Film Up.

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
Watched this last night and I can honestly say it is Pixars best. The animation is mind blowing and while being funny and heart warming it is serious and definately an adult film as well as for kids.

I demand each and every one of you watch it as soon as possible.

I give it a Trem score of 8 out of 10.

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
Just watched the first 15 mins and its had me sobbing already, have to go to work so will watch the rest later

*obviously i have a cinema in my house...........*

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Mrs J and #2 son say it's definitely up there as one of their best ever.

Mrs J was crying inside 5 minutes (along with her Mum).... but then she cried watching transformers :eek7:

Edmond

Its true. the first 10 mins are so sad

Edmond

Yes, yes i did.........so there.....nur nur nur!!!!

Jupitus

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Yes, yes i did.........so there.....nur nur nur!!!!

Now you know why Jup-the-Blub will be watching it quietly on DVD when it comes out :eek:

Trem

Just watched the first 15 mins and its had me sobbing already, have to go to work so will watch the rest later

Samm was also sobbing, she watched it last week at the cinema and cried and she watched it again last night and cried, it is very sad but then again she will cry at a Homebase advert at the minute.

Can I suggest you all watch Iron Giant as well, one of my all time fav animated films. Also pretty sad.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Saw it last weekend in 3D - it's alright. Don't take my word for it, I'm not a fan of Pixar films / animated kid's films in the slightest, regardless of adult theme.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Saw it last weekend in 3D - it's alright. Don't take my word for it, I'm not a fan of Pixar films / animated kid's films in the slightest, regardless of adult theme.

You didn't even like The Incredibles?

nath

Fledgling Freddie
I didn't either actually, it felt slow and empty somehow.
The Incredibles, The A-Team.

I don't think we can be net-buddies™ any more :\. Seriously, this is worse than me hanging out in DAoC-OT forums, and at least I stopped.

megadave

I am a FH squatter
Did an animated double last week and saw both Up and 9.

I think 9 is much better, after the numerous cuddly animation films, 9 was a lovely breath of fresh air.

Check it out :)

Trem

The Incredibles, The A-Team.

I don't think we can be net-buddies™ any more :\. Seriously, this is worse than me hanging out in DAoC-OT forums, and at least I stopped.

Oh god, the A Team was AIDS ridden at best, I would watch a week of The Incredibles over 10 minutes of the A(ids) Team :eek:

You can never leave me, you think you can but your heart will always find its way back to me. Muwahahaha.

Did an animated double last week and saw both Up and 9.

I think 9 is much better, after the numerous cuddly animation films, 9 was a lovely breath of fresh air.

Check it out :)

But hasn't Tim "same feel to every film" Burton got something to do with 9? God I hate Burton films, even his best film (Big Fish) which was different for a while had to have Bonham Carter as a dark witchy type character in it, stupid Burton :eek:

Coraline is also an amazing animated film and its something Burton can only dream of making, stupid Burton :eek:

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
I'm sorry, you can diss the A-Team thats rubbish. But its the strait jacket for you if you give Burton grief......

I suppose he does have a generic style, but at least he's not your average Hollywood go through the motions director.

Sweeney Todd was excellent.

Trem

I'm sorry, you can diss the A-Team thats rubbish. But its the strait jacket for you if you give Burton grief......

I suppose he does have a generic style, but at least he's not your average Hollywood go through the motions director.

Sweeney Todd was excellent.

How can you say he doesn't go through the motions? Every film he does is the same that is called going through the motions, being boring, predictable etc.

Sweeney Todd was turd, it was turd and felt the same as every other film he has done but with singing in. While I like Depp and Bonham Carter must they be used in every fucking film he does? Well yes he has to use them because they have the look he needs, they are dark and saultry and he needs that to make every film the god damn same (not to mention he is married to one of them). Like I said Big Fish was very good, very good indeed until the point he turned back into Burton with the witch scene.

He may have got a good name from earlier films when they were new and fresh but its 20 years later now and he's still doing the same bollocks with the same fucking actors!!

Burton is gash and no mistake but people still daren't say hes crap because he does all the weird shit that is meant to be cool, well yes it was cool in the 80's ffs. He killed the Charlie and the Chocolate Factory remake....guess who the main star was?

Edit - Alice in Wonderland is going to be another bloody Burton bollocks film as well, and oooohhh guess who is starring in it?
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1014759/

Jupitus

Staff member
FH Subscriber
I didn't know Tim Burton and Johnny Depp were an item :confused:

Edmond

How can you say he doesn't go through the motions? Every film he does is the same that is called going through the motions, being boring, predictable etc.

Sweeney Todd was turd, it was turd and felt the same as every other film he has done but with singing in. While I like Depp and Bonham Carter must they be used in every fucking film he does? Well yes he has to use them because they have the look he needs, they are dark and saultry and he needs that to make every film the god damn same (not to mention he is married to one of them). Like I said Big Fish was very good, very good indeed until the point he turned back into Burton with the witch scene.

He may have got a good name from earlier films when they were new and fresh but its 20 years later now and he's still doing the same bollocks with the same fucking actors!!

Burton is gash and no mistake but people still daren't say hes crap because he does all the weird shit that is meant to be cool, well yes it was cool in the 80's ffs. He killed the Charlie and the Chocolate Factory remake....guess who the main star was?

Edit - Alice in Wonderland is going to be another bloody Burton bollocks film as well, and oooohhh guess who is starring in it?
Alice in Wonderland (2010)

.....and breath

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
yeah the first part of it is far too sad its basically what disney do best

ECA

I am a FH squatter
I'm w/ trem on this. He's living off the "ooh I'm so weird and shit everyone must love me because I'm not the same as the mainstream blockbusters omg omg".

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Another vote against the Pixar films here. They're lazily made, generic and dull.

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
I quite liked The Incredibles.

And my kids love all of Pixar's flims. Although my little girl (who's 11) much prefers any of the Studio Ghibli stuff over Pixar.

Sam's 8, he'll watch anything with a fight in so he's not much of a critic either really.

Oh, i've just shot holes in my own argument....

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
You didn't even like The Incredibles?

Yeah I enjoyed it at the time, but it was still 'meh' overall in my films listing - the best of a bad bunch maybe?

Was I the only one aroused by Mrs Incredible? It was the hips and the tight camel toe leggings along with the red hair.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom