Update on the New Era alliance after merge

Oneeyedjack

Fledgling Freddie
Last night we made the last part of the merge between FoM alliance and New Era alliance. That did cost a couple of guilds their membersship of the alliance. But all the guilds that was removed was dead and has not been playing daoc on Dyvet for a long time. The 3 guilds that was removed was:

Frelsesarmeen, Jormungandr and Wrath of Valhalla.

If any of those 3 guilds have objections or wish to return to the game at some point, just PM one of the active alliance GMs in New Era.

That also means New Era is full atm. But I also received a couple of requests from active guilds interested in joining New Era, so far I have been unable to accept their wishes, due to a full alliance. But we still have a couple very small guilds and some without an active GM, I wont remove any of these guilds, but it might be a good idea to rethink if you wouldnt rather merge or join another guild and find some other nice people to play with. TDA is always open to old and new players and Im sure many of the other guilds in New Era are open to new members. :)

Current guilds in New Era:

- New Era (Alliance leader guild)

- Amazons of Midgard
- Danish Huscarls
- Draconis Combine
- Kalevala
- Savage Conclave
- Talon's Reach
- Klan Nidstang
- Bragi's Scorpions
- Clan Chaos
- The Salamanders
- Venom
- Enhärjarna
- Holger Dansk
- Bannana Bunnies
- Fellowship of Midgard
- Norseman of Midgard
- The Dark Alliance
- Insurgence (No active GM atm it seems, you guys still fully functional?)
- Shadow Crusaders (Also no active GM atm it seems, you guys still fully functional?)
- Sons of Nidhug (Seems to be inactive guild with no members, any plans of comming back as an active guild in the near future?)

I hope the merge will keep Midgard alive and create a new alliance between Midgards active guilds. Thanks to all the guilds in New Era making it possible. :)

igli

Fledgling Freddie
are there still room for us? Lord Fouls Ravers?

Nuxtobatns

Can't get enough of FH
Btw...after talking with a gamemaster and settling it, Molested and I have both been upgraded to GM rank in Atreides.
So we r now ready to accept little guilds and unguilded members so that we can also be intergrated into the new alliance. (cause atm we r 'only' 4 left...even tho somewhat, pretty active)

Himse

FH is my second home
Shadow Crusaders have no active GM, mostly all of the members play World of Warcraft at the moment.

/Himse

Nate

FH is my second home
Insurgence have moved to US servers.

Sons of Nidhug has no active players afaik.

Were these guilds that have already been removed put forward to the other guild leaders and mentioned in a meeting? afaik that's how it's usually been done, but I'll let Blue or someone in the know of history of New Era fill you in. All these things seem to be happening to the alliance with little to no communication actually happening between the guilds. Or on the New Era forums, are they still up?

Oneeyedjack

Fledgling Freddie
Were these guilds that have already been removed put forward to the other guild leaders and mentioned in a meeting? afaik that's how it's usually been done, but I'll let Blue or someone in the know of history of New Era fill you in. All these things seem to be happening to the alliance with little to no communication actually happening between the guilds. Or on the New Era forums, are they still up?

Problems is, its really hard to gather all GMs online, most play on different servers or different realms. So nothing really happens. I know Vonwar have tried to e-mail and Pm alot of GMs but had little response. Without an active offline forum that GMs actually use, its almost impossible to get things moving. I know many people (myself included) was screaming for changes and somebody to go from passive spectator to Midgards fast decline to a more active approach. As alliance leader from the former FoM I tried to get the process going and some GMs from NE joined in to get an active alliance going again. I know it feels like not all are included in the process, but its also hard when you dont get any response from the posts and meetings you arrange. All GMs are still welcome to post their opinions, pm online, arrange meetings, step back and ask for the process to slow down.

As you say it would be nice if we had an active forum where all GMs logon frequently and inform each other on the state of their guilds and alliance matters. Im still not aware of such a place, but plz let me know if you have such a place and we take the discussions there. :)

I have noticed a concern about the way or the speed of this alliance merge, so I will take step back and let people express their feelings and arrange some alliance meetings so all can get upto speed. Its was not intended to keep any GMs out of the decision making process, its was just a final attempt to kick some life back into the game. So let all know when you guys want an alliance meeting again, and I will help spread it amongst the GMs in the alliance. I would really appreciate if some one else but me, would take the initiative of arranging these alliance meetings, because I will step back from the process a little bit and let other GMs get involved in leading and taking alliance initiatives. I will ofc try attend all alliance meetings that might be arranged. Lets try and get the communication flowing better and get ALL GMs involved. Nice to see some active /as again.

hammeron

Regular Freddie
cant please all the people all the time imo, something had to happen and this process has been going on for a while now as far as im aware, inactivity at this moment in time is unacceptable as the needs/wants of the server are here now........

GrivneKelmorian

Fledgling Freddie
Sons of Nidhug (Seems to be inactive guild with no members, any plans of comming back as an active guild in the near future?)

yes, planning on bringing it back in an active manner when personal economy allows me to reopen accounts.

i also looked into the alliance guilds on the herald.. if you dont count the big guilds with 20+ active members 3 - 4 of them, there wasnt more then 40 chars together with lw rp.. Alot of those guilds counted as "active" only got 1 or 2 members as of current.

Bluesky

Fledgling Freddie
Firstly I dont see any problem with guild gm's posting their ideas/suggestions/etc on the official alliance forums - any gm who doesnt have access there just needs to sign up for an account ( http://prydwen.se )and send me a pm there and also request access to the New Era section from within their UserCP and i can then allow access.

yes, planning on bringing it back in an active manner when personal economy allows me to reopen accounts.

i also looked into the alliance guilds on the herald.. if you dont count the big guilds with 20+ active members 3 - 4 of them, there wasnt more then 40 chars together with lw rp.. Alot of those guilds counted as "active" only got 1 or 2 members as of current.
If 2-4 members are bringing in plenty of rp's then imo they are significantly active meaning they can claim towers/keeps etc. If a guild has a single member who doesnt play then they shoudl be removed to allow other guilds in and this includes you Griv. You are playing USA servers so seems obvious to me you prefer it over there so what does it matter if (and when) you re-activate your euro account whether you play in another active guild. I don't really see any exceptions to this rule which imo is based on common sense.

GrivneKelmorian

Fledgling Freddie
yes, i am playing the USA servers, due to the fact that i am poor, i had some unexpected money losses (better word missing in my vocabulary -.-) that i couldnt pay my eu subs this month.

however, i am active in the alliance.. i am also as active as i can in helping the alliance back on its feet. something you wouldnt let me do while i was in TR Bluesky, as i was in no position to do so as i wasnt an officer, as you so nicley put it.
ofcourse big creds to vonwar and yulia who i belive was the driving forces behind this merge, good initiative on bringing the alliance and the realm back on its feet.

Punishment

Resident Freddy
Good luck with this guys and i mean that 100% :D

Also its a fucking disgrace that Mid did not get the Underpopulated realm bonus this patch , Unbelieveable :eek:

Bluesky

Fledgling Freddie
Just a quick note to tell the ppl that have applied for access to the New Era section on prydwen.se I have now approved the requests so you can see the Private section. There aren't many posts there atm but to the new guilds and ppl that have joined feel free to post there :)

Haldar

Fledgling Freddie
Also its a fucking disgrace that Mid did not get the Underpopulated realm bonus this patch , Unbelieveable

we have it. stl0ng 5% :)

Arkian

Fledgling Freddie
Currently discussing in guild whether to have another spin on Mid/dyvet...

Arkx

GM Insurgence - Mid Dyvet
GM Dirty Bingo Callers - Hib Bossiney

Inso

One of Freddy's beloved

Having 1 player take up one slot in the alliance isn't that good tbh? Since you have a limited number of members in an alliance.

GrivneKelmorian

Fledgling Freddie
no that is very true..

but ive not seen any new applications, so whats the fuzz about? the merge is compleate and aparantly there was enough room.

Netcode

Can't get enough of FH
Nice nice, now go out and claim keeps/tower and jesus dont put them on lvl3
we have unpopulated so u can have them higher! :(

Punishment

Resident Freddy
Currently discussing in guild whether to have another spin on Mid/dyvet...

Arkx

GM Insurgence - Mid Dyvet
GM Dirty Bingo Callers - Hib Bossiney

Count me in , Also pm or email me if you want me to buy guild plot back :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom