Up the xp in the frontiers plz

S

sparkus

Why dont Mythic double the xp in the frontiers along with cap to encourage more use. Some of my best experiences in this game were last summer when xping in yggdra always on the look out for higher lvl invaders, had some great fights which seemed to last longer as well. It seems a shame that all those zones see so little use. Of course if u dont like it dont go there!
Might also relieve the pressure on camped areas & who knows Malmo might be a thing of the past.

Sorry if this an old post but its my first except a trade post.

Please comment away.

B

bewal

Of course you are right, but I suppose RvR isn't priority for Mythic yet. They are saying they are working on RvR part, but lets see.

A

Aravis

You already get more XP from mobs in the frontiers...

T

tris-

even more when it is near a claimed keep too .

P

parisienscot

Yeah he's right you get bonus if your realm holds a fort near where you are xping and double bonus if your guild has it - would be nice if the 30+ people on waiting list for malmo got together and went there.

B

bewal

Think he meant so much more that people really would go there, not like it is now with few odd peeps.

D

Danya

Did a lot of xping near dun crimthainn on my mentalist when hitting 50, the 20% bonus which goes over cap is nice ;)

F

Fafnir

Well the problem is that 30 people xp'n in the frontier would soon deplete the spawns, and result in more whining about xp deaths by some nasty invaders.

P

parisienscot

Don't know what you're on about 30 people depleting spawns - they don't all have to xp in same place - there are lots of places to go.

As for whining about xp deaths, yeah this would happen, but surely the combination of more xp and going somewhere different for a change makes it worthwhile?

And who knows you might actually make some RPs too - just have a mezzer along who can put the invaders on hold while you finish off the mobs before killing them too ;)

T

tripitaka

The downside

Downside of this would be XP kills - you'd lose more exp on an xp-kill by an RvR'er if you were fighting a mob too, but i spose you'd take the rough with the smooth.

C

-chancer-

i leveled my hunter from 39 - 48 in the frontiers

Alb is especially nice ;)

T

tris-

hehe pennines is best xp place i reckon. chain pull ellyls and some times get adds too.

P

parisienscot

Originally posted by living
Alot of places where a invader never has been :)

Yes this is true!! Lots of nice out of the way places where you can hunt for hours with no one coming to bother you - especially if 99% of them don't realise that there's actually another zone after emain if you go further south ;)

If you find a good place just don't post it on barrysworld though - that's just asking for it ;)

B

Brannor McThife

Frontier XPing has its advantages. Such as Frontier-only factions. Take the Pennines. You can kill lots of those Twyl rangers and get the Ellylls to neutral, so if you're being chased by evil Middies/Hibbies, just run into the Ellyll fort and laugh as the Lord and his minions zerg your enemies. Or, kill the outcasts and get those ghost-woman neutral/friendly, and run up either of the hills that they live on and watch your enemies get nuked to death. Great fun. :)

And yes, killing creatures near a keep that your guild holds gives 25% (or was it 20?) bonus on top of the camp bonus which can itself be quite large. Go there as a group, and get adds, and you're looking at almost 75% (my maths might be rusty) extra XP off each creature you kill. Now, top that anywhere inrealm.

-G

D

dunny_dunny

Yeh, frontier xp is very good. My guild went there at a time when SI wasnt out and so it was a refreshing change from Lyonesse during the 35-40 stage.We did get wasted by some mids on many occasions, but hell, that was the fun of it;)

O

old.Zeikerd

For 30-40 I recommend Snowdonia for all realms. No one ever goes there. Nice spawns and fun roaming.

F

Flimgoblin

didn't know you could get the cyraeth neutral..

hmmm :) that'd be handy

P

parisienscot

Originally posted by greenfingers
/clap

10%

Not quite as simple as that i'm afraid.

+10% if your realm holds a nearby keep
+20% if your guild holds nearest keep

and as someone already mentioned the camp bonus tends to be maxed at another +10% on top of that.

S

sparkus

I realise that bonus can be gained from keeps etc in frontiers but it doesnt seem 2 have had the desired effect.
Also 2 reduce the whine effect of xp death from invaders maybe all deaths with over 10% damage caused by invaders could be reduced xp loss such as 1st death per lvl ?
Perhaps a frontier wide chat could be established similiar to broad but a large area only 4 those whose frontier it is.
If these measures were introduced perhaps Emain,Odins& hadrians could be redesigned so that portal keeps were not at the end of a funnel but u could leave in any direction & the gates were got rid off,this might have the desired effect of spreading RvR all over the frontier ?

Go on shoot me down in flames if u wish but imo something needs 2 be done.

D

dath

Don't worry about it sparkus, of course there are allways peeps who need to find holes, no matter how small in what people say. Fact is that frontiers need a boost, a total makeover. Camping milegates gets rather boring after 1.5 years of DAoC. One option would be to make frontier worth exping at. I personally think that you should be able to mine and get other stuff for crafting at frontier area, but I guess someone will tell me how stupid that would be. Welcome to BW.

B

Brannor McThife

You say that something needs to be done. I say, that it is fine. I have levelled my level 50's in all 3 realm's frontiers. And that at post 45.

I XP'd with many Hibs at the ghost werewolves (forgot the name :p), not 2 minutes run from Emain.

I XP'd my necromancer on the Cythrael. Did level 48-49.8 in a few hours solo when my guild held the nearby keep. I've never tested the neutrality of these, but as I said, I think the outcasts are their enemies...check on this. ;)

I often hunted in the Jamt Mountains and Yggdra with my troll warrior. There are some really nice camps, literally, out there.

Also, you get more XP in dungeons. I think Mythic did just fine when they gave the 10% increments to frontier XPing. Making it any higher would be absurb. Up to 30% before camp bonus is a hell of a lot.

-G

S

sparkus

It doesnt seem to have had the desired effect tho, Im sorry but apart from a few brave souls like yourself the frontiers except the portal keep zones are as dead as a dodo.

B

Brannor McThife

Originally posted by sparkus
It doesnt seem to have had the desired effect tho, Im sorry but apart from a few brave souls like yourself the frontiers except the portal keep zones are as dead as a dodo.
Don't blame the XP factor. This is due to: (a) most people knowing set routes to XP. Got to X dungeon for levels y-z, etc.

AND, blame the hunters, rangers and scouts and shadowzerglings for XP deaths that cause people to go elsewhere.

-G

F

Flimgoblin

You can gain faction with the mountain boogeys - but not sure if they are perma-aggro are not...

Boggarts are similar - they say you lose faction but they're permanently hostile, never go aggro (or so says Copper anyway :))

R

Roo Stercogburn

I lost count how many levels I solo'd as Roo on the Midgard frontier. A lot of places with interesting beasties, damned good cash, and hardly anything wearing tin or robes to be seen.

Some of the good mobs are conveniently close to keeps as well, which is very handy when that semi-visible mob you didn't notice notices you halfway through a pull ;)

G

Gerta Ugbash

You really didn't wanna be a snow crab or vendo in yggdra or uppland when I was leveling Gerta, think I saw a couple of invaders at crabs once but never seen any invaders near the Vendo Hut :)

But agreed Frontiers are dead other than at the MG's, Border gates and the rare old keep take. Have done a little around taken keeps, makes for a nice little bonus and generraly a bit safer due to guard routes.

I agree with Sparky though, the battles at the Undead Camp and such made for a good laugh, 16 peeps jumping a level 50.....

Priceless

Users who are viewing this thread