United States Corrupt Twattery

ECA

I am a FH squatter
We have a trump windpower thread and a uk general election thread.

tldr, super tuesday pt 2 today.

Bernie needs to win 2 states or more to stay semi realistic today, 3 would be huge and make him viable.

Trumps prob gonna win 4 today, if he wins Ohio it's huge and he's probably wrapped this shit up already.

Lakih

Resident Freddy
Trump winning the Republican nominee is the best thing that could happen to the Democrats tbh.
Anyone will look normal and sane compared to that nutjob, the politics will take second chair during this coming race i'm afraid.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Bernie didn't do enough last night, he needs ~58% of remaining delegates to take the nom.
He has some FBI equity though.

Barring the GOP fucking trump at the convention, he will have a plurality going in, he isnt quite gonna have a majority though.
He can offer Kasich the Veep spot though, in return for his delegates and a majority and a popular governor in a swing state... seems like the easy choice.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Trump vs Clinton, as everyone said at the start.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
At the start everyone doubted Trump would make it to first primary

For me the key question is will anti trump republicans vote for Trump as nominee or switch to Hilary, or not vote at all?

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Trump vs Clinton, as everyone said at the start.

U w0t m8.

At the start most of the political punditry was saying trump wouldn't last the summer, let alone make the first primary, then they though he'd fall off, like early winners have done before.
Literally 99% of the political commentary was assuming jeb bush was a lock in w/ rubio for veep.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
They were a year ago but as soon as events that actually had any bearing on anything started, Trump and Clinton have been nailed on.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Ah so not at the start, but some arbitrary point you want to decide on? :)

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Yeah, the start of the voting process. You know, when things actually matter as opposed to talking heads opinions.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Even then the consensus opinion was that jeb would still win. Keep moving the goal posts though.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Sanders is the only one who seems even remotely sane. The others are utter loonies.

People whinge in this country about "fucking Tories" and "loony Labour" but we have it easy compared to the idiots over there.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Trump is semi threatening riots if he doesn't win.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Sixteen years ago. Brings a whole new level to "Simpsons did it!"
847.jpg

SilverHood

FH is my second home
I have been toying with getting a "Let's make America great" hat, but there's a real possibility of getting assaulted while wearing it.

ECA

I am a FH squatter

Wonder if this'll get any traction.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Read the story, not just the headline.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Yep double standards, as pointed out in the article the uk law could be enforced from Westminster but is not either because of spineless politicians who don't want to rock the boat or because thereare no votes to be gained from it

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
You couldn't make it up, after denouncing Trump over abortion remarks, a girl gets 3 months for taking an abortion pill in the UK.

Today in the UK, a woman was sentenced for the crime of an abortion - yet we act outraged at Trump

Welcome to devolved government. NI is also the only place in the UK where gay marriage is illegal; so not only is it behind the rest of the UK its behind the Republic as well. But, that's what the people of NI want, on both sides of the sectarian divide. The people of this sceptic isle wanted local control of politics, because local control is great (apparently), but it also opens the door to the local bigots and their backwards bullshit. Fact is, if Westminster unilaterally imposed a ruling on NI, even though totally justified, there would be bricks flying on the Falls Road and the Shankhill 20 minutes later (even if most of the people throwing the bricks agreed with the ruling). Its not complacency that stops Westminster politicians getting involved, its understandable caution.

Job

I'll take a giant leap of snobbery here, but even as a child the violence in NI was mostly people in council houses throwing bricks at each other.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Please don't defend Trump by using Northern Ireland as an example of hypocrisy.

Job

Well anyway didn't see the old human rights lawyers getting involved, just abortion and womens rights, got more important things to do like earning millions defending migrant criminals.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom