Help UML Applications

Furr

Can't get enough of FH
Does anyone have any recommendations for UML design programmes?

Class, State, Activity, Use Case Diagrams etc.

Cheers

kirennia

Part of the furniture
As far as I remember, if you're wanting to use it for java, netbeans has a creater in there and once you're done you can actually implement it and it generates all the code for you.

Trying to remember what I used before I found this out though...Am in uni 1-5 so I'll try and remember to ask around in case if you haven't found an answer by the time I get back.

kirennia

Part of the furniture
The guy just happened to MSN me a minute before I was heading into uni so I asked him what program it was. Spooky ehh? :)

Visio

Great program with plenty of help about but I would recommend java if you're having to implement these things into your program...in java. Enjoy! :D

SheepCow

Bringer of Code
As Chilly says, the one built into Visual Studio is really nice. If your company sucks then (IBM) Rational Rose etc. are "usable"

Wij

I am a FH squatter
I thought Chilly was talking about Sparx, not VS.

Furr

Can't get enough of FH
Cheers guys, mate had Visio on his PC which does the job quite well so getting a copy of that, should do the job quite well for now.

Model building... a necessary evil...

SheepCow

Bringer of Code
I thought Chilly was talking about Sparx, not VS.

Mmm possibly, I hadn't thought about that. Both pretty nice though :)

afaik Visio won't do anything useful with UML other than let you draw it. One of the good things of UML is UML = code, so if you can't just click and get UML from code or code from UML it's probably a bit pointless

Furr

Can't get enough of FH
Well at the moment I'm just modelling the system as its quite large and keep track of everything is a nightmare, early part of the project so i have time, when I get that all together I'll set about getting a UML plug-in for Eclipse which I believe there are quite a few out there.

Also having to speed read Data mining which is also fun! weeee

Chilly

Balls of steel
yeah sorry, was referring to the sparx product. I wasnt aware there was another enterprise architect :)

SheepCow

Bringer of Code
Visual Studio .NET Enterprise Architect :)

It's been a while since I used VS, no idea if they make an EA version of the latest one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom