Un-official Agamaggan Forum .. Sign up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poox

Loyal Freddie
http://forums.agamaggan.net/cgi-bin/ikonboard.cgi

Sign up please, so Agamaggan can be re-united and we can tell Spanish dumb asses who wouldn't be able to read this to get lost to another server :D

Thanks, Pooxie, 34 Orc Warrior.

Horde - Agamaggan - En PvP

P.S. ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND........ NOT SPANISH NOT EUROPEAN

sorry had to do that :D

Antedeluvian

Fledgling Freddie
One of he differences between you and me is the fact that i can understand at least two languages and can understand your insults against me and my compatriots, like that "dumbass" one, while you cant understand me when i call you "tonto del culo sin cerebro" because you are just an ignorant.

Take your racist forums and yor racist words and put them where the sun doesnt shine please, thanks in advance :wanker:

P.S.- And your post is being reported by racism

Whisperess

Can't get enough of FH
Antedeluvian said:
One of he differences between you and me is the fact that i can understand at least two languages and can understand your insults against me and my compatriots, like that "dumbass" one, while you cant understand me when i call you "tonto del culo sin cerebro" because you are just an ignorant.
Yes; it's much better that everyone learn every language in Europe, or we could just use the language that most europeans can actually grasp.

How's your Swedish btw? How about Finnish? Greek?

Those of us who do know more than one language would still like the English (notice the tab at the bottom when you select server!)-speaking servers to be in English when it comes to the general chat channels. (General, Trade, Local Defense and Looking for Group). What you speak in Group chat or Guild chat is up to you. (notice that this strangely enough coincide with the official rules about the servers; strange, isn't it?)

Take your racist forums and yor racist words and put them where the sun doesnt shine please, thanks in advance :wanker:

P.S.- And your post is being reported by racism
Surely you mean linguisticism?

That being said, I agree that the OP could've phrased his post a lot better.

Antedeluvian

Fledgling Freddie
Whisperess said:
Yes; it's much better that everyone learn every language in Europe, or we could just use the language that most europeans can actually grasp.

How's your Swedish btw? How about Finnish? Greek?

Those of us who do know more than one language would still like the English (notice the tab at the bottom when you select server!)-speaking servers to be in English when it comes to the general chat channels. (General, Trade, Local Defense and Looking for Group). What you speak in Group chat or Guild chat is up to you. (notice that this strangely enough coincide with the official rules about the servers; strange, isn't it?)

My english and the english of most of the spanish players is fine, then again, whats your point? (if you have a point :m00: )

Poox

Loyal Freddie
w

1. It's not racist because it's certain spanish people

2. It's an English server

Whisperess

Can't get enough of FH
Antedeluvian said:
My english and the english of most of the spanish players is fine, then again, whats your point? (if you have a point :m00: )
The point was, as can be read in my last post:

If your English is fine, and most of the Spanish players English is fine; why on earth do we see Spanish in the general chat channels surprisingly often?

It's often followed by remarks like: "it's not an English server, it's a European server", "Why don't you learn Spanish then?", "No, it's not in the rules.", "They shouldn't sell the game in Spain if they don't want us to talk Spanish!", "I have the right to speak whatever language I want!"

Trust me, I'm not making these quotes up; they are real quotes from people who continued to spam in Spanish in the general chat channels for hours afterwards. Get the point now? And this wasn't even on Agamaggan.

I know other nationalities have done the same (including my "fellow" Swedes); but it's not nearly as dominant now after beta ended.

Sendraks

Fledgling Freddie
The long and the short of it is I agree with what Antedeluvian said.

Whisperess said:

English is a very complex language to learn, the fact that people from other European countries can learn it is a testiment to their systems of education and desire to learn, over the crap education system we have in England and the lack of desire to learn another language by many children in school. This is in part due to said poor education system.

Whisperess said:

I have no problem with someone speaking another language to a fellow speaker in one of the general channels, providing its not used to insult or obfusticate others. If they want to speak to me, they'll HAVE to speak English, as thats all my poor mono-lingual brain understands.

Really, I can think of more important stuff in game to worry and complain about, than the fact that other people can speak another language if they so choose.

Whisperess said:
Surely you mean linguisticism?

Well I read Poox's post as a BNP-eqsue style racist rant as well. Not the sort of thing that enriches these boards IMO or that should be encouraged on them.

*edit*

That its "certain" Spanish people is not manifest in your original post Poox, it reads as pretty much all of em.

Just because its an English server doesn't mean squat in terms what you said being considered racist. Telling people to sod off back to Spain while you're out and about in London is still racist.

FuzzyLogic

Kicking squealing Gucci little piggy
The topic's sound enough, shame that the post itself comes across as (to paraphrase Sendraks) a BNP style rant...Ah well.

Going to close this despite the good replies, given the context of the original post it's a bit of a fiery topic, plus poox's replies aren't going to help him any (It's an English speaking server not necessarily an English server ;)).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom