Underwater Abuse!

DeadOnArrival

Loyal Freddie
Last night I was fighting a Hunter underwater near DC (hib-emain). He was facing me and swimming backwards and i couldnt land a single style on him even though i was stuck to him.

Is this:-

A) An acceptable method of play from a defensive melee point of view

B) Something i have missed, you can actuall swim backwards faster than you can forwards?

C) Some form of Bug Abuse

If the answer is C), would you reccomend that i issue the vidcap i took of the player to rightnow?

Regards as always

C*

Illtar

Fledgling Freddie
exploiting water suface to swim faster as a escape method is considered a bug abuse, think it was in the news/grab bag not too long ago..

Zoia

Can't get enough of FH
Illtar said:
exploiting water suface to swim faster as a escape method is considered a bug abuse, think it was in the news/grab bag not too long ago..
I don't think it is. The rr10ish SB that got banned on US servers, apparently for abusing that bug, was banned for other reasons according to Mythic.
They can't ban people for moving under water or on the surface.

I got a PM once from someone i fought on my zerker. He had given me a /rude after i died and wanted to tell me why.
He gave me a /rude cause he thought i had abused the other waterbug to get away from him faster than normal.
When we were fighting under water, he kept walking backwards just like he had done in our first fight, making me get target out of range and if lucky get some unstyled hits in.
I thought "screw this" and used charge to get back to land and continue the fight there. I obviously didn't charge away soon enough. :p
I don't think he knew i was getting target out of range though, but kinda funny to get accused for bugabusing when i was only trying to get away from it. ;)

Edit: Found the post on the Herald, which i believe was posted after that SB got banned and there had been a lot of fuzz about it on VN, cause people thought he got banned for bugabuse.
http://www.camelotherald.com/more/2239.shtml

DeadOnArrival

Loyal Freddie
Infanity said:
Hes using wather breath and your not ;< ?
had ml breathe up, was under water and he was moving backwards and i couldnt touch him, i was under the impression that you move backwards slower than you do moving forwards in or out of water...

Chronictank

FH is my second home
DeadOnArrival said:
had ml breathe up, was under water and he was moving backwards and i couldnt touch him, i was under the impression that you move backwards slower than you do moving forwards in or out of water...
dont think thats the case on the surface of the water, but i may be wrong i havent logged on in a good few months :)

Nate

FH is my second home
maybe this bug is fixed next patch with the fix on out of range combat?

1.84c

- Fixed the issue in which players were erroneously receiving the message: “Your target is too far away” while engaging in melee combat.

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
The swimming backwards thing is abuse...if you do it deliberately to escape enemies it's against the rules...I've known at least one well-known skald given a ban for it.

Zagg

Fledgling Freddie
It's a bug with /stick under water, but hard to proove it is deliberate abuse... . You can't really ban someone for swimming backwards, can you?

It's also not true, like many claim, that the abuser is swimming backwards faster, than you can swim forward. As soon as you unstick and swim on your own, you will easily swim thru the person backing up.

The bug can be countered by following the person manualy, i.e. pressing the forward button a bit each hit... but it would be better ofc, if Mythic would just fix it :p

Void959

Fledgling Freddie
AFAIK everyone swims at the same speed forwards and backwards underwater, so it would be like a like a tank /sticking every target who's running away in a land fight and expecting to hit them. Even if they have a good connection they won't be able to much of the time because of the stupid amount of server lag these days, you have to run in to the target to be sure.

Kinag

Part of the furniture
I've had Pip do this to me once if I recall correctly, didn't understand why on earth I couldn't attack him under water when he was moving backwards and I was moving forwards with stick :p

pip

Banned
Kinag said:
I've had Pip do this to me once if I recall correctly, didn't understand why on earth I couldn't attack him under water when he was moving backwards and I was moving forwards with stick :p
It is soulj abilty lvl 2 its not cheating it is a ra abilty:) you can move just as fast backwards as going forward:)

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH
Damn, thought this thread was gonna be about heavy petting in public swimming pools, how dissappointing.

Puppet

Part of the furniture
pip said:
It is soulj abilty lvl 2 its not cheating it is a ra abilty:) you can move just as fast backwards as going forward:)

If you deliberatly do it to avoid being hit (which is almost always the case) its something which is abuse and if you get investigated you can expect some slap on the wrist.

Just face it: You are only doing it to avoid getting hit, its not something 'you didnt know'.

-Freezingwiz-

Fledgling Freddie
Puppet said:
If you deliberatly do it to avoid being hit (which is almost always the case) its something which is abuse and if you get investigated you can expect some slap on the wrist.

Just face it: You are only doing it to avoid getting hit, its not something 'you didnt know'.

isn't ppl only walking backwards to avoid ppl useing sidestyles and run trough or did I miss something :eek7:

Alexandrinus

Fledgling Freddie
Zoia said:
I don't think it is. The rr10ish SB that got banned on US servers, apparently for abusing that bug, was banned for other reasons according to Mythic.
They can't ban people for moving under water or on the surface.

I got a PM once from someone i fought on my zerker. He had given me a /rude after i died and wanted to tell me why.
He gave me a /rude cause he thought i had abused the other waterbug to get away from him faster than normal.
When we were fighting under water, he kept walking backwards just like he had done in our first fight, making me get target out of range and if lucky get some unstyled hits in.
I thought "screw this" and used charge to get back to land and continue the fight there. I obviously didn't charge away soon enough. :p
I don't think he knew i was getting target out of range though, but kinda funny to get accused for bugabusing when i was only trying to get away from it. ;)

Edit: Found the post on the Herald, which i believe was posted after that SB got banned and there had been a lot of fuzz about it on VN, cause people thought he got banned for bugabuse.
http://www.camelotherald.com/more/2239.shtml

ok this fight was against me...
think we where both a little bit disturbet after it,think he was first charging away from me on low health and i was sprinting after him (yes i confess im using 2minutes end pots very often i hate to get outrunned) and my snare didnt work
---->so i thought he was water bug abusing

then he came back in the water i was still on sprint and tried to get my defensive styles on him and now it looks like i was out of range sometimes for him
---->so he thought i was water bug abusing

Zagg

Fledgling Freddie
-Freezingwiz- said:
isn't ppl only walking backwards to avoid ppl useing sidestyles and run trough or did I miss something :eek7:

But... ppl walking backward don't avoid sidestyles or run through. If anything it makes them much more calculable.

-Freezingwiz-

Fledgling Freddie
Zagg said:
But... ppl walking backward don't avoid sidestyles or run through. If anything it makes them much more calculable.

hmm k, I always walk backwards if ppl try to use sidestyles or run trough me and just turn around while walking backwards to avoid em from getting em off.

pip

Banned
Puppet said:

Well I did not implement the abilty :( don't fight em in the water then? I run with it on all the time why shouldn't I use it ? I earnt it:twak: and I allways go backwards in fights even on land with hunter,so how can they say it is cheating when they give us the abilty?

Alexandrinus

Fledgling Freddie
against a enemy with 2 Hands or very fast weaponspeed its very effective to go backward and sprint or strafe on him---->you minimise the contact to him wich helps the one with less weaponspeed, and there is still the possibility to do a run through with stun or kite.
/but dont tell everybody psssssst

Puppet

Part of the furniture
pip said:
Well I did not implement the abilty :( don't fight em in the water then? I run with it on all the time why shouldn't I use it ? I earnt it:twak: and I allways go backwards in fights even on land with hunter,so how can they say it is cheating when they give us the abilty?

You earned it to have a massive unfair advantage by using something which isnt fair to begin with ?

You didnt implement emote-spamming either. They did give you the ability to do so, so by that reasoning that's also allowed... even XP'ing standing in spots the mobs cannot hit you.

As you see that reasoning is quite flawed. Within your reasoning its perfectly fine to do *everything* the game allows you to do.

Devilseye

Fledgling Freddie
was this hunter perhaps Gustav? if so.. i saw it happening.. you barely managed to hit him while he + avatar did hit you

Gustav

One of Freddy's beloved
Devilseye said:
was this hunter perhaps Gustav? if so.. i saw it happening.. you barely managed to hit him while he + avatar did hit you

well i pop an end regen and perma sprint while walking backwards in as many fights as I can....land or sea. Its the best thing to do to counter all the straffing crap I see. I try to land hinder/snare style to slow ppl down and let my pet eat u. Then at times when I swing I stop or move forward to hit you.

Cheating? I'm not sure. Will accept the ban if its that's the case and then upon my return will not do it again. But as long as I have end and my enemies straff then its the best thing I can think of to counter ppl jumping everywhere and running through so i get oov messages.

Oboy

Fledgling Freddie
Devilseye said:

this dude have done this to me aswell, i coudnt hit him, getting "ur target is to far away" msg while he hits for 400+, quite sad that a rr10 or whatever hunter have to abuse just not to loose against a rr3 infil. Cba to report do as goa wont do shit against it.

Oboy

Fledgling Freddie
Gustav said:
Cheating? I'm not sure. Will accept the ban if its that's the case and then upon my return will not do it again. But as long as I have end and my enemies straff then its the best thing I can think of to counter ppl jumping everywhere and running through so i get oov messages.

what a sad excuse for abusing bugs in a video game, cant stand to loose hey? :twak:

Gustav

One of Freddy's beloved
Oboy said:
what a sad excuse for abusing bugs in a video game, cant stand to loose hey? :twak:

Then I assume I did this to you becos you probably straffe a lot. As I said, its a good way to sprint and move backwards to avoid my oppenents from <cough cough> using skills to win fights. Of course straffing isn't bug abusing, its utilising game mechanics to your advantage. Hmmm that sounds strangely familiar....

Nate

FH is my second home
i see the point that strafing / run through are on the same level as this, if people get banned for walking backwards to avoid side styles / back styles they should also ban the strafe / run through players?

Oboy

Fledgling Freddie
Gustav said:
Then I assume I did this to you becos you probably straffe a lot. As I said, its a good way to sprint and move backwards to avoid my oppenents from <cough cough> using skills to win fights. Of course straffing isn't bug abusing, its utilising game mechanics to your advantage. Hmmm that sounds strangely familiar....

so i cant hit u and u can hit me is utilising game mechanics? its a clear break of the eula and theres no excuse for it, u must notice me not beeing able to hit u. If u do this in for example AC to xp u get temp banned, u deserve a more harsh punish like a rp reset or something.
Btw ur stupid reply just made me report to goa, lucky i saved some screens , enjoy ur punishment whatever it will be

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom