US address?

J

Jiggs

apparently we'll need a US postal address to register with Play Online.

tho reports say its not important and you can get by using any address (something like a shop is good) its still a little concerning =)

planning on finding a US friend for this myself =)

O

old.tRoG

Just use the address of a North American company.

3 seconds of googling found this.

E

ECA

Link to report jiggs?

Hopefully it wont have to match the CC address, if it does we're f00ked :/

*rings american friends*

J

Jiggs

no it doesnt have to match the CC address

i dont want to give a link since i'm not sure what they discuss there is entirely legal :D

but look around ffxionline forums and theres a few threads about it :p

N

-Nxs-

Yup if it has to match the CC then were not gona be able to play :(

N

-Nxs-

Originally posted by Jiggs
sheeeeeeeeeeeeesh

NO IT DOESNT have to =)

yeah ok great but loose the caps ! check the post time of mine and your previous post - exactly the same

K

Krazeh

Just make it up, there's no way they can check. Hell i've seen forum threads with emails from square which pretty much say "we don't care where you are but you have to use a US address cos that's what the game is programmed to accept".

And anyway ppl who imported the jap version have been playin with fake addresses for ages

O

old.tRoG

I imagine all they'd be checking is the correct zip number.

O

old.tRoG

We really should stop churning the rumour mill, and wait till the game's actually released :)

But then, Tuesday (Or Friday, when I presume I'll get the game) is so long away :(

R

ravz

imho stop worrying :) always meet sum1 in an american chat room and ask their address :p or we all just use same american shop one, they wont notice the difference ;o)

Peace Out.

C

Cyfr

Originally posted by ravz
imho stop worrying :) always meet sum1 in an american chat room and ask their address :p or we all just use same american shop one, they wont notice the difference ;o)

Peace Out.

and promptly appear on the next aol.com pedofile advert ;)

L

Lamia Acerbus

It is nice to find a UK peeps who will be playing FFXI as I have been searching for relase dates for the UK and have completey given up, especialy as I have seen FFX-2 get put back to Febuary 2004...so ther eis no hope for FFXI.

Anyway...was just wondering if anyone had managed to get the game yet and is able to tear themselves away from it to answer a couple of questions.

Have you had any trouble signing up and does it play well, as in is there any lag? :)

Really looking forward to this game and have been for almost a year now and I am going to go and order it today! Got to love imports!!

S

spathi

tbh, square want to make as much money out of this as possible so i am sure they wont make a big fuss out of this.

L

Lamia Acerbus

I know...and I have heard lots say that any address will do, just wanted to make sure that was the case and they have not suddenly gone and changed it in the US release just to annoy us europeans even more! :)

N

-Nxs-

Talked to a few people after they had paid last night - can confirm the 100% that any USA address will work.

L

Lamia Acerbus

*cheers* Thanks for the update, just have to wait a few more days now...and I can see my little necro in eq taking a back seat. Just got 65 a few days ago after a year and a half of running aorund at the weekends and teasing halfing rodents too! *grins evily*

N

-Nxs-

Used to have some EQ players at work, one has now given up MMORPGS after moving to SWG and realising it was crap :)

The other is on planetside.

L

Lamia Acerbus

I have to agree....SWG has some good points and could be a good game, it just has a lot of flaws which out weigh the good points. That and it never stayed working more than 2 mins half the time!! :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom