Uncharted: Drakes Fortune

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
I started playing this today, it really is top class.

I am now playing this, cod4, mass effect and burnout at the same time. I really should learn to finish a game before starting a new one :/

Yaka

Part of the furniture
not finished mass effect yet?

shit yous started it way before me,

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
I have a really bad habit of getting bored quickly, I tend to finish games in a few sittings, over a few months. Still got to do the last third of bioshock :p

Yaka

Part of the furniture
not got round to playing bioshock, cod4 and Gt5 prologure properly yet yet, i used to be like you when i had ps2/xbox i still buy same amout of games just finish one then ebay it then move on to another.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
I'm at 93% completion on Crushing Mode. If I can just get through the church the rest should be a breeze and I'll bag a tasty plat trophy. Been playing it a week now. Well worth a tenner for the game and the plat adds to my ePeen nicely :D

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Haha - finished on Crushing and got the plat. I rock :)

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
I was in the church for ages, had to leave it for 2 weeks b4 i could be arsed to go back to it

Wij

I am a FH squatter
I did it by saving the best weapons (including sniper) until after the first wave. Even though the first wave has more enemy snipers.

I then aquired the sniper rifle, some more pistol ammo got near the back (whilst staying in mainly in cover from the one sniper I left) and pistoled the last sniper. After that I legged it out of the church and sniped freely at the incoming second wave who WILL flank you and charge you given half a chance. finished off the stragglers with pistol and I didn't even have to make a mad dash back into the church for ammo or brutal combo any of em.

Sweet :)

Yaka

Part of the furniture
nice one, im gonna go back to it and try and get plat as well at somepoint

Wij

I am a FH squatter
btw - my tips are for doing the church on chapter 20. You also fight there earlier (don't remember which chapter) but that was easy :)

The youtube vids by FourSwordsLord give you some good tips on how to fight on Crushing difficulty. Only takes about 6 hours to do.

Apparently Uncharted 2 is much easier on Crushing. Will consider it when it's about £15 new/2nd-hand :)

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Struggling to get into this at the moment, not too far in but finding the whole experience quite clunky, particularly combat. Don't really get all the love for this at all, it's a very standard game atm. Does it get better? Near the end of chapter 5 and very unmoved by the whole experience.

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Uncharted 1 is a little dated now (bear in mind it was released in 2007 i think), 2 takes all those little issues and improves them
Still worth a play through the story, humour etc.. were all top draw imo, in 1 the combat system was a bit clunky you are right but they iron that out in the sequel

Apparently Uncharted 2 is much easier on Crushing. Will consider it when it's about £15 new/2nd-hand :)
I found it easier tbh, but then i played them back to back and the control in 2 is so much better that it may be why

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Don't understand that. If anything I found the combat more fun in 1. I rarely use the cover system though. I just hide behind things and use R3 to change handedness. Maybe the clunkiness is related to the cover.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Possibly, I'll try and be a bit more free range in my approach and see how that goes.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Gone back to it, think it's pretty average rubbish to be honest. Control and combat is terrible, and that's the main part of the game.

Not pleased, very disappointed.

Yaka

Part of the furniture
suprised you think its that bad, its not as polished as 2 but still good, gets bteer later on

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
It feels, control and combat-wise, nearly identical to Headhunter 2 on PS2.

In comparison to other third person action games like Vanquish and Batman it's an absolute mile behind, really doesn't compare.

Don't think I trust the series to get 2: I tried the demo months ago and wasn't plussed with it then, so I think Uncharted can fuck off now probably. Might give it another go at a later date but for now I've started ACII instead, and that's already better and I'm only about 30 mins in.

megadave

I am a FH squatter
I didn't think it was great as everyone else seemingly does. I found the combat entirely dull, and the climbing lost it's fun after a while.

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
Reminds me of games like Dragon's Lair - lots of shiney but no proper gameplay

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Is 3 cheap now?

Mind I've got about 10 ps3 games to finish first. Never have kids. They proper get in the way of gaming. Jobs too.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Never really played the MGS games much. I want to play not watch!

Was more referring to the on-rails gameplay than any overuse of cutscene. No idea if MGS4 subscribed to the concept of game plays you.

Yaka

Part of the furniture
mgs4 is preety good, as for 3 it looks spectacular some scenes and set pieces are jaw dropping. just story wise and game play wise some elements arnt explored. still a damn good game tho worth noting the core crew behind the 1st and 2nd unchartered games wernt part of the team that did 3. they began working on The Last of Us

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
Is 3 cheap now?

I paid £24.99 from Amazon about 2 months ago, (still that price now) whereas Tesco's were still trying to sell it fo £42.00 last week

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom