UKCL Season 10 !!!

C

cenobite

Might be an idea for Kteam 2.21 to be put on servers too when its released. Fixes the problem where you rejoin and any frags are not restored to your name. They are still counted score wise but you dont look l33t when you join and have all your frags back.

Shit kteam 2.21 should really put that on webbie :eek:
Mibbie then 2.25 can be started heh

M

Mr_Horus

Speaking of kteams, i had a debate in #barrysworld with someone who calaimed that if you had 2 monitors, then connecting 2 clients, with one as spectator was not cheating. i think this is as it gives an advantage that is unfair over other players. I would advise programming into kteams an automated warning if two clients with the same ip connect, much like the non standard player/eyes warning. Obviously there are genuine people who play from proxies and shared cable modems (like Diesel and Tant) and this would provide false alerts. Up to you either way, this isnt my suggestion anyway, im just passing it on.

H

HangTime

one problem with that is that in the uk i would estimate 90% of players are dialup users, of which a substantial number use public qizmos for compression. afaik there is no way qwsv/kteams could get the true ip of a client if its connected thru an external proxy hosted elsewhere (/me remebers a wpdml game, jc-tp i think where 3/4 of the jc team was banned from the server, or rather their proxy was :), so u would just get countless warnings from all the ppl on BW qizmo.

C

cenobite

Well I had a conversation about this with linx who requested the feature about duplicate IP's and there is no real way to find out a true ip in QuakeWorld. It just knows where you last came from since it doesnt understand proxies. It would be possible to code in a command that would show you who was on the same ip but for leaguesn its pointless since you can do that already.

Guess only way to do it would be OSP styleh whereby spectators can only spectate teams they are invited to watch and disable free chase cam.

No bloody idea how much work involved or even if I would be arsed doing it but it sounds good.

O

old.The_Stranger

not qw but q3 (well ceno started it)

in the new OSP is that forced then? (I mean the only way to watch a player, is if you are invited to be a 'coach' of that team?) I would very much like to know!

O

old.kaiser

erm why was saturday afternoon picked for the ukcl games

i think you may find that a lo of clans will not be able to field full teams because not every1 that plays qw is a st00dent

some of us actually have to work :((

in my clan for example we got 1 person that can make it too a saturday afternoon game

also if we ask for the game to be re-scheduled and the opposing clan say no we DEFAULT.

is the much awaited season 10 gonna be ruined by this

i would say so

maybe some new thinking about the days / times of the matches is needed

maybe not :p

hopefully

kaiser

H

HangTime

ukcl has been played on a saturday afternoon for as long as i can remember

H

HangTime

heh, reading what ive just written it sounds a bit arrogant :) in the specific case of your clan i have been speaking with lesponge and in future weeks we will try to ensure that NADS games take place on sunday.

while i appreciate that some ppl have to work on saturdays, moving it to the evening would also be problematic as for many it is the highlight of the social week :) which just leaves all the games to be played on sunday, meaning even more packed schedules and stress for the admin team. historically (in my short while in qw at least), ukcl has been sat+sun, wpdml mon, mcw tue+wed, and qffl/ukpl on thursday. again friday evening is no good as a lot ppl go out then etc, which covers the whole week.

O

old.kaiser

yeah thanks for that sunday is a bit better :)

now we got our chance to r00l :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom