Unable to play since the latest patch?

pjuppe

Fledgling Freddie
Today i launched the warhammer client and got a patch update. no errors but when i pressed "play" i got to the main menu screen but nothing more happened. no servers showed or anything.

usually when a program get's patched and tries to access the network i get a popup from my firewall asking me if it should be allowed to do so, but nothing. the client didn't seem to be going anything.

anyone had a similar problem or heard about it?

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
well i know the firewall needs to be updated so start by looking up the .exe in the firewall allow list and see if that still has access. could just be that the firewall failed with the popup.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
If you are running Win XP the WAR client used to lock up after a patch, if you were using a firewall that required a manual response. The way around this was just to update the firewall program control manually. The last couple of patches, Mythic seem to have fixed this problem but possibly its making a return. I'd go into your firewall settings and update the program control (if your firewall does this) manually.

On Vista, I've never observed a problem with the client after a patch - at least not due to firewall.

Which OS are you running?

pjuppe

Fledgling Freddie
i'm running Win XP. i actually got it to work now, must have been a bug or something with my firewall, since war.exe was supposed to have access to the network. i tried to set the access to "ask" but still nothing happened. only when i shut down the firewall and launched the war client it worked. once i restarted the firewall everything was back to normal.

thx for the help :)

bronnac

Fledgling Freddie
Windows Firewall causes way too much trouble then its worth...I disable the bugger and use my router firewall, been doing it since Service Pack 2 and have never had a breach.

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
i'm running Win XP. i actually got it to work now, must have been a bug or something with my firewall, since war.exe was supposed to have access to the network. i tried to set the access to "ask" but still nothing happened. only when i shut down the firewall and launched the war client it worked. once i restarted the firewall everything was back to normal.

thx for the help :)
Atleast Zonealarm requires you to allow the game again after a patch, happens with WoW too. And with War i had to do it before launching the game otherwise i had to ctrlaltdel out of the game.

pjuppe

Fledgling Freddie
Atleast Zonealarm requires you to allow the game again after a patch, happens with WoW too. And with War i had to do it before launching the game otherwise i had to ctrlaltdel out of the game.

i use Sygate Personal Firewall, and usually tells me when an "allowed" application has been modified and tries to access the network. for some reason it didn't this time and just shut it out completely even though war.exe was registered as "allowed"...

well, first "problem" i've had with the fire wall in 4 years, so i'm content :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom