Rant Underworld..

Mey

Part of the furniture
Absolute tosh, never since Titanic have I been so bored with cliche'd story lines and poorly delivered dialog. Many a time in the cinema I wanted to stand up and shout, "Tonight we dine in hell" or "NO!!!!! THIS IS SPARTA!".

I wouldn't recommand anyone spends money to watch this film, unless of course you are having trouble sleeping, it'll work for that one, and what the f*** did they do to the blood effects? Totally did not suit the style of cinematic they were using.

I've complied a list of films that I think Underworld tried to steal ideas from, rather badly.

300, Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, Dungeon siege (also terrible), Tristan and Isolde (without the decent story line) and finally Pathfinder (also crap.)

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
isnt underworld the one where Kate Beckinsale runs around in a skin tight leather suit?

so thats one thing in its favour surely

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Is there;

A: Latex outfits?
B: Ample breasted women kicking ass?
C: Vampires and werewolves?

If all three answers are yes, i have nohing to complain.

By the way, i found pathfinder to be cr*p due to the utter disgusting viking potrayal.

Mey

Part of the furniture
Which is why I said pathfinder was crap too but it was something underworld tried to copy from.

Kate isn't in the new one (iirc). The main vampire bird wears chain mail most of the time, although there is one sex scene where you see abit of flesh but no tit (it's an 18 ffs wheres my boobies! lol)!

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Rather shame that Katey ain't in it, but...will have to see. Afterall, at it's crappiest, ain't anything else in that genre at the moment :(

Afran

Part of the furniture
The first 2 of the series were really good imo ;o Not seen third

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
Rhona Mitra has taken over the lead actress for the third Underworld film. You might remmeber her as the pretty one that got raped in "Hollow Man" and the main character in "Doomsday". She was also the body of Lara Croft in the early days of Eidos' marketing.
underworld3-3.jpg

Okay so she's not as good looking as Kate Beckinsale in leathaaahhhh... but a woman kicking ass with a sword gives me wood. :)

Laddey

FH is my second home
its not erm rise of the lycrans or whatever its called?

If it is, thanks for the heads up Meygey

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
I heard that Laddey is a cnut.

I'd like to verify this claim by saying, yes it is true.

pikeh

Resident Freddy
Apparently, they put Kate Beckinsale on the film poster so people got the impression she was in it, but it turned out to be this Rhona chick.

Thanks for the heads up. The GF was keen to go and see this, so thank fuck for Mark Kermode and Mey! :)

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
It's not kate bekinsales character though, it's set in the past before she was turned is it not?

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
Beckinsdale character was Selene, Mitra's is called Sonja

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Rhona Mitra has taken over the lead actress for the third Underworld film. You might remmeber her as the pretty one that got raped in "Hollow Man" and the main character in "Doomsday". She was also the body of Lara Croft in the early days of Eidos' marketing.
underworld3-3.jpg

Okay so she's not as good looking as Kate Beckinsale in leathaaahhhh... but a woman kicking ass with a sword gives me wood. :)

Now this i did not know. Given, i haven't checked up on the movie due to spoiler frenzy running amock at everything these days, but this is actually good news.

Couldn't find a better replacement really.

Well, unless they brought in Milla, but that would've taken a lot more changes.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
toht, see above, she is not a replacement, she is a different character.

Mey

Part of the furniture
Kate technically appears in the film, right at the very end, as per the start of Underworld.

Dahakon

Fledgling Freddie
I loved the first 2 films, gonna see this one as well as I like crappy vampire films. I just happen to have no taste in films at times xD

Also, new lead character girl looks HOT

Ezteq

Queen of OT
tbh i saw the first one at the cinema and was dead excited you know werewolves...vampires well hay theres a great combo! but it was shit! i was amazed how crap it was, its like how can a movie with werewolves and vampires be shit??...oh yeah because they have they using machine guns instead of their undead powers Oo

never have i been so dissapointed (well there was this one time when i was about 16 pulled this whopper of a guy with a ...well you can guess, that was a let down tbh.)

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Thanks for the heads up, was gonna go see it this week. I'll wait for the download instead :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom