Update

sayward

Resident Freddy
Just for those who are interested. Got back from Christmas hol to a letter from the Co op saying HSBC were refusing to pay for my mother's funeral. I'm afraid with that, my blood pressure must've gone off the scale. For those who don't know, when someone dies, if they have any capital you just present the death certificate to their bank and funeral expenses will be covered.
Last July innumerable people at HSBC told me this would happen, including their 'Bereavement Support Team'! Had they not, there would not have been a funeral. They even said I could organise a wake if I wanted to! Good job I didn't.

Anyway HSBC decided they wouldn't pay out because there's a 'dispute' over the will. The only person who's likely to cause a dispute is me! Got my solicitor involved and the bank wouldn't budge despite the fact there's no 'dispute' I'm either the only beneficiary, or the residuary beneficiary. Basically they lied to me. The branch manager has never heard of this before. my undertaker is horrified, never had it happen before. Left it cos they'll pay it eventually after probate.

So Saturday another letter from the Co Op saying they are passing it to their solicitor! I'm not bloody paying, apart from the fact I haven't got a spare £5000. So back to my solicitor who has tried HSBC again. Now they are saying they don't pay if a person is intestate or it's a hand written will! This is all crap, they are making it up as they go along. They have just lied to me again and again. They always pay out when someone is intestate! I know this from the managers and the undertakers, or their cold cabinets would be full of corpses.

So so cross. Don't quite know what to do next. I'm going to compose a complaint. What they won't have realised is I'm one of their Premier customers and have been for years. Hub tried on the phone but of course it has to be me and we feel we are banging our heads against a wall. Solicitor is trying to ring the co op and tell them they'll just have to wait!!

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
I've had similar bullshit with Santander..just stonewalling lies over cheques.
I can fully believe this crap, keep calm and plan your revenge.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Just keep going up the chain. Higher and higher and threaten to go to the papers about the stress and distress this has caused.

sayward

Resident Freddy
Another update. My mother's will is not legal. Not only did the witnesses sign it on a different day, they never saw her. So far so good. But this cretinous man has produced a previous will, it's torn up and he has finally sent a photocopied jigsaw puzzle to the solicitor. So we are back to square one as the solicitor has to work out if this one is actually valid........

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I have little to add other than to say that the cost of a funeral is a massive, massive piss take.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
In our family its usually done as cheap as possible. Standard coffin and a cremation with scattering. And no flowers. Just donations to a charity of choice

sayward

Resident Freddy
Funeral was £4000. And it was a pretty basic cremation. In the end the solicitor went to a different bank where I didn't know she had an account. I still have a complaint in with HSBC and if they don't soon respond i'll be taking it to the ombudsman.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom