Um

Status
Not open for further replies.

atos

Fledgling Freddie
What happend to the openshard thread? I blame the DAoC GMs for this until someone else steps forward. Give back that thread!

Don't dare to delete this thread. I want answers dammit. :mad:

atos

Fledgling Freddie
From what people said in the thread it didn't violate the CoC, therfor I fail to see why it got deleted.

Deepflame

Fledgling Freddie
I suspect it got deleted because it's illegal to make a server emulator at any rate. Even if you code it yourself.

atos

Fledgling Freddie
Um, according to what exactly?

fungus

Fledgling Freddie
I feel like i live in the USSR pre cold war, long live censorship. tbh its pathetic the thread gets deleted on an independent forum, FH should check their moderators imo.

Roadie

Fledgling Freddie
they let it live for long enough for peole who care to see it then deleted to cover their backs...nothing wrong with that imo 0o

atos

Fledgling Freddie
It shouldn't be deleted at all.

Agree completly with fungus.

Gamah

Banned
You seem to think this forum is a democracy..its not, FH pays the bandwidth not you so the mods (hired by FH) can do what the fuck they like.

atos

Fledgling Freddie
Gamah, I'm sure it still follows the same moral rules as those which exist out the in the society. Outside the world of DAoC. ^^

It wouldn't be deleted unless it breaks some sort of rule, I'd like to know which rule that thread violated.

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
Prolly, mods getting cold-feet cos of the dubious legality of setting-up servers without a license from mythic. Dunno, if it is legal or not, but I guess the mods don't either, hence the thread took a dive.

Common sense would say there are legal issues with setting up rival servers, even if it's free (eg it's still not legal to boot CDs or re-record ur own versions even if u give em out for free). If Mythic don't do anything it's prolly cos it's counter-productive/too much trouble/they don't care atm. But like I say, I really have no idea.

Mael, 50th ment.

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Just put the shard in your signature if you feel like promoting it.

fungus

Fledgling Freddie
Maeloch said:
Prolly, mods getting cold-feet cos of the dubious legality of setting-up servers without a license from mythic. Dunno, if it is legal or not, but I guess the mods don't either, hence the thread took a dive.

Common sense would say there are legal issues with setting up rival servers, even if it's free (eg it's still not legal to boot CDs or re-record ur own versions even if u give em out for free). If Mythic don't do anything it's prolly cos it's counter-productive/too much trouble/they don't care atm. But like I say, I really have no idea.

Mael, 50th ment.

its not about if its legal or not , its about a thread being deleted in which shard is mentioned on a what i think is an "Independend Gamers Forum". If they did it on a mythic forum or on a Goa forum i could even understand it but on FH ?

Puppet said:
Just put the shard in your signature if you feel like promoting it.

hmmm wonder if your acc gets deleted to then ;-)

Righthandof

Fledgling Freddie
shit mods, at least they should have given a reason.. no reason rule only applies if something is againt coc/roc/policy..

anyway, can that server info be found on the internet ? id like to come but was lazy to write down yesterday the stats and stuff.. pls givf irc channel or somthing.

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
fungus said:
its not about if its legal or not , its about a thread being deleted in which shard is mentioned on a what i think is an "Independend Gamers Forum". If they did it on a mythic forum or on a Goa forum i could even understand it but on FH ?

Well, there is a mention about copyrighted material in the CoC, which may or may not apply. In any case, they reserve the right to bury threads without a reason if they feel like it - they prolly cba to get into an endless discussion about it.

I doubt if I made a thread about the joys of carjacking or heroin abuse it would last long, whether it broke the CoC or not. Even if it was DAoC-related carjacking!

Mael, 50th ment.

Dreami

Fledgling Freddie
Dunno what's the point of advertising it here first place.. With 60 ppl on it, it already lags a lot.

atos

Fledgling Freddie
That still isn't a valid reason to delete a thread. The guilty one still dosn't want to step forward.

My bet is it was a Goa employee. Either that or like Jupitus (bump old threads anyone). :p

Puppet thats basicly the same as I had before with the add that my accounts where for sale.

atos

Fledgling Freddie
*** If a thread is deleted it is done so with reason.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
The legality of shards may be questionable but frankly that's not entirely relevant here. We have decided that as the almost official DAOC boards we have a general policy of discouraging posts which we feel are against the overall good of the DAOC community. That rule sticks, and we make the rules round here, so live with it or lose your access.

Ban stick, permanent quite likely, for anyone who persists after this blatant warning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom