Help under paid

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
posted sometime ago i was late paid.

new problem now. Ive done 4 full weeks of work, which is 184 hours. i clock in and out at work on the card with my name on it and i do it correctly.
ive been underpaid for 34.5 hours.
i work through an agency. they say the factory tells them what number of hours ive done.

whats my rights with how quick it needs sorting etc?

Kryten

Old Cow.
First port of call just speak to the agency involved, let them know your intentions; you've worked a set amount of hours and been underpaid, if they wont do anything about it, you'll be getting legal advice. See what they say then.

tris-

i phoned the agfency but the guy casual stated to me the payroll lady is not back untill monday, would it be fine if i just wait?
can i claim interest on the unpaid money, since it is being unlawfully deducted?

rynnor

Rockhound
Presumably you have a contract with the agency rather than the factory - as long as you have fulfilled your side of the contract the agency must do theirs.

In your shoes I'd try the nice way then the slightly more threatening communication mentioning breach of contract and see how it goes?

Worst comes to the worst as long as you have some proof of working those hours (i.e. the card) then you could take em through the small claims procedure but hopefully it wont come to that.

tris-

Presumably you have a contract with the agency rather than the factory - as long as you have fulfilled your side of the contract the agency must do theirs.

In your shoes I'd try the nice way then the slightly more threatening communication mentioning breach of contract and see how it goes?

Worst comes to the worst as long as you have some proof of working those hours (i.e. the card) then you could take em through the small claims procedure but hopefully it wont come to that.

ie got witnesses who seen me in work everyday with them. they keep the cards.

rynnor

Rockhound
i phoned the agfency but the guy casual stated to me the payroll lady is not back untill monday, would it be fine if i just wait?
can i claim interest on the unpaid money, since it is being unlawfully deducted?

I wouldnt start demanding interest just try and stay polite but business and speak to them on monday.

Is there another agency with staff at that site? If so you might want to look at working for them - you wouldnt be breaking contract if your original agency arent paying as per the contract.

tris-

I wouldnt start demanding interest just try and stay polite but business and speak to them on monday.

Is there another agency with staff at that site? If so you might want to look at working for them - you wouldnt be breaking contract if your original agency arent paying as per the contract.

yeh and its better pays but apparently they wont take people off another agency in the same place.

rynnor

Rockhound
yeh and its better pays but apparently they wont take people off another agency in the same place.

Well theres generally a contract clause between the agency and the factory that restricts their staff from changing allegiance but still might be worth talking to the other agency and saying that your original agency has breached your contract by not paying you.

tris-

phoned the payroll bloke in the factory to see how the hours work out.

this is what he told me. a shift rotation is from sunday morning to saturday night.
week ending june 7th, in that period i worked 4x11.5

week ending june 14th i did 3x11.5

week ending june 21st i worked i did 3x11.5

week ending 28th i did 3x11.5

5th july 3x11.5

maybe its thje way im looking at it. as far as im concerned i work 46 hours a week in the month of june i did 15 shifts at 11.5 hours. which is more than 12 shifts i was paid for.

the hours in each shift week add up to 16 shifts, not 12!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom