US Classic server player returning to EU servers

Thrypfir

Fledgling Freddie
hey
I recently returned to daoc after I left with ToA,and played on the US classic servers.first lamorak then rerolled gareth after almost 2 months since thats what most guilds did (gareth is still alive and breathing)
unfortunatly most guilds over there (especialy 8mans) are from US so its not easy for a EU player to get good grps/guilds ^^

hence why i'm returning to EU servers..namely the EU classic servers

while reading this forums it seems to many ppl are against em..I dont understand why this is.

No ToA:speedwarp,ML's,overpowered casters,ML9 pets,and tons of other CRAP that ruined RvR.

I tell you,RvR on classic is different then RvR on toa in many ways.
most powerful grps are other tank grps (recent det5 changes made it so) with a few exceptions of good alb/hib caster grps

the only pain still is getting templated,this means about 20-30ish DS runs.
but you can do like 3-4 on a day,they varry between 50 minutes to 2hrs depending on a grp.

on a new released server you will have 15787544442 ppl wanting to do DS,so you can be sure that you'll find grps easely :x

I just dont see why so many ppl up to this day still enjoy ToA..even with the new changes its still a PvE pita grind that only resulsts in overpowered abilities and classes..

Never ToA'ing again ~

btw:I heard they will be released in december,is it true?

Kaun_IA

Fledgling Freddie
yes its true. they are planning to set up classic servers on the irst week of december.

still i dont like them........well thats just me. got 3 fully toad chars, now why would i wanna throw away that time and effort i have allredy made.

Thrypfir

Fledgling Freddie
ToA is soo bleh..
I dont understand how ppl can still enjoy their easymode ML's,artifacts and other abilities

btw,what guilds Eu guilds are rolling on classic?

Maelstrom (natural selection),Nolby Pride,Dem Hibbies,CCCP etc all played on lamorak,not sure how many of those are going to play on the EU classic server ^^

Deepflame

Fledgling Freddie
Thrypfir said:
ToA is soo bleh..
I dont understand how ppl can still enjoy their easymode ML's,artifacts and other abilities
Have you ever REALLY tried TOA properly without prejudice?

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
TOA with the patch Mythic are testing > Classic by a huge margin.

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
Thrypfir said:
hey
I recently returned to daoc after I left with ToA,and played on the US classic servers.first lamorak then rerolled gareth after almost 2 months since thats what most guilds did (gareth is still alive and breathing)
unfortunatly most guilds over there (especialy 8mans) are from US so its not easy for a EU player to get good grps/guilds ^^

hence why i'm returning to EU servers..namely the EU classic servers

while reading this forums it seems to many ppl are against em..I dont understand why this is.

No ToA:speedwarp,ML's,overpowered casters,ML9 pets,and tons of other CRAP that ruined RvR.

most powerful grps are other tank grps (recent det5 changes made it so) with a few exceptions of good alb/hib caster grps

the only pain still is getting templated,this means about 20-30ish DS runs.
but you can do like 3-4 on a day,they varry between 50 minutes to 2hrs depending on a grp.

on a new released server you will have 15787544442 ppl wanting to do DS,so you can be sure that you'll find grps easely :x

I just dont see why so many ppl up to this day still enjoy ToA..even with the new changes its still a PvE pita grind that only resulsts in overpowered abilities and classes..

Never ToA'ing again ~

btw:I heard they will be released in december,is it true?

So basically you don't like TOA as it requires more effort.

Just play Counterstrike mate.

Sendraks

Fledgling Freddie
Kami said:

ToA just added another degree of effort (albeit a silly one that really only reward the hardcore/dedicated players) to the game, above that already found in SI/Classic zones.

Saying that someone should go play counterstrike because they don't want to play ToA, makes about as much sense as saying the same thing to someone who doesn't want to do SI over classic, or indeed any other element of the game.

In short you're saying everyone who enjoyed the game pre-ToA but didn't like afterwards should be playing counterstrike, because obviously they didn't sign up to play an MMORPG with PvE content, items to find and character levelling to 50. Clearly none of that existed in the game pre-Toa, so clearly the original game was, in fact, Dark Age of Counterstrike?

Do you now see how daft your comment is?

Thrypfir

Fledgling Freddie
Kami said:

listen

I play mmo's for PvP,and not for carebear PvE fest
if I want to spend my eve killing the same mobs over and over again with no challenge or exitement,i'll go play EQ or WoW..
hell i'll go play single players game

I hate toa,and many others hate Toa for the same reasons as me.
if you dont see that,then your a blind and obnoxious fanboi who needs to open his eyes and realize that some ppl liked Daoc alot more without the toa crap.

absolutely not
ML's,ML9 pets ^^,artifact abilities,spell piercing and other stuff that made casters overpowered,that and all other Toa crap imbalanced RvR and made it to turn out into a "Grind PvE fest before I can compete in RvR"

Darkspire is pretty though also on classic,but not nearly as bad as toa is

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
Thrypfir said:
listen

I play mmo's for PvP,and not for carebear PvE fest

hell i'll go play single players game

I hate toa,and many others hate Toa for the same reasons as me.
if you dont see that,then your a blind and obnoxious fanboi who needs to open his eyes and realize that some ppl liked Daoc alot more without the toa crap.

absolutely not
ML's,ML9 pets ^^,artifact abilities,spell piercing and other stuff that made casters overpowered,that and all other Toa crap imbalanced RvR and made it to turn out into a "Grind PvE fest before I can compete in RvR"

You really would be happier playing Quake Team Deathmatch if this is your attitude, to be honest.

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
Sendraks said:
ToA just added another degree of effort (albeit a silly one that really only reward the hardcore/dedicated players) to the game, above that already found in SI/Classic zones.

Saying that someone should go play counterstrike because they don't want to play ToA, makes about as much sense as saying the same thing to someone who doesn't want to do SI over classic, or indeed any other element of the game.

In short you're saying everyone who enjoyed the game pre-ToA but didn't like afterwards should be playing counterstrike, because obviously they didn't sign up to play an MMORPG with PvE content, items to find and character levelling to 50. Clearly none of that existed in the game pre-Toa, so clearly the original game was, in fact, Dark Age of Counterstrike?

Do you now see how daft your comment is?
No actually it's still a good comment, yours is utterly retarded though. In no way did I suggest any of that. What I did say what that HIS comments made me think he didnt want the grind, which oddly enough is exactly what he confirmed later on in the thread. So I think I've been proven right. Thanks!

This is a roleplay game which has a PVE element, playing them game then whinging about it is utterly retarded. There are alternative games around that he'd be far happier playing. Again this is my OPINION, which I'm entitled too. Cheers :p

Svartmetall said:
You really would be happier playing Quake Team Deathmatch if this is your attitude, to be honest.
Exactly why I suggested Counterstrike. :worthy:

Thrypfir

Fledgling Freddie
Svartmetall said:
wow pls explain

so cause I enjoy daoc's RvR,and hates its PvE and utter crap ToA grind I need to go play a different game?

maybe you need to remove those thick glasses and buy a clue..

kthx

edit: wtf is up with this?why so many toa fanboys thinking all they say is right so other ppl should just fu*k off and go play CS?
Buy a clue pls,many ppl hated ToA,and ABSOLUTELY nothing wrong with that.
if you cant handle that some ppl actualy like daoc's rvr more then its pve,then go play gaheris for christ sake..

--
This is a roleplay game which has a PVE element, playing them game then whinging about it is utterly retarded. There are alternative games around that he'd be far happier playing. Again this is my OPINION, which I'm entitled too. Cheers---
again..wtf?
DAoC is for me a RvR game with a crap PvE gameplay
I've enjoyed daoc since it was released,throughout SI till ToA came and ruined some fun cause I had to grind way to much to enjoy it.
ive enjoyed RvR since the beginning also,though ToA unbalanced certain aspects of RvR which made it no fun..
and no,there are no other alternative games atm
why would I go play a different game if I like Daoc's rvr?why should I go play shadowbane if I want to do 8v8 in daoc?
Please explain,I fail to see your point

Cruhar

Fledgling Freddie
Thrypfir said:

Thrypfir said:

Without knowing I would bet my money that you had a melee-char before you rerolled?

I too, dislike some of the TOA stuff, like casters doing 800ish damage in 1.2 sec, whereof as a healer I can only heal about 600ish in 1.5 sec.
True I have my instants and DI to help me, but it doesnt cut it...

I will run oop before the casters does, if I try to heal the same amount as they do damage.

Tho only thing I see different on classic vs regular is that you replaced casters with melee.

to re-quote:
Thrypfir said:

Well...
Most powerful groups are other caster-groups
with a few exceptions of good mid/hib melee groups

would be my saying for you on classic....

That still doesnt change the fact that I will be trying out the classic servers, but not because I dont have to toa, but because I want to play a 3rd realm :)

Tristessa

One of Freddy's beloved
I just love the Counterstrike comments just because people prefer RvR a hell of alot more than ToA... Seriously, anyone who thinks those kind of comments are valid are probably the ones that need to follow their own advice.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a PvE peep too. I go to RvR every once in a blue moon, but at least most peeps, myself included, acknowledge that the RvR system is the main element that has held this game alive for all this time.

If every person that prefered RvR over ToA left to play Counterstrike, guess what... Whether you want to acknowledge this or not, the servers would die an instant death with only the tiniest percentage of players left. Sure PvE is fun but it's hardly DAOC's selling point. Personally I wish that everything that had to do with PvE was strictly aimed for just that from the beginning of the game i.e. PvE only bonuses on Catacombs items etc. But it isn't... Because once you've leveled your chars (assuming you're not interested in making another), MLed them, ToAed them etc etc there's only one thing left to do, to prgress your character...

So to cut a long story short,
Hoorah for classic servers having catacombs since I actually enjoy that expansion and it's areas :)

Gamah

Banned
PvP on Classic is carebear, you run a forced set-up or you are farmed by anyone runing a proper set up.

See what the guy said 50 ds runs to get templated lol, FIFTY. Took me 20 but jesus christ it was boring. TOA added a new dimention to RvR one that clearly our OP couldn't handle so ran to Classic.

Classic gets boring fast, you cant live without the little toys toa provided once you are used to them and I found daoc PvP without TOA dull and boring. Good luck on "Classic"

Gazon

Fledgling Freddie
US Classic servers are already dead or dying.
With the lower pop over here EU will be even worse.
I'm not wasting any time on them.

Thrypfir

Fledgling Freddie
Cruhar said:
Without knowing I would bet my money that you had a melee-char before you rerolled?

I too, dislike some of the TOA stuff, like casters doing 800ish damage in 1.2 sec, whereof as a healer I can only heal about 600ish in 1.5 sec.
True I have my instants and DI to help me, but it doesnt cut it...

I will run oop before the casters does, if I try to heal the same amount as they do damage.

Tho only thing I see different on classic vs regular is that you replaced casters with melee.
I actualy spend my majority of playtime in daoc as a caster or cc'er (like bard) so no..
to re-quote:

Well...
Most powerful groups are other caster-groups
with a few exceptions of good mid/hib melee groups

would be my saying for you on classic....

That still doesnt change the fact that I will be trying out the classic servers, but not because I dont have to toa, but because I want to play a 3rd realm :)
on classic both tank and caster grps are viable imo
caster grps are a bit harder and didnt rise to the surface till DR was released,pre-DR there where few succesful caster grps on lamo,but after DR, good alb/hib caster grps raped on gareth.

I think its a matter of preference.

US Classic servers are already dead or dying.
^^
so wrong...

Kalidur

Fledgling Freddie
The only thing good i can see now about classic is the BG's. No Buffed stealthers running around easy mode any more.

Classic + DR + New epic armour + champions weapons isnt gonna be that far off a TOA template.

Deepfried

One of Freddy's beloved
if classic in us is dying how come i logged on at midnightlast night and there was 694 albs online on gareth server

Sendraks

Fledgling Freddie
Kami said:
No actually it's still a good comment, yours is utterly retarded though.

Thats pretty much not the case. Your comment is not certainly good, but pretty poorly thought out and well, childish. If name calling is the best you can resort to in response, then its pretty clear you have no argument to back it up with. Well done.

Kami said:
In no way did I suggest any of that.

Whether you suggested it or not, its the inherent implication in what you posted. Again, you may not have intended that, but never-the-less, it is the inherent and logical extention of what you said.

Kami said:
What I did say what that HIS comments made me think he didnt want the grind, which oddly enough is exactly what he confirmed later on in the thread. So I think I've been proven right. Thanks!

No argument there at all. His later comments did prove you utterly correct, however I lack the ability to see into the future so could only post on what was available at the time. Oh woe is me and my lack of prescience.

Kami said:
This is a roleplay game which has a PVE element, playing them game then whinging about it is utterly retarded.

Whinging about one aspect of the PvE element, which he was doing before he clarified his point, isn't retarded.

Kami said:
There are alternative games around that he'd be far happier playing. Again this is my OPINION, which I'm entitled too. Cheers :p

Guess, what, I'm entitled to my OPINION too and on the basis of your response and his original post, I'd wager my opinion had more validity than yours.

In the light of recent posts, yes you are correct, it does seem that counterstrike would be more his thing.

However, suggesting that someone should go play counterstrike just on the basis of not liking or wanting to do ToA (as per your original post in this thread) is still daft. The argument is only born out by later posts, which is lucky, but hardly the best way to make a point.

Cruhar

Fledgling Freddie
Thrypfir said:
I actualy spend my majority of playtime in daoc as a caster or cc'er (like bard) so no..

I stand corrected then, but it was a valid shot ;-)

Thrypfir said:
on classic both tank and caster grps are viable imo
caster grps are a bit harder and didnt rise to the surface till DR was released,pre-DR there where few succesful caster grps on lamo,but after DR, good alb/hib caster grps raped on gareth.

I think its a matter of preference.

I guess thats because the champion weapons add a dash of TOA to the game with the cast-speed, powerpool, stats cap etc.

Most of this is found in Cata too I presume, havent been there much as I havent seen the need... (Dont like the GFX, so I would get borred fast, but hey, I still need to attent a DS raid, so I can see for myself)

Tafaya Anathas

Fledgling Freddie
Kami said:

Maybe yes, but when will 1.81 will be implemented in EU? We are not even know any ETA on DR.

And about the daoc - cs relationship, I prefer cs to toa. 1.81 will be a huge improvement tho.

O

OwnRvR

Always played US servers, returned too lamorak classic recently and formed RvR guild and its been fun. Lots of good 8man action.

With many of the EU guilds on classic returning to EU soon (cccp, tbc etc.) I'm kinda fed up of missing out on peak action so will roll a char on Euro classic to try.

Few things always bugged me about Euro servers...

Where on earth are the ranking tables such as camelot herald for EU servers?
And where are the server and class forums for euro daoc..Is this the only forum for EU daoc.

Anyone know what classic server/realm the 8man's will be rolling for EU, i hear cccp tbc and some toehrs going german server, but im hoping some roll an english server..

Deepflame

Fledgling Freddie
OwnRvR said:
Where on earth are the ranking tables such as camelot herald for EU servers?
Been down for ages. No ETA for fix known.

OwnRvR said:
And where are the server and class forums for euro daoc..Is this the only forum for EU daoc.
Don't exist, FH is the best thing we got.

OwnRvR said:
Anyone know what classic server/realm the 8man's will be rolling for EU, i hear cccp tbc and some toehrs going german server, but im hoping some roll an english server..
Dunno. :)

Chronictank

FH is my second home
as gamah said
sorry but no :p
i dont think i could play without the toa tweaks anymore, the game is plain boring

OwnRvR said:
return of the tank grps i suspect, remember we still have the NF RA's so Det 5 tanks etc

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
Deepfried said:
if classic in us is dying how come i logged on at midnightlast night and there was 694 albs online on gareth server

Because a month or two back there was >1,500 on it at the same time?

UndyingAngel

Can't get enough of FH
Chronictank said:
as gamah said
sorry but no :p
i dont think i could play without the toa tweaks anymore, the game is plain boring

return of the tank grps i suspect, remember we still have the NF RA's so Det 5 tanks etc

gamah just quit cuase he was htting someone fully buffed in what was serposted to be a finished tempalte for 67dmg main hand on his zerker

Gamah

Banned
lol, first of all you got the hand wrong pie boy..seconf od all hitting someone OFFHAND unstyled for "67" dmg with 60% haste is not LOL, I don't really care what a member of lords of England claims to have seen anyway xD

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom