Underwater Abuse!

Oboy

Fledgling Freddie
Nate said:
i see the point that strafing / run through are on the same level as this, if people get banned for walking backwards to avoid side styles / back styles they should also ban the strafe / run through players?

u still get hits in, in this case u cant hit him at all

Gustav

One of Freddy's beloved
Oboy said:
so i cant hit u and u can hit me is utilising game mechanics? its a clear break of the eula and theres no excuse for it, u must notice me not beeing able to hit u. If u do this in for example AC to xp u get temp banned, u deserve a more harsh punish like a rp reset or something.
Btw ur stupid reply just made me report to goa, lucky i saved some screens , enjoy ur punishment whatever it will be

You were hitting and did hit me mate. I've never ever seen ppl not able to hit me while I do this. They always still hit me. I don't know anything abt being out of range while I can hit you, as every time I do this even the ppl on /stick can hit me. All I know is I won't get an OOV message while I try this tactic on straffers.

Oboy

Fledgling Freddie
Gustav said:
You were hitting and did hit me mate. I've never ever seen ppl not able to hit me while I do this. They always still hit me. I don't know anything abt being out of range while I can hit you, as every time I do this even the ppl on /stick can hit me. All I know is I won't get an OOV message while I try this tactic on straffers.

i get a not in range msg, althou im right in front of u in attack range on my screen. Cant do much just die and /rel. Must be real fun winning this way, bet u getting a hard on from it.

Gustav

One of Freddy's beloved
my advice to you Oboy is that you don't /stick to me and start fighting, start sprinting. Then use your forward arrow instead of your spam of <Q> and <W>. Then you and I are on a level playing field. You can't straffe or runthorugh me so I get out of view message, we both aren't using the /stick feature so we have to concentrate a little more and use more skill to fight. Problem solved.

The /stick feature isn't your friend in these instances, and it won't let you spam other buttons while ignoring the enemy movement part of the game, stay face to face with your opponent. I have to concentrate really hard to avoid ppl who straffe. I want them to have to do them same if they feel they have to resort to the tactic.

Oboy

Fledgling Freddie
Gustav said:
my advice to you Oboy is that you don't /stick to me and start fighting, start sprinting. Then use your forward arrow instead of your spam of <Q> and <W>. Then you and I are on a level playing field. You can't straffe or runthorugh me so I get out of view message, we both aren't using the /stick feature so we have to concentrate a little more and use more skill to fight. Problem solved.
first i dont run thrue or strafe, the only one strafing in that fight was u so i missed my cd, my suggest to u is that u stop using that abuse of yours and try fight fair, but i guess its to hard for a rr10 to kill rr3-4 in a normal way, its either abusing bugs or RA dumping, kina sad actually:wanker:

Gustav

One of Freddy's beloved
Oboy said:
first i dont run thrue or strafe, the only one strafing in that fight was u so i missed my cd, my suggest to u is that u stop using that abuse of yours and try fight fair, but i guess its to hard for a rr10 to kill rr3-4 in a normal way, its either abusing bugs or RA dumping, kina sad actually:wanker:

I refer you to my previous post. Re-read it and take my advice. See you out there, and I'll look forward to our fights. :)

DeadOnArrival

Loyal Freddie
Devilseye said:
was this hunter perhaps Gustav? if so.. i saw it happening.. you barely managed to hit him while he + avatar did hit you

what fukkinG attitUde iS thaT to tAke u Vermin scum. I aint naming or shaming anyone. Thanks for your comments peeps, especially Stav.

Alexandrinus

Fledgling Freddie
Oboy said:
so i cant hit u and u can hit me is utilising game mechanics? its a clear break of the eula and theres no excuse for it, u must notice me not beeing able to hit u. If u do this in for example AC to xp u get temp banned, u deserve a more harsh punish like a rp reset or something.
Btw ur stupid reply just made me report to goa, lucky i saved some screens , enjoy ur punishment whatever it will be
mate you a noob ,there is only one thing to make --> sprint after him and you will get him.:flame:
tell why should walking backward on sprint be bug abusing....?:twak:

auroria

Banned
i always back off whereever i fight, to avoid getting runthrough'ed and strafed sidestyles etc

Congax

Fledgling Freddie
auroria said:
i always back off whereever i fight, to avoid getting runthrough'ed and strafed sidestyles etc

You dirty little strafer :<

:p

Gondath

Fledgling Freddie
DeadOnArrival said:
Last night I was fighting a Hunter underwater near DC (hib-emain). He was facing me and swimming backwards and i couldnt land a single style on him even though i was stuck to him.

Is this:-

A) An acceptable method of play from a defensive melee point of view

B) Something i have missed, you can actuall swim backwards faster than you can forwards?

C) Some form of Bug Abuse

If the answer is C), would you reccomend that i issue the vidcap i took of the player to rightnow?

Regards as always

C*

Regardless of whether it is actually a bug or not, the mechanic is the problem, not the player playing the game. I'll be damned if I'm gonna have anyone tell me I may not move my character (by using nothing but my normal movement controls) in a certain pattern or scenario just because it implicitly touches a bug in the game.

It's just the same thing as with moving unencombered at low health while in water... many will call that fishy, and it certainly sounds like unintended from Mythic's side, but it's still not the responsibility of each individual player to make sure you don't play in a fashion that exploits (knowingly or not) an inuntended game mechanic.

Gondath

Fledgling Freddie
DeadOnArrival said:
had ml breathe up, was under water and he was moving backwards and i couldnt touch him, i was under the impression that you move backwards slower than you do moving forwards in or out of water...

In this particular scenario it sounds a lot more like normal lag than anything else.

Devilseye

Fledgling Freddie
tbh. i only walk backwards if the enemy is fecking around with his <Q> & <E> or forward/backward..
but normaly.. no. i just stand still. and, well... lets see who wins :)
Altho i do freak out time to time when fighting a shield tank in the last split secs of a fight thinking/hoping <dont block.. dont block!!>.. which sometimes results in a luri NS flying about the place to get beyond the shield ;)
theres the reason why i hate fighting tanks.. fight is always very long. & Very close, unless i screw up ;)

Alexandrinus

Fledgling Freddie
yes then play a tank wich has no good anytime style like VW's atm.
stand there and push buttons rofl

Nix

Fledgling Freddie
Gondath said:
In this particular scenario it sounds a lot more like normal lag than anything else.

It's not lag, it's a (buggy) feature in /stick. If you stick a player who is backing up in water, you get "too far away" messages. Some players use this to their advantage on purpose, and it doesn't require sprinting to work.

I bet it isn't meant to work that way. I tried it on mobs too, and I think it works with them, have to do some more testing with that though. If it really works on them, I'd say it's definitely a bug.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom