upgradeing my main PC!

Kaun_IA

Fledgling Freddie
this was allso suggested to me by m8s.

MSI Socket 939 K8N NEO2 FX.

it doest have have pci-e in, pure agp card. same price range as the one i chose.
it has nforce 3 in it.

http://www.msi.com.tw/program/products/mainboard/mbd/pro_mbd_detail.php?UID=649

i allso thought about useing nforce 4 mobo, but couldnt find eny that had agp and was in my price range. allso i got told that ASRock isnt that reliable :(

Kaun_IA

Fledgling Freddie
Epox Socket 939 EP-9NDA3I
nForce3 250, 1600FSB/8xAGP/5xPCI/4xDUAL DDR400, 2xATA133/2xSATA, 8-ch sound, LAN, ATX

allso i saw this, but nforce 3 250 chip... is there eny gain whit 250 or whitout it?

Yeke

Fledgling Freddie
Kaun_IA said:
this was allso suggested to me by m8s.

MSI Socket 939 K8N NEO2 FX.

it doest have have pci-e in, pure agp card. same price range as the one i chose.
it has nforce 3 in it.

http://www.msi.com.tw/program/products/mainboard/mbd/pro_mbd_detail.php?UID=649

i allso thought about useing nforce 4 mobo, but couldnt find eny that had agp and was in my price range. allso i got told that ASRock isnt that reliable :(

Still think for someone whith the requirements you have and the budget you have the asrock board is your best course of action, it is a budget board it isn't the best overclockers board by any means (you WILL have to flash the bios to get ANY overclocking potential from it) take a read through this thread http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=17457881 (long read 48 pages but should give an unbiased opinion of the board on the whole) you will see quite a lot of ppl rate this board highly for what it is the main disapointment for most is the low overclocking potential although with some effort decent overclocks can be achieved.

I really cant see the point in upgrading your motherboard only to be restricted to an agp gfx card for future upgrades basically when you want to upgrade your gfx card you will be pretty hard pressed to gain as much from it with an agp card as you would with a pci-e card.

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
Kaun_IA said:
MSI Socket 939 K8N NEO2 FX

probably the best agp board around, what i was gonna go for in my upgrade but have decided to wait for socket M now ;)

avoid noname mobo's imo! (especially if u can get a named/well reviewed board for about the same price)

Kaun_IA

Fledgling Freddie
Yeke said:
Still think for someone whith the requirements you have and the budget you have the asrock board is your best course of action, it is a budget board it isn't the best overclockers board by any means (you WILL have to flash the bios to get ANY overclocking potential from it) take a read through this thread http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=17457881 (long read 48 pages but should give an unbiased opinion of the board on the whole) you will see quite a lot of ppl rate this board highly for what it is the main disapointment for most is the low overclocking potential although with some effort decent overclocks can be achieved.

I really cant see the point in upgrading your motherboard only to be restricted to an agp gfx card for future upgrades basically when you want to upgrade your gfx card you will be pretty hard pressed to gain as much from it with an agp card as you would with a pci-e card.

after reading the forum, i have decided to buy it. so what it doesnt support some serious overclocking, couse it wasnt my intention.

one thing got me confused.... memory.. 1t and 2t? apparently that mobo doesnt run well whit 1t memory :p ill try and do some searching on that issue .
im gonna get it couse so meny said its a good mobo to have and if i buy a agp one, i have to buy new mobo when i want a new gfx :D

Kaun_IA

Fledgling Freddie
Kingston DDRAM PC-3200 400MHz 512MB CL 3,0

Kingston DDRAM PC-3200 400MHz 512MB CL 2,0 HyperX

as far as i have understood that the diffrence is minimal.

CL 3 or CL 2. the CL 3 is ALOT cheaper than the CL 2.

if i buy the mobo and the cpu i said... i think i can buy 2 of the CL3 type RAMs right away allso

Naffets

Can't get enough of FH
1T and 2T denotes how the memory is addressed afaik. My Abit AN8 ultra runs my 2 x 512 at 1T memory commands, the difference between 1T and 2T is ~6% ish, maybe even less. So i wouldn't worry about it alot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom