ultimate hero template challenge!

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I have been scratching my head over making a new template for my hero, I am very happy with my current one but as i am going to start going strictly solo i feel i need to tweak a few things.

I would like a temp that has the following.
very high + hits cap
26 str cap
high +AF (yes i know it doesnt work atm)
11 LW and 11 Parry
high melee bonuses.
Good resists (dont worry about energy to much)

It would be better if it was a no weapon temp, or at least missing 15-20 str with no LW equiped. so i can switch between battler, leggys and malice depending on the target.

so far i have come up with this...

(Heat/cold leggy equiped)

Stats
Str: 108 Int: 0 Hits: 364
Con: 79 Pie: 0 Power: 0
Dex: 81 Cha: 0
Qui: 15 Emp: 0

Resists
Body: 25 Energy: 0 Crush: 28 (2)
Cold: 23 Matter: 19 Thrust: 27
Heat: 20 Spirit: 12 (5) Slash: 29 (3)

Skills
11 Large Weaponry
9 Parry

Cap Increases
5 Dex
5 Qui
160 Hits
26 Str
5 Con

Other Bonuses
7 Melee Damage Bonus
39 AF Bonus
10 Melee Speed Bonus
4 Style Damage Bonus

As you can see the resists are pretty poor and the melee bonuses could be a lot better.

I would prefer it to contain the following items

Harpy cloak
GoV
STR CB (though if you put GOLM in dont worry about the CB)
I would prefer scalers but not to bothered if you dont include them.

:confused:

edit: items arent to much of a problem, i can get pretty much anything eventually.

Punishment

Resident Freddy
I dont understand why people make templates with low +qui as i listened to em and my heros 1st template was pretty crap for that reason ><

80-90 Qui unbuffed suxx really bad imo , and frontload taken into consideration is only even slightly worth thinking about doing with 10% style damage .

Frozen and afew others posted some nice hero template ideas in a similar post i made on 2nd/3rd page hib section by now i reckon , maybe u find some ideas their raven mate ;)

Post is actually mid way down 4th page with 2 nice attempts by Frozen/Colenzo , i especially liked colenzos attempt myself tbh.

ilaya

Can't get enough of FH
boni has come up with temp btw raven.. dunno what the hell its all about tbh.. but it needs me to fill in a few gaps with sc/alch (and some scrolls earlier but that was dealt with) doesnt sound like a fotm hero spec tho.. if there is such a thing.. but he's defo up to summit.. and u know boni... prolly a reason behind it. bug him, annoy him, pm him when he's on.. coz he gonna tell me hehe, might tell a fellow hero tho :)

sorry boni but u kinda asking for this.. wtf u up to? :)

Boni

Fledgling Freddie
Good luck, ive been working on hero templates for a week and come to the conclusion that its virtualy impossible to do all of what you want (Im insisting on using some naff chest too...).

Basically there arent very good jewlery with str/hits cap that fit together and if you get what there is in to get massive overcap you end up gimping your resists or skills. Pretty sure it cant be done with a weapon less template, as I tried very hard to make one, in the end my most satisfatory template included just the right selection of 1h/shield/2h weapons to keep dex up in 1h mode and dmg in 2h. Lose some parry if you can, depending on how many spec points you got in there and your realm rank you can probably get away without capping it. Also consider that a few points under max overcap will make fuck all difference to your damage and free up both the stat UV and overcap, your str in your template is very high, any stat thats over the overcap will be losing you UV somewhere..

items I used included girdle of thunder (hits cap), some crazy rog (similar to heavenly ring which i was considering) but cost 29p950g less, amanitas ring of underlings (cata ring with better tank resists than say zahur which has too much hits/body/spirit),Naxos bracer (more str cap), usual tank artis.. som,golm,cb,scalars.

Hope thats some help.

Boni

Fledgling Freddie
Punishment said:
I dont understand why people make templates with low +qui as i listened to em and my heros 1st template was pretty crap for that reason ><

80-90 Qui unbuffed suxx really bad imo , and frontload taken into consideration is only even slightly worth thinking about doing with 10% style damage .

Any idea how much +qui a hero template should have? Im noob when it comes to all that. Ill be looking at capped toa haste, 60 base quick (human), and atm ive got +58 qui in my template (asume im running with toa capped d/q boof). Is that enough?

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
Morning

Best I can do without a coffee. Malice equiped and no scallars. And mind you, you said don't mind the items :p

LOKI Build Report
Two-Handed Configuration:
Build Utility: 792.0
Useable Utility: 784.7
TOA Utility: 252.0

Statistics
STR:103/101 CON:89/87 DEX:87/80
QUI:60/75 INT:0/75 PIE:0/75
CHA:0/75 EMP:0/75
Hits:324/360
Power:0/25
AF:24/50

Resistances
Body: 23
Cold: 26
Heat: 23
Energy: 12
Matter: 26
Spirit: 22+5
Crush: 23+2
Slash: 26+3
Thrust: 24

Skills
Large Weaponry: 11
Parry: 4

Bonuses
Style Damage: 9
Melee Damage: 4
Melee Combat Speed: 3
Fatigue: 11

Chest (Guard of Valour):
Imbue: 22.0
40 Hits
18 Strength
5 Strength Cap Increase
15 Dexterity
5 Dexterity Cap Increase
4 Melee Damage
4 Style Damage
Utility: 32.0
TOA Utility: 60.0

Arms (Malevolent DS Scaled Sleeves):
Imbue: 20.0
48 Hits
21 Strength
10 AF
1 Melee Combat Speed
48 Hits Cap Increase
7 Strength Cap Increase
Utility: 26.0
TOA Utility: 41.0

Head:
Imbue: 37.5/32 (Quality: 100)
10 Quickness
28 Constitution
4 Large Weaponry
4 Parry
Utility: 65.3
TOA Utility: 0.0

Legs:
Imbue: 37.5/28 (Quality: 99)
13 Strength
25 Constitution
4 Large Weaponry
25 Dexterity
Utility: 62.0

Hands:
25 Quickness
25 Dexterity
7% Cold
7% Slash
Utility: 61.3

Feet:
3 Large Weaponry
9% Heat
22 Dexterity
25 Quickness
Utility: 64.3

Two-Handed (Malice):
Imbue: 20.0
15 Strength
15 Constitution
40 Hits
5 Strength Cap Increase
5 Constitution Cap Increase
40 Hits Cap Increase
5 Style Damage
5 Fatigue
Utility: 30.0
TOA Utility: 65.0

Neck (Paidrean Necklace):
Imbue: 45.0
10% Body
10% Thrust
10% Spirit
10% Crush
Utility: 80.0

Cloak (Cloak of insanity):
Imbue: 32.0
7% Cold
7% Matter
7% Body
8% Heat
Utility: 58.0

Jewel (Frenzied Jewel of Gelvic):
Imbue: 37.0
8% Thrust
7% Slash
7% Crush
7% Matter
6% Heat
Utility: 70.0

Belt (ml10 tank belt):
Imbue: 20.5
6 Fatigue
21 Constitution
52 Hits
14 AF
2 Melee Combat Speed
7 Constitution Cap Increase
Utility: 27.0
TOA Utility: 50.0

Left Ring (Zahur's Ring):
Imbue: 40.0
6% Spirit
6% Body
6% Energy
6% Cold
6% Matter
60 Hits
Utility: 75.0

Right Ring (Amanita's Ring of the Underlings):
Imbue: 30.0
6% Energy
6% Spirit
6% Matter
6% Slash
6% Thrust
Utility: 60.0

Left Wrist (Malevolent Darkspire Mighty Bracer):
Imbue: 27.5
18 Strength
6% Cold
44 Hits
6% Slash
6 Strength Cap Increase
32 Hits Cap Increase
Utility: 47.0
TOA Utility: 20.0

Right Wrist (Ceremonial Bracer Str):
Imbue: 22.0
18 Strength
40 Hits
5 Strength Cap Increase
40 Hits Cap Increase
6% Crush
Utility: 34.0
TOA Utility: 20.0

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
the quick is like that because thats what i have always had, i have never had a problem with damage output/speed :) the str is 7 over cap because of the weapon equiped in that temp (28 on a leggy) would go down to 95 using malice or battler, again not happy with it.

I want the parry high because i am solo where it comes in very handy. Oh, and i am never unbuffed :)

Gear, nice temp but its pretty much what i am using now, except with som and no weapon equiped (my current temp can use any LW in the game so long as it has 15 str on it)

Punishment

Resident Freddy
Boni said:
Any idea how much +qui a hero template should have? Im noob when it comes to all that. Ill be looking at capped toa haste, 60 base quick (human), and atm ive got +58 qui in my template (asume im running with toa capped d/q boof). Is that enough?

My heros current template has +24 str cap and +6 qui cap and gives 238 qui buffed with no augs.

With lw battler blunt out i have beaten pretty much every bm i have duelled <except moksi , strafing bugger :p>

Template i had b4 that only had 10 qui on template and between swings in duels i had enough time to make a cuppa while waiting for a lw hit to land <for like an extra 10 damage o0 and sometimes i missed :( >

Still with 238 qui buffed and 2200+ws im happy enough , i have noob rr but aint been rvr active atall really on hero , and i know duels aint everything , but thats my 2 cents.

My heros stats buffed are

395 str <aug str 3>
349 dex <aug dex 2>
338 con <aug con 1>
238 qui
1795 hp
698 af

FallycSymbol

Fledgling Freddie
Wouldn't you want artifacts like WH and SoM if you were going to run solo? And maybe a SL item?

EDIT: Why don't you want +shield? Don't you have slam?

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
shield skills on shield and blade, its more efficiant, and i have som, want to try out harpy for the proc.

Mastade

Fledgling Freddie
Raven said:
shield skills on shield and blade, its more efficiant, and i have som, want to try out harpy for the proc.

Tried harpy cloak for some time now raven, and my warden gets a lot of beating :p but it rarely procs - i would use SoM over harpy anytime(if i only could) ;)

but ye WH is fantastic if you can squeeze it in :)

Punishment

Resident Freddy
Harpy charged proc is a big letdown tbh , so much time wasted exping that rag on my hero 8<(

Id go for som tbh , low utility but use2 is very nice ;)

Som+Gov+Ms procs all stacked = godmode solo

If u dont believe me ask the rr5 inf+rr4 polearms<who used ip2+hp pots>in df who jumped my 49 firb bm a week ago alb side df :D

Wish i s/s that tbh , ahh well :) And if they ever see this post on fh hang ure head in shame tbh :p Intimidation <Firbolg Cosantior> > u

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom