upcoming festivals

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Latitude is a bit meh, a lot of artists on this year's bill that were doing the festival circuit last year: Metronomy, Janelle Monae, Wild Beasts I saw last year so it's strange to me that they're the bigger headliner acts.

I'll be going to Bestival - http://2012.bestival.net/line-up - which looks amazing already and not everything has been announced.

Let me know how the lineup goes for the Iceland one Teedles - last year looked really good, but there's not much on there so far. Would probably cost too much for me anyway, Bestival's costing me quite a lot.

Fweddy

FH is my second home
I quite like the look of Sonisphere's line up but I don't think I'll be festivaling this year. I'm looking at buying a house so money is a little tight.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Will go to Roskilde or Rock Werchter if money allows. uk festivals are shit.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Roots Manuva, SBTRKT and Errors, along with a load more announced for Bestival.

Shaping up to be really, really good.

Saraden

Loyal Freddie
Harare International Festival of Arts http://www.hifa.co.zw/

Don't know what's playing, but just wanted to let you know that I live and spend my days under the African sun.

(...and that festival is pretty much only thing happening around here)

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Stevie Wonder has been announced as a Sunday headliner for Bestival :cool:

- English -

Resident Freddy
Will go to Roskilde or Rock Werchter if money allows. uk festivals are shit.

Last year it rained the week before Roskilde .. then during the festival it poured down so hard .. they must have been sleeping in water! Even tho its 15 mins drive away, still cba going :p

Calo

Part of the furniture
Tomorrowland tickets are in! best dance festival in the world, also going to dour, werchter boutique (metallica black album) & pukkelpop!

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Would love to live 15min drive from a good festival. Would appreciate the bonus of a bit of civilisation. Although I do enjoy the few days of free headspace where I don't have to worry about stupid every day stuff. On the negative side there's the whole poop thing.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
If you're thinking of going to Secret Garden Party this year order your tickets now as there's less than 1000 left.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
whellp, looks like I'm going to Iceland Airwaves again :D If you're not scared, meet up with me in Iceland 31st Oct to 4th Nov 2012 :D

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
I've just been offered a ticket to The Isle of Wight festival. Not sure whether to go or not:
Pro: Haven't been to a festival for about five years, used to go to Glasto and V religiously.
Con: Line-up is a bit Dad rock, but then that's me I guess :)
Pro: Weekend with grownups
Con: Weekend without the kids
Pro: Free ticket!
Con: Flights from Ireland.
Pro: erm....

Laddey

FH is my second home
Creamfields this year. First festival ever. Yea man

mooSe_

FH is my second home
I've been to all my festivals for the year now, I'm sad :( None til next summer

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
My Bestival, managed to cram a fair amount in I think (in order).

Thursday
Alabama Shakes (great)
Rob da Bank (had to really, not much else on, his festival - ok)

Friday
Gemini (DJ set - meh, not as good as his own music)
Ane Brun (very good)
Warpaint (very good)
Alt-J (on a tiny stage so couldn't get close enough to hear past the masses :()
Emeli Sande (very good)
Scroobius Pip (good)
The xx (couldn't hear due to odious cunts shouting at each other the whole time)
Sub Focus (meh, "Live" - really? more like filtering a prerecorded mix of stuff, started ok with older dnb then moved into his newer shite stuff)
Florence & The Machine (they're good but she's a massive dick)
SBTRKT (really good but tent too busy)
Arcadia's Mechanical Cabaret (involves a giant hydrolic metal fire breathing dragon (awesome), a fire tornado (cool), a motorbike rider on a highwire (cool) and a balancing act man 50m+ in the air on a flexible metal pole (fucking MENTAL))

Saturday
Time For Tease (Burlesque show - funny and good)
De La Soul (awesome summer set)
Justice (tent utterly packed, couldn't get near - still good from what I could hear)
Jess Milss (good)
Nero (ok)

Sunday
Roots Manuva (good)
DOOM (very good - amusingly asked to be paid in £10 notes only)
Bat For Lashes (surprisingly good, didn't know anything about her but I liked)
Sigur Ros (they hated it, they still sounded awesome)
Camo & Krooked (do these guys have ADD? dropping new tracks every 30 seconds. annoying, played some good tracks though)
LTJ Bukem & Conrad (pro as always, great selection and mixing)
Stevie Wonder (well... it's Stevie)
Fireworks (really good display)
Zomboy (better when he played his own stuff)
The Orbital (FUCKING INCREDIBLE. SERIOUSLY.)

TdC

nice stuff in there. we agree on many things. I'm gearing up for IA; got Daughter, Purity Ring and ofc Sigur Ros on my list.

I predict that it will snow during the concert, and once we leave it's going to be clear and the aurora will break out. Joywank time :D

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Gonna do my best to get out to IA this year partly just to demand free food and drink at the laundromat cafe like those cunt icelandics

TdC

gwaan then Aoami. friggin Kraftwerk's INCLUDED in the wristband price. Non of this lame Bjork/Sigur Ros extra monies to be paid. Also laundromat is fuggin drafty and the burgers are "meh". if you want a truly GOOD burger, there's a sneaky mini burger place hidden behind/inside a trendy cocktail lounge/club not far from there on the Bankastraeti.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom