United States Corrupt Twattery

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing

Problem is now that every time I see "Trump Implodes" headlines, and there have been several, I automatically think its just media wish fulfilment. I simply don't believe common sense will prevail any more.

Oh, and commenting on above, its not Trump's "evil" versus Hilary's "evil" that bothers me, its Trump's competence, ego and impulse control that terrify me. Its fairly obvious that any US president always ends up doing stuff the rest of us find shocking because they're usually barely in control of events when it comes to the military and the intelligence services anyway, but Trump's starting position is venal and sociopathic. I can at least imagine Hilary wrestling with her conscience about the decisions she has to make, I doubt Trump understands the concept of conscience.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Oh, and commenting on above, its not Trump's "evil" versus Hilary's "evil" that bothers me, its Trump's competence, ego and impulse control that terrify me. Its fairly obvious that any US president always ends up doing stuff the rest of us find shocking because they're usually barely in control of events when it comes to the military and the intelligence services anyway, but Trump's starting position is venal and sociopathic. I can at least imagine Hilary wrestling with her conscience about the decisions she has to make, I doubt Trump understands the concept of conscience.
Plus a complete lack of political experience and several failed ventures under his belt. But yeah, the impulse control thing especially. He apparently asked one of his foreign policy advisers why, if the US had nukes, they couldn't use them. It's a bit of a weak story (if this happened months ago why didn't it come to light months ago? Maybe it would've changed the result of the nomination) and it's not like no other Republican has ever mentioned using nukes, but still...

DaGaffer

Plus a complete lack of political experience and several failed ventures under his belt. But yeah, the impulse control thing especially. He apparently asked one of his foreign policy advisers why, if the US had nukes, they couldn't use them. It's a bit of a weak story (if this happened months ago why didn't it come to light months ago? Maybe it would've changed the result of the nomination) and it's not like no other Republican has ever mentioned using nukes, but still...

Ironically, his lack of political experience is a point in his favour for most of his supporters, and to a certain extent I can sympathise; professional politicians who've never been or done anything else are a malaise everywhere (Ed Milliband anyone?); historically there was a reason why politicians were older, it was because they'd usually had a career before politics that at least gave them some connection with real life. Problem with Trump is that he's never been connected with real life either, just for even worse reasons.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Sure, but going from no political experience whatsoever to probably the most powerful person in the world? Maybe if he listened to advice from those around him (who are more politically savvy) it would be a bit reassuring but that doesn't seem to be the case.

DaGaffer

Sure, but going from no political experience whatsoever to probably the most powerful person in the world? Maybe if he listened to advice from those around him (who are more politically savvy) it would be a bit reassuring but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Oh, I'm not saying I think his lack of political experience is a plus, but its definitely winning him supporters of the "throw the baby out with the bathwater" variety. The scourge of political elites needs to be addressed, but you don't do that by firebombing it with Donald Trump.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Trumps been fucking up for the last week and clinton is firmly back in the lead.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Talked to a lot of yanks whilst in LA for 3 weeks. This is the first presidential election where most people dislike both candidates. the general perception seems to be that the orange fecker will win. He won't get to do most of what he's been saying as it will be blocked by congress.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Jjust saw that. He is kinda advocating assassination lol

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
I'm starting believe the theories that he's actually best mates with Bill and he's just securing her election.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
I'm starting believe the theories that he's actually best mates with Bill and he's just securing her election.

What would give you that idea.

LPqf7IB.jpg

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
I want Trump to win so bad, just watching the liberals going into meltdown would be worth all the crazy shit.
John Oliver would probably shoot himself on TV.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
I want Hillary to start sabotaging her own campaign, and then then when everyone has cast their vote they both go on TV and say 'You're stupid.'

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
He is actually insane.

Very much so. And thankfully more and more republicans are starting to realize what an unmitigated disaster it would be to have him in the white house.

And now 50 former republican security experts from basically every security branch in the US have come out and said that Trump would be directly dangerous as a president..

His response? It's their fault the world is a mess.... >.<

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
He already bragged about watching that video as soon as he was deemed worthy of having access to confidential stuff. Then he made out like it was something and it was about something completely different. The guy is just a disaster. Just watching him speak is enough to want to never see him anywhere near a position of power.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
One of Hillarys campaign staff calling for Julian Assange to be assassinated.

Job

Now he's saying that Obama started Isis and supports them...which is kinda true in a sort of convoluted foreign policy/cloak and dagger sort of way.
The guy knows he can say anything...he has crossed over into evangalism now and will probably out the entire Democratic party as Sharia supporting commies from Mars near the election...I am just loving this.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
I wonder if he seeing how ridiculous he can be and still have a healthy support.

Either that or he just can't help being this way.

Talivar

Part of the furniture
Orchestrates Brexit, Endorses Trump, maybe Farage is the Anti Christ !!

Job

I did read an article that most of the crowd had no clue who he was, or why he was there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom