Unable to log in (Error 201)

S

SilverHood

Error message reads:

Cannot connect to update server.
Wait a while and try again.
If you still cannot connect, check your internet settings.

Error is 201

On the net, writing this now.... anyone got any ideas?

A

Alrindel

Check to see if a firewall is blocking the patcher from reaching the patch server (193.252.123.21 port 1280)?

Try pinging it and see if you can reach it.

S

SilverHood

I can ping it no problem.

One pc works fine, it's just my laptop that isn't working.

Both pc's run through the same hardware firewall, so if one works, both should

M

maxgirth

Originally posted by SilverHood
Error message reads:

Cannot connect to update server.
Wait a while and try again.
If you still cannot connect, check your internet settings.

Error is 201

On the net, writing this now.... anyone got any ideas?

I have been getting exactly the same problem, I have installed SI enabled it,but when I try to log on using the SI shortcut I get the password or account message,I also had trouble a few patches ago had to download the buttons2 file,i`ve tried everything today even re-installed the whole game,even when I was doing this I was getting the same error message.

S

SilverHood

Running win2k, connecting through a D-Link router... in case that helps

M

maxgirth

Running win2k, connecting through a D-Link router... in case that helps

I`ve now tried re-installing the whole game yet again,after deleting every single file etc containing anything to do with DAoC
I cant even log on using the DAoC short cut it`s telling me password or account incorrect,plus i`m still getting error 201.

C

Cadire

I'm fairly certain, as stated above, that this is to do with your firewall/router blocking access. Do you have a software firewall running in addition to your router?

B

bulge

Found this on the mythic help site if you are a user of AOL <spits>

<->I use AOL and get an "ERROR 201" message when running the "client updater."<->

Answer

There may be a couple reasons for this.

When a patch comes out, many customers are trying to download the patch at once, which will "clog" the patching client. Please keep trying to update your client, as you will eventually get through.

In addition, this is also a known problem with parental controls set within AOL. To allow the client updater proper access to your machine, you must be logged in with the "general access" account within AOL. Any parental controlled account will result in a "201" error.

M

maxgirth

I have no firewall running atm or no parental control,for some strange reason si keeps picking up the 1.59 patch,after numerous re installs it still keeps doing this,the read me file in the DAoC dir is 1.57,the si one is 1.59,how do I stop it from picking up the american patch?.

S

SilverHood

ah mate, you gotta change the update.dat file...

update.dat file

If for a reason or another your client has been patched with a version different of Shrouded Isles 1.57, please do the following:

- Open your update.dat file which can be found in your Shrouded Isles directory (for SI players) or Camelot directory (for classical client users). You can open this file using the windows notepad.
- Make sure that the lines in this update.dat are as follow:

For classical 1.57 client (no SI):

Mythic Patch
193.252.123.21:1280/updates/english/camelot/mpatch.dat

For Shrouded Isles 1.57 client (SI players):

Mythic Patch
193.252.123.21:1280/updates/english/isles/mpatch.dat

---------

@ Cadire, I got no firewalls programs running, only my main router. My main pc works fine, just the laptop thats the problem.
If my tower pc works, there whould be no reason to why the laptop doesn't work.

I was playing fine until before the patch.

M

maxgirth

ah mate, you gotta change the update.dat file...

update.dat file

If for a reason or another your client has been patched with a version different of Shrouded Isles 1.57, please do the following:

- Open your update.dat file which can be found in your Shrouded Isles directory (for SI players) or Camelot directory (for classical client users). You can open this file using the windows notepad.
- Make sure that the lines in this update.dat are as follow:

For classical 1.57 client (no SI):

Mythic Patch

For Shrouded Isles 1.57 client (SI players):

Mythic Patch

---------

I`ve done that both files had the english version inside them even though si had picked up patch 1.59?

B

bulge

May be stating the obvious, but you did edit files in both the Camelot and Shrouded Isles directories?

O

ormorof

after lots of bad guesses i fanally cracked it,

im running win2k with a adsl-router with hardware firewall....

all i had to do was install Zonealarm and allow daoc access to the internet, zonealarm then allows it through the router and bingo.

now just waiting as my laptop downloads 61.1mb of patches lol :)

S

SilverHood

no.1

Get downloading so I can play when I get home from work :p

I

ironclaw

I can logon if I use modem - but cannot if I us ISDN.

C

Cadire

Ah confusion cleared up... I was wondering why I was getting replies from different people :)

So it was a firewall thing after all?

Ironclaw: it shouldn't make any difference what device you use, as individual devices are only different in the way they connect to your ISP. Do you have the ISDN and Modem on the same system?

I

ironclaw

Yes - same computer, same SI - and AOL (ver 7 isdn - ver 6 a modem). Both will load old DAoC - ISDN will not get past login (login server is not responding).

M

maxgirth

I can now log into SI but every time I try to relog it picks up patch 1.59 and I have to re install everything,I can only log on when it works, through SI and not DAoC,it`s driving me nuts now.

Users who are viewing this thread