United States Corrupt Twattery

Wij

I am a FH squatter
And if he chooses to appeal, he has to put the money up front first. Which for a "billionaire" wouldn't be a problem, but we all know he isn't a billionaire. Well, at least intelligent people do - his supporters will continue to fund his grift.
Trump 2024 campaigns will pay for it.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Trump 2024 campaigns will pay for it.

Possibly, but that actually puts a big dent in Trump's fund. Forecast spend for 2024 is $2.7billion across Trump & Biden's campaign funds; so if that's 50/50 then $450 million in fines is a full third of Trump's campaign funding gone from the start. And we don't know what's still to come.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
And if he chooses to appeal, he has to put the money up front first. Which for a "billionaire" wouldn't be a problem, but we all know he isn't a billionaire. Well, at least intelligent people do - his supporters will continue to fund his grift.
As I understand it, he has to put the money up within 30 days either way (ie he has to pay the fine if he's not appealing). If he appeals he has to put more up (at least 110%) and, while he's sworn under oath that he has $400m in cash on hand (so add perjury to the pile of charges if he can't produce it), this and the E Jean Carroll payout come to more than that...

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Or he'll become the Republican Party candidate and then use all their funds to pay his legal fees. I can imagine the Arrrec Barwin sketches now of him taking money from a cash machine....

DaGaffer

Or he'll become the Republican Party candidate and then use all their funds to pay his legal fees. I can imagine the Arrrec Barwin sketches now of him taking money from a cash machine....

GOP has their own money problems:

This is the thing about Trump, there's this big gap between MAGA and the rest of the Republican base; they hold their nose because they believe Trump is their only electable candidate but it still doesn't stop lots of more old fashioned conservatives (the ones with money) from keeping their cash in their pockets.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Saying the quiet part out loud. Obvs as usual MAGAs will claim it’s just humour despite the fact that the audience was applauding, not laughing. Anyway, their brand of sky-fairy needs to override stupid democracy:

View: https://twitter.com/rpsagainsttrump/status/1760780642671845629?s=61&t=iv1E1O7hVRuRm0TFdyUzyw

What a bunch of fuckheads :)

What's great about America though is that they're allowed to say this, to organise into groups of like-minded, to persuade - all out in the open.

A couple of things come to mind - that it makes it easy to see what they're saying and we can organise against them. Like-minded supporters of democracy can, and do, do similar. At least we can see the threat that is always there.

Second, if some smart cookie comes up with an idea that is better than democracy, it can catch on, it can spread, and it can't be snuffed out by an oppressive government that realises an existential threat.

It's good to be able to see these wankers for what they are :)

DaGaffer

So Trump can't make the bond to cover the judgement in the fraud case (which he needed to do if he wanted to continue to contest the ruling). So what's next? Trump Tower gets seized?

Wij

I am a FH squatter
So Trump can't make the bond to cover the judgement in the fraud case (which he needed to do if he wanted to continue to contest the ruling). So what's next? Trump Tower gets seized?

Bailiffs. Big aggro cunting bailiffs.

Like wot everyone else would get.

SilverHood

FH is my second home
They'll probably sell it like that. But it'll be like sanctions on Russia - probably a big nothingburger.

This is a NY court. They don't fuck about. They'll seize his assets, but it doesn't look like there's that much to seize, according to this article. Certainly not $500+ million worth. Going after his non NY holdings may be the next step, but that's a bit trickier, especially if he's protected by the local courts there.
What Real Estate Does Trump Own in NYC Anyway?

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
He will just straight up ask his moronic cult to stump up for it, he may well get it too.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
90% of his estate will be hidden in offshore holdings somewhere. Just like with every other rich person on the planet.

They can only go after what they find out about.

SilverHood

FH is my second home
Biggest risk is that stuff is seized and then he wins in November. Who wants to own the confiscated property of a current US president who has already shown he gives no fucks about the law, or anyone else.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
a current US president who has already shown he gives no fucks about the law, or anyone else.
You mean Biden?

Circumventing the US laws prohibiting sale of weapons to countries that are suspected of committing genocide or war crimes?

Just sayin' ;)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Yass is also a major supporter of Israeli rightwing thinktanks.

Dem pesky Palestinians are proper fooked (assuming any are still alive by the election).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom