Unreal 3 Engine enhancements

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Damnit, just reminded me that i should load and learn to use the U-editor for work purposes....

liloe

It's my birthday today!
Damnit, just reminded me that i should load and learn to use the U-editor for work purposes....

Actually....no =) If you want to reproduce the levels of Unreal, you need to get familiar with 3D Max or Maya, cause that's what the level designers really use to do the hard parts. Just load the egyptian level in UT 2003 in the editor and check the coloumns =)

EDIT: Static meshes is the name I was looking for =)

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Actually....no =) If you want to reproduce the levels of Unreal, you need to get familiar with 3D Max or Maya, cause that's what the level designers really use to do the hard parts. Just load the egyptian level in UT 2003 in the editor and check the coloumns =)

Yes, i know. But i have to learn the editor, because many game companies use that for level design WITH 3dMAX(which i've used only for 15 years, 5-6years professionally) *grin*

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Yes, i know. But i have to learn the editor, because many game companies use that for level design WITH 3dMAX(which i've used only for 15 years, 5-6years professionally) *grin*

Really?? I demand a 3d rendered penis immediately!

Helme

Resident Freddy

As already mentioned by Toht, you still need to learn the UT editor to place said meshes on your map :p

You can make mountains/ground terrain and Wolfenstein 3d labyrinths without any knowledge of 3ds thou! :D

Personally, I much prefer Halflife's map editor to Unreal ED. Mainly because it's alot more logical when it comes to scripting and other effects. However, they are all very similar. Hell, if you know how to use 3ds you could learn UT ed in about a week of playing around.

liloe

It's my birthday today!

Heh ok, didn't know that =) But it's a common misconception that UT edit is click click level ^^

So with that kind of knowedge, UT edit is kinda easy. Only thing you'll have to learn is all the options, but hey, learning by doing. I liked it very much, but my problem is design. I fail at making small complex areas and instead do giant tunnels, which don't really make for a good map =))

There are awesome tutorials on the web but ooooofc I deleted the links when I stopped bothering about the editor. The best tutorial is the semi-free one by the designers. You can't access the whole content, but the open stuff is quite awesome already =)

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Aye, it should be a week or two of "intense" training with it and i could make my own level with own objects, but it's just the "time" problem.

Just can't seem to get to it ever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom