News Unbelievable

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
And you know enough about this woman's mental state to assertively claim she's medically fit to stand trial yeah?

Lol.

Cemeterygates

Can't get enough of FH
I see what your saying Wazz, but come on dude...

Phsychotic fraudster? I think not, more likely a case of "I've been a piss taking cunt and I'm ashamed and flustered at the fact of being held accountable for my actions". Anyone would be stressed at being caught out and getting a slapping for it...

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Ah yes, the old "someone's done something wrong so their depression (rated and considered by a third party psychologist, who knows fuckloads more than you or I) must be bullshit" accusation.

Cemeterygates

Can't get enough of FH
Going by the story that's after the act....so therefore she did it knowingly...no?

I can fully understand the "mental state" thing with some stuff, being completely batshit insane is one thing, but being stressed out and depressed AFTER the incident doesn't make it ok.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
So you think she should be put on trial given the supposedly large suicide risk? Or should, like a sensible justice system would do (and is doing), wait until a more appropraite time for trial can be reached?

Cemeterygates

Can't get enough of FH
Being the cynical cunt I am, I reckon it's a load of fucking tosh! I think the suicide claims are just a bullshit defence move (lawyers are fucking serpants as are the majority of MP's) to buy time to find some loopholes to manipulate the case as to get away/get a joke of a punishment for it.

Zenith

Part of the furniture
While her mental state can be very hard to figure out (coming from a psychology graduate), why would her current state of mind free her of conviction of a crime done prior to the mental state?

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Being the cynical cunt I am, I reckon it's a load of fucking tosh! I think the suicide claims are just a bullshit defence move (lawyers are fucking serpants as are the majority of MP's) to buy time to find some loopholes to manipulate the case as to get away/get a joke of a punishment for it.

The suicide risk isn't decided by lawyers, it's decided by mental health professionals. Who weigh up risks on a case by case basis. Not a pre-judgement, like you've made.

Cemeterygates

Can't get enough of FH
Sorry boss, your obviously right and there is no corruption in this world.....

So ofc it's all 100% legit, just like the rest of the scamming bastard MP's, that ofc don't pay huge amounts of our taxes to lawyers to defend themselves....

rynnor

Rockhound
Anyone could make a good case for depression - especially if they have just lost their job and are facing a prison sentence - if you allow that to prevent them standing trial we truly are in a mess.

Every defense lawyer worth his salt will exploit it - as for 'qualified mental health professionals' these guys are like economists - they all have their own ideas. Ask a few and you can get any diagnosis you want - look at the Breivik case for an example.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Stick her in an asylum until she is well enough to stand trial. Job done.

Zenith

Part of the furniture
Anyone could make a good case for depression - especially if they have just lost their job and are facing a prison sentence - if you allow that to prevent them standing trial we truly are in a mess.

Every defense lawyer worth his salt will exploit it - as for 'qualified mental health professionals' these guys are like economists - they all have their own ideas. Ask a few and you can get any diagnosis you want - look at the Breivik case for an example.
Declaring someone with the diagnosis of depression (NOT the mood of depression) should be in regards to instructions put forward by that country's psychology association. There's even a list of potential symptons you need to score above a set limit etc.

So most of the times, psychologists do not only have their own ideas.

However, with the emergence of private clinics comes the williness for profit. And corruption.

rynnor

Rockhound
Declaring someone with the diagnosis of depression (NOT the mood of depression) should be in regards to instructions put forward by that country's psychology association. There's even a list of potential symptons you need to score above a set limit etc.

So most of the times, psychologists do not only have their own ideas.

However, with the emergence of private clinics comes the williness for profit. And corruption.

Presumably the defence can choose their own psychologists and will pick ones who have been 'sympathetic' to such pleas in the past thus this can feasibly be raised by anyone.

I'm not saying their should never be such a finding that the defendant is not fit to stand trial but to prevent abuse perhaps it should lead to the defendant being sectioned or held in other secure care until they are fit to stand trial.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom