stuff that happened pre toa and the guild accompanied with it. (eclipse,public enemies,nolby pride,maelstrom,forgotten legends,to name a few)

and NP/Natural Selection (mael reformed?) and Dem hibbies DID play on lamorak.so yeah,I think I know wtf is happening.

go back to your pretty I win toa abilities,cause frankly you cant seem to handle the idea of having to fight without that overpowered crap..

guess what,not everyone wants to invest 1587454 pve hours before he can get to PvP.

Dwali

Can't get enough of FH
classic will be vamp and Whorelock zergs i belive...most ppl will roll them...atleast vamps since u don´t need a bb to compete with a vamp...i myself is going to Classic becuase most of my m8s are and some old player m8s also...since No toa u don´t have to worry about having a fully bufft ml9 pet kicking your ass while u try to get away....givf classic now instead...mythic shouldent even have released ToA in the first place

Behmoth

Fledgling Freddie
Thrypfir said:
DAoC is for me a RvR game with a crap PvE gameplay
I've enjoyed daoc since it was released,throughout SI till ToA came and ruined some fun cause I had to grind way to much to enjoy it.
ive enjoyed RvR since the beginning also,though ToA unbalanced certain aspects of RvR which made it no fun..
and no,there are no other alternative games atm
why would I go play a different game if I like Daoc's rvr?why should I go play shadowbane if I want to do 8v8 in daoc?
Please explain,I fail to see your point

because doac isn't just about rvr ,not 8Vs8, you still have to get crafted and DS gear on classics '(which are no where near a "classic" server). you just seem to want insta overpowered alts imo, which i think why the other people suggested alternative games.
i don't hate rvr but for me i like the community of my guild and doing pve raids (which isn't just mindless zerg) and rvr when i am in the mood for it so saying the game is all about rvr is wrong

Garok

Can't get enough of FH
Thrypfir said:
please keep your ignorant opinions seperated from facts and reality
you have a problem with that it seems.

either that,or you havent read a work I wrote here.

I know nothing of EU players?Right,I know shit of what happened post ToA as I left the servers back then,but I still know most remarkable stuff that happened pre toa and the guild accompanied with it. (eclipse,public enemies,nolby pride,maelstrom,forgotten legends,to name a few)

and NP/Natural Selection (mael reformed?) and Dem hibbies DID play on lamorak.so yeah,I think I know wtf is happening.

go back to your pretty I win toa abilities,cause frankly you cant seem to handle the idea of having to fight without that overpowered crap..

guess what,not everyone wants to invest 1587454 pve hours before he can get to PvP.

Let me guess your Thug's Son ?? ~~

A lot of the people in the guilds you mention above went off to play WoW on PvE or PvP servers probably for a new challange. If you read the classic server threds most of the people who are high RR and in set groups wont be moveing accross because infact they enjoy the fact that ToA gives them more offensive options and more counters requireing more skill for FG vs FG (cure NS and cure group disease etc). Yes ToA has alot of stuff that fucked up solo PvP but thats not what the majority of these people played.

Behmoth

Fledgling Freddie
Deepfried said:
if classic in us is dying how come i logged on at midnightlast night and there was 694 albs online on gareth server

because all the yanks are on at prime time ? between 4-7 that could be why?

Thrypfir

Fledgling Freddie
Thrypfir said:
I wanted to add to this:
Ive been there and done it before,and not willing to do it again ~
because doac isn't just about rvr ,not 8Vs8, you still have
something wrong there:
I thought I said that toa gave the Iwin buttons and abilities,and not classic stuff?I enjoy rvr alot more on classic without the toa crap,kthx

and no I dont want to ding 50 instantly
I dont get wtf is wrong with ppl over here..It seems to you that I'm the first person ever to suggest that ToA is a bad expansion?where have all the other players (or atleast the community as how I remember it ~) gone?Ever since I left DAoC and mentioned the game on other forums and with other ppl,Many many ppl have stated their same dislikes to toa,just like me.
MANY ppl hated toa,nothing to be so angry about it.deal with it,even Mythic admitted with releasing classic and nerfing toa that it had f*cked up with this expansion.

Seems some of you guys who keep defending toa and keep saying I need to go play different games should take your own advice and maybe open their eyes abit.I'm certainly not the first,neither the last who had a bad grin of toa.
the success of Classic is certainly a proof of that.

I'm not saying that ToA was 100% horrible,but most of its content was.Toa is a expansion that should have been aborted at birth.

because all the yanks are on at prime time ? between 4-7 that could be why?

still 2000+ on gareth at US primetime..I wouldnt call that a dead server.
anyone who believes classic servers are dead needs to buy a clue and stop following the bandwagons..classic servers are certainly not dead.
yes there are less ppl on than the first months..pretty normal imo

A lot of the people in the guilds you mention above went off to play WoW on PvE or PvP servers probably for a new challange. If you read the classic server threds most of the people who are high RR and in set groups wont be moveing accross because infact they enjoy the fact that ToA gives them more offensive options and more counters requireing more skill for FG vs FG (cure NS and cure group disease etc). Yes ToA has alot of stuff that fucked up solo PvP
that may be true for EU guilds,but that certainly isnt for the majority of the guilds accros the world.
almost every decent GG in the history of DAoC played on lamorak..

and ToA barely adds more skill for 8v8
I think its been stated before,most GG's on lamorak and gareth find that 8v8 on classic is alot more fun then on Toa servers.

edit:wow seems hell broke loose and the wrath of some ppl here came upon me for mentioning I hated ToA..
seriously..wth has so many people been saying ever since ToA came out?

w/e seems holding a reasonable discussion on this forum isnt possible nomore.
too many toa fanbois imo ~

/close -

Celestino

Fledgling Freddie
Oh my god, what a load of bs in here...

First of all I do like ToA, as it provided not only challenging pve encounters (if u don't zerg it that is) but also gave the pvp a whole new dimension, more abilities to consinder etc and it finally made template building important (pre toa a lot of classes could easily cap out everything with mp armor so all the templates were identical in stats)
Some of the ML abilities might be out of line for pvp (ml9 convoker) but they are in no way "i win" abilities in grp play...

Artefacts are easy to get, even stuff like EC is doable by 2-3 ppl if they know what they do and got the right chars which can be leveled in no time
Classic takes the xx ppl at your disposal for running instance raids, not toa...
But i guess you wouldn't know since u said that u left daoc a while ago, but thanks for sharing your opinion.

The classic servers are one thing in particular: New. As with all new things ppl want to check it out and don't forget beeing able to start all over again at level 1 with all the others...
Thats why you got a lot of guilds and ppl there, just look at the history of the pvp servers, they were as full as classic servers are now but u don't get killed while lvling on classics so it might take a while till the population becomes stable...
Especially with the upcoming toa changes i doubt that the number of 2000 ppl primetime you mentioned holds for too long

Holding "reasonable" discussions on this forum might be kinda impossible, especially if you keep thinking u are reasonable yourself.
"Most GGs on lamorak and gareth find that 8v8 on classic is a lot more fun than on toa servers." Most of the population of America finds that living in America is way better than living in Europe. You call that reasonable ?
Guess what, those GGs play lamorak for that reason but that doesn't mean their opinion is the one and only truth...

Toa might be one of the most discussed expansions out there, but don't think everyone hates it just coz you do ...

Btw you may call me a toa fanboy or whatever makes ur argumentation more potent...

Elitestoner

Can't get enough of FH
Thrypfir said:

yeah cos every char in the game has a iwin toa ability.. :|

Gamah

Banned
Thrypfir said:

Apart from the fact I played on lamorak with a berserker for 4 months :p?

Snert

Fledgling Freddie
i'm going to try the classic servers cause i just got back to daoc, to find that am worth sh!t, i don't have any artifacts, no ML, no decent items (not even crafted), no rr, no buffbot, no 2nd account that can help me solo encounters and stuff...

the only thing i'm afraid of is that there won't be many players on the classic servers in a few months, as the english-speaking community is small as it is already...

but i hope i'm wrong and the classic servers will be a success...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom