unreal engine 3 tech demos

Jonty

Fledgling Freddie
Unreal Engine 3.0 really is shaping up nicely :) It seems shader model 3.0 will be required for most of the fancy effects (GeForce 6 series and ATI's next generation beyond the x800/850 range), but I'm sure the engine will degrade nicely. Apparently many of the core features will also support multithreading via multicore CPUs as well as 64bit environments, so it's certainly forward looking in that respect. And if rumours are true, nVidia are working on a dual-core GPU, so it seems multithreading is the wave of the future :)

As for the engine, Epic have come a long way in the last few years ...

See the evolution of Malcolm

Kind Regards

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
When I tried it on a 9800 pro it was running at about 3 fps, so I'm not sure how much degradation they can manage. :p

Mazling

Can't get enough of FH
:puke:

Whoops, sorry about that. I'm blown away, along with all the other game engines that have come before it.

Jonty

Fledgling Freddie
It is pretty amazing :D The Unreal Technology site has most of the screenshots made available on it.

Apparently the first games to use the engine will be Epic's 'Gears of War' (working title) and Unreal Tournament 2006/7, as apparently there are no plans for any more UT200x games using the existing engine. And of course BioWare have licenced the technology, although I shudder to think how much a licence must cost :)

Kind Regards

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Hmm, it will count for nothing if they don't animate things correctly.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
This game puts a stake in the ground that says "i will definitely upgrade when this game/engine comes out".

A bit like HL2/CS:S did.

Yaka

Part of the furniture
Jonty said:
It is pretty amazing :D The Unreal Technology site has most of the screenshots made available on it.

Apparently the first games to use the engine will be Epic's 'Gears of War' (working title) and Unreal Tournament 2006/7, as apparently there are no plans for any more UT200x games using the existing engine. And of course BioWare have licenced the technology, although I shudder to think how much a licence must cost :)

Kind Regards

just been looking the pics on the site damn the new engine looks so good. makes you wonder wot type of machinma shorts/flims might come with that

Embattle

FH is my second home
Looks like its going to be another game with too much engine and not enough game ;)

<- Must change that avatar.

Frizz

Can't get enough of FH
Embattle said:
Looks like its going to be another game with too much engine and not enough game ;)

<- Must change that avatar.

What are you doing here? Long time, no see. :)

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Holy shit, looks like someone got themselves unbanned!

Embattle

FH is my second home
Hi gang, apparently the place needed some life breathed into it ;)

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I'd agree with that, this place is fast becoming 'caring sharing green car-hating PC loving house'

Bring back Dimebag and the rest tbh.

Frizz

Can't get enough of FH
Tom said:
I'd agree with that, this place is fast becoming 'caring sharing green car-hating PC loving house'

Bring back Dimebag and the rest tbh.

What, the people who insult until they get their way?

Frizz

Can't get enough of FH
Anime characters shooting beams of light out of their pussies wasn't particularly funny. :/

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Sir Frizz said:
Anime characters shooting beams of light out of their pussies wasn't particularly funny. :/

haha, but that quote was :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom