unsure about case

gunner440

Hey Daddy Altman
firstly i'm currently trying to decide between 2 cases:

coolermaster wavemaster
and
thermaltake xaser III

anyone have any experience with either or know someone with one?

on another note, does anyone know if a sound blaster audigy panel fits within the front door so it can shut properly?

thanks in advance

MrBlack

Fledgling Freddie
I'm all for practicality, but the Xaser's designlooks like the kind of thing a marketing executive comes up with when he's trying to be 'down with the kids' I think they actually think PC users will like having the case equivalent of a 'Wayne + Tracey' sticker. Cheesy in the Xtreme. See... I can be down with the kids by starting words with an X, too.

gunner440

Hey Daddy Altman
thanks so far for your help, much appreciated =)

id still like to know from first hand experience and how each perform

xaser has 7 fans
1 top exhaust
2 front intake
2 rear exhaust
2 side intakes

coolermaster has 3
2 front intake
1 rear exhaust
*additional 4th fan needed if you want a top exhaust

apparently both cool very well

xaser is cheaper + includes fan monitor which isnt that important but still a plus

the key issue here is whether the front doors will allow me to have an audigy panel fitted without preventing it from closing fully

Tom

I am a FH squatter
They're all massive ugly black noisy boxes. When will someone start thinking like Apple, and produce something that doesn't even need to do anything, for it to look stylish?

Clown

Part of the furniture
Two of the boxes have been reviewed as being alright for noise if you put the right equipment in it. I dunno about the Xaser though, as I didn't read up on it because the looks put me off it straight away.

The Sonata doesn't look that big, and the Wavemaster doesn't look that ugly to me.

I've never used a recent Apple though so bleh.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Tom said:
They're all massive ugly black noisy boxes. When will someone start thinking like Apple, and produce something that doesn't even need to do anything, for it to look stylish?

How about:

lianli_pc71.jpg

That's my case incidentally ;)

.Wilier.

One of Freddy's beloved
ahem

Your right about the cooling issues though, the flow is a bit shit, although there is the option to remove the IO panel aty the top and fit an exhaust fan in there.

NaveT

Fledgling Freddie
I have the Wavemaster and am very impressed in it, ableit a bit pricey.

Plus
Motherboard tray, can be pulled out.
Looks
Space
Front door hides, cdrom drives.
Haven't cut myself on it yet.

Minus
Price
Top IO is a bit cheap.

Doh_boy

Part of the furniture
I have a xaser 3 and it's very cold. :D

For some reason though the fan controlers don't seem to effect the speed of the fans. :/ (I'm probably doing something wrong.

I don't think it looks tacky :(

gunner440

Hey Daddy Altman
thanks doh boy and navet, much appreciated.

could you also please tell me if you can fit an audigy panel properly? i mean will the nobs get in the way of the door?

thats the one thing i havent been able to confirm so far :/

wyrd_fish

Fledgling Freddie
how big are the knobs?

i'm sure some one will posess both a wavemaster and a ruler

Clown

Part of the furniture
I have a nob for my Thermaltake PSU. It's pretty much centre of the 5 and whatever inch bays. It sticks out about 1cm. Someone wanna tell me if it will fit? If it won't then I'll just have to use the PCI nobbly thing :)

wyrd_fish

Fledgling Freddie
alternativly you could just buy hte case and sand teh knobs down abit if they don't fit

Doh_boy

Part of the furniture
I'm at work now so I'm not sure how much space but I'd guess around 1.5 cm's. The door is hollow and, as I said, around 1.5cm deep.

NaveT

Fledgling Freddie
Will check tonight...however if the audigy frontpanel has a IR port on it, you will not be able use it unless you open the door.

NaveT

Fledgling Freddie
Not much room at all.

The left hand side has about 3.5cm clearance, but this goes down to about 0.5cm by the time its got to the right hand side.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom