Upcoming 1.89a housing changes

GReaper

Part of the furniture
From the Herald - if your account is closed for 60 days then you lose your house, regardless of how much gold you've got on your consignment merchant.

Does anyone else see this as a poorly implemented patch? Certain servers may need it but neither Excalibur or Prydwen need it. I can understand that the US classic servers may have a housing problem, as well as a few EU servers like Avalon.

I can just imagine a new "Come back to Camelot" campaign, we've demolished your house but we still want you back! ;)

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
Idiocy.. ppl have invested tons of plats into houses and they just wanna remove them after what.. 2 months? ppl go to the army or work abroad etc for months and return to the game afterwards.. to find Mythic buttshagged them for no real reason at all.

GO mythic!

aika

Part of the furniture
instead of adding another housing zone

GJ!

C

Carss

instead of adding another housing zone

GJ!

yep that would be a more suitable solution

seems more of a requiel type, act without thinking response to a problem

I guess people are just going to have to make thier own guilds to hold houses so that they don't disappear if they know they are going away. stupid of mythic to go this way about the problem but to also leave a loophole around it that will make the problem even worse also.

Ive always made sure my house wont disppear as it basically contains all ive worked for, but imagine if people lose things that arent replaceable like massive collections of banners that can be lost.

I guess its all about money, like they made a poll about would you pay to have extra vaults or charecter transfers and such

chretien

Fledgling Freddie
It's not quite as drastic as it sounds. Your house isn't repossessed it's just removed, you get the deed and all the merchants, tools and so forth back as well as the cash on the CM. It just means that if you close your account and then come back you need to find a new lot and rearrange furniture for a bit. You'll just lose the price of the lot and decorations by the sounds of it (unless they mean all decorations when they say trophies).

It does still seem a little harsh though.

Bluesky

Fledgling Freddie
If you read all the article (snippet below) it's not quite as bad as initial impression:

Camelot Herald said:
Houses which are owned by closed accounts will be condemned and removed from their lots after a reasonable period of time has lapsed and the account has not been re-opened. The house (in the form of a deed), all in-game money stored on the consignment merchant, all trophies, vaults, the consignment merchant, and items contained within the vaults and consignment merchant, will be placed on the repossession NPCs located in the Market areas of the housing zones.

Seems from reading that you may only lose the npc's, bindstone and bought decorations so not too much of a bad idea for the very busy servers tbh

[HB]Jpeg

Loyal Freddie
its a good addition on gareth thre are no houses free.. and those which are.. are normally camped by people who buy em at a high price to ensue they get em.

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
There are houses owned by now long gone players that are in very nice places in housing. Their CMs are long since empty and many of them you can't get into. Why shouldn't an active player get to use this spot?

The old player doesn't really lose very much and this does require their account to be closed (not just inactive).

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Similar types of solution are appearing in other online games as the number of houses in player zones available are hogged by those who may never play again.

I think the period should be longer than 60 days, perhaps 90 but don't have any problem with it in principle.

Where it goes wrong I think is that nothing should be lost from the house at all.

As Brite pointed out, its just going to lead to a rise in 1-man guilds to get around this. People won't bother so much if nothing at all would be lost, but will make the effort to get around the loss factor just in case they decide to reactivate.

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
Roo Stercogburn said:
As Brite pointed out, its just going to lead to a rise in 1-man guilds to get around this. People won't bother so much if nothing at all would be lost, but will make the effort to get around the loss factor just in case they decide to reactivate.

Surely people wouldn't go through the trouble of finding 7 other people, creating a 1 man guild, changing their house to a guild house if they left the game. Most people that leave normally don't intend to come back.

If you are intending to come back, canceling during time abroad, exams, etc. It would make more sense just to pick up the items in the house with a random alt so you don't lose them rather than all the above.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Idiocy.. ppl have invested tons of plats into houses and they just wanna remove them after what.. 2 months? ppl go to the army or work abroad etc for months and return to the game afterwards.. to find Mythic buttshagged them for no real reason at all.

GO mythic!

yeah 2 months is way way to fast. make it half a year at the very least, or even a year.

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH
Certainly an inconvieniance (speaking as a sad soul with 7 houses, and joint responsiblity to look after the guild house as well), make you able to pay for 2 months rent, ie 8 slots and stop rent being taken from the consignment merchant if the account has lapsed. Means that you can let accounts lapse, but if you have an alt, or m8, then they can keep the house going for you.

megadave

I am a FH squatter
good idea imo, us servers are so packed it's virtually impossible finding a house

GReaper

Part of the furniture
There are over 700 plots on Albion/Excalibur. It seems harsh that some people are going to lose their plot when there are plenty available for everyone.

If Mythic doesn't change this patch then I'll setup some one man guilds to ensure I don't lose my houses. They should've implemented this the usual way with testing so people can give feedback, instead of sneaking in untested changes.

Conway

Fledgling Freddie
Ah well, that finally closes the door on DAOC for me then. I left the house and everything set up so I could maybe return one day, but I'm never going back if they demolish the houses. Psychologically its the end. There was kind of sentimental stuff around the houses, and there is no appeal in going back and having to start by rebuilding everything.

Hibernia Prydwen has 1235 vacant lots according to the roll of honour, so leaving my house there was not harming anyone.

Hail and farewell folks.

Tafaya Anathas

Fledgling Freddie
The only thing that keeping alive a possible comeback (beside I subscribed for 1 month 2 days before when I was drunk, nerf) for me is my house in Waterford. This will be just another nail in Dyvet's coffin imo.

Drungan

One of Freddy's beloved
well, atleast they could embed it only for highly populated servers with no vacant lots :(
like said already, no reason to embed this on servers clusters like dyvet.

sounds to me like money making anyways, as you have to resub atleast every second month just to keep em.
a stupid move to milk more cash and cloak it under "full housing zones".

[edit]

and noone has fun investing a couple of hours to get up and decorate the house again after it got dropped i suppose

Mambopoa

Fledgling Freddie
Against the major tide of this thread.

I think this is a good idea, if you stop playing then why should the house be kept going?
The only difference people can say here is that the UK cluster is a ghost town with lots of empty slots.
I know that most people would say different if the cluster was a high population where getting a house plot is almost impossible. (Its another reason to complain)

Yes there are exceptions that people take breaks and will come back, but since they email you 3 times to remind you. Or if you are really that bothered you can keep account open. Its your choice.

I think its pretty good that if you close account, they leave the character alone. All your house stuff is saved and with a small bit of work you can be up and running again after reactivation.

Trying to find a house plot on the USA classic cluster is hard to stay on same server. Same with the German servers.

This is a good move, why should an account that has been closed for a year still have a house plot. Doubtful they are going to come back.
If your only reason to reactivate is that your house will still be there, I find that a strange reason.

Tafaya Anathas

Fledgling Freddie
Atm there are 973 vacant lots on Prydwen/Albion, so I think there is no need to implement this change, but on Avalon there are 9 vacant Albion lots, so it makes sense to apply this change there.

Bikkus

Fledgling Freddie
It hasnt started too well after the patch. So far most houses seem to have lost all their trophies, enemy banners etc. I have also heard reports of people loosing their house vaults. Typical Mythic patching.

They are planning on correcting this when during the next Wed downtime.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Surely people wouldn't go through the trouble of finding 7 other people, creating a 1 man guild, changing their house to a guild house if they left the game. Most people that leave normally don't intend to come back.

All you need is 8 people with something to lose.

Shouldn't be too hard to find.

partyanimal

Fledgling Freddie
since ppl r no insterested in roleplayin, why dont mythic impliment hotels like in eq2?
or just make a generic instance house?
dont forget that there r ppl w 5 houses... there a few such cases in limors
they need cms , but they buy the hole house. just give an option w multiple cms
:drink:

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH
Against the major tide of this thread.

I think this is a good idea, if you stop playing then why should the house be kept going?
The only difference people can say here is that the UK cluster is a ghost town with lots of empty slots.
I know that most people would say different if the cluster was a high population where getting a house plot is almost impossible. (Its another reason to complain)

Yes there are exceptions that people take breaks and will come back, but since they email you 3 times to remind you. Or if you are really that bothered you can keep account open. Its your choice.

I think its pretty good that if you close account, they leave the character alone. All your house stuff is saved and with a small bit of work you can be up and running again after reactivation.

Trying to find a house plot on the USA classic cluster is hard to stay on same server. Same with the German servers.

This is a good move, why should an account that has been closed for a year still have a house plot. Doubtful they are going to come back.
If your only reason to reactivate is that your house will still be there, I find that a strange reason.

Aside from the solution I suggested earlier, which I think is the best of both worlds imho, they should at least have it as a switchable option for low pop servers.

*edit
Oops, someone already suggested that one - I aggree with them in that case :)

leviathane

Part of the furniture
since ppl r no insterested in roleplayin, why dont mythic impliment hotels like in eq2?
or just make a generic instance house?
dont forget that there r ppl w 5 houses... there a few such cases in limors
they need cms , but they buy the hole house. just give an option w multiple cms
:drink:

heh ye that donnheilo has like 5 or 6 houses each house vault is full of items and all cm's cap the 200p limit in a number of days :/ damn tht bloke farms some serious rl money.

SoulFly

Can't get enough of FH
It's not quite as drastic as it sounds. Your house isn't repossessed it's just removed, you get the deed and all the merchants, tools and so forth back as well as the cash on the CM. It just means that if you close your account and then come back you need to find a new lot and rearrange furniture for a bit. You'll just lose the price of the lot and decorations by the sounds of it (unless they mean all decorations when they say trophies).

It does still seem a little harsh though.

Up to this day, you have lost everything you had INSIDE the house. GW @ losing phoenix and such trophies. Correct me if I'm wrong, but a year ago this was reality.

That patch is fucking wank.

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Ah well, that finally closes the door on DAOC for me then. I left the house and everything set up so I could maybe return one day, but I'm never going back if they demolish the houses. Psychologically its the end. There was kind of sentimental stuff around the houses, and there is no appeal in going back and having to start by rebuilding everything.

Hibernia Prydwen has 1235 vacant lots according to the roll of honour, so leaving my house there was not harming anyone.

Hail and farewell folks.

Agreed, I spent a fortune on my house and its decorations. Its my pride and joy and the only reason I would come back(rvr sucks, my friends are playing other games etc)

That goes, its just another boot up the arse I suppose.

But hey, its just EA i mean Mythic trying to get more money out of an already dying game

SoulFly

Can't get enough of FH
The only thing that keeping alive a possible comeback (beside I subscribed for 1 month 2 days before when I was drunk, nerf) for me is my house in Waterford. This will be just another nail in Dyvet's coffin imo.

Aye, if you lose your house, whose house am I going to egg then ?? :ninja:

Kinag

Part of the furniture
Haven't read the replies, but the best solution would be to pay the monthly fee even if you're gone for one or two months.

Everybody can afford that amount if they play the game at the moment.

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH
Haven't read the replies, but the best solution would be to pay the monthly fee even if you're gone for one or two months.

Everybody can afford that amount if they play the game at the moment.

That is a solution, it clearly isn't the best one for the customers.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
That is a solution, it clearly isn't the best one for the customers.

no that would be everything for free for no effort what so ever... but thats never gonna happen anywhere so :)

it IS a problem on the US servers, now if GOA change it here in EU i dont see a problem with it.

but there is a CRAPLOAD of overpriced junk on CM's thats owned by unsubbed ppl here thats stinging ppl in the eye. getting rid of THAT would be a great thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom