United 93

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Regardless of the objectivity (or supposed conspiracy theories) surrounding the events depicted in this film, I strongly urge everybody to get hold of it, and watch it.

I've never been quite so frightened by anything I've seen on the screen. My T-shirt is dripping with sweat, and my arms are honestly shaking quietly at what I've just seen. The buildup to what we all know happened is intense, but when 'it' actually happened I was as surprised to see it occur as I was when it did in real life - and both times it was from the comfort of an armchair.

Its completely absorbing, and not a film I'll forget soon. If you must have a comparison, think about how 24 is directed, how stressful some of the scenes can be, and imagine that they really happened, and then imagine that theres no happy ending, and that the messages of love towards the end were real people expressing real emotions and real sentiment.

Best film I've seen this year, no doubt.

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
Watched it last weekend and didn't find it that great (sorry to say)

Im a sucker for true-movies there is something about watching a film and knowing the sequence of events actually happened that appeals.

But IMO a movie has to have characters and U93 doesn't really build any it would (and has) been the subject of many great documentaries but it just didnt fit well as a movie for me.

Aada

Part of the furniture
Tom said:
Regardless of the objectivity (or supposed conspiracy theories) surrounding the events depicted in this film, I strongly urge everybody to get hold of it, and watch it.

I've never been quite so frightened by anything I've seen on the screen. My T-shirt is dripping with sweat, and my arms are honestly shaking quietly at what I've just seen. The buildup to what we all know happened is intense, but when 'it' actually happened I was as surprised to see it occur as I was when it did in real life - and both times it was from the comfort of an armchair.

Its completely absorbing, and not a film I'll forget soon. If you must have a comparison, think about how 24 is directed, how stressful some of the scenes can be, and imagine that they really happened, and then imagine that theres no happy ending, and that the messages of love towards the end were real people expressing real emotions and real sentiment.

Best film I've seen this year, no doubt.

Me and my girlfriend refused to watch it as we were disgusted someone would cash in on 9.11 even if they did give any of the proceeds too the victims which i saw no mention of.

Especially when the whole thing is a blatant cover up but thats another story.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom