UK Pre-order point

A

Arrows

hmmmmmm

i can hand on heart say ive bought 13 gamecube games from dvdboxoffice and one or two dvds i believe and ive never had to pay extra on the door.

Did you use airmail or the courier shipping.

M

~Mobius~

I just use the default option, which is free. I actually have never purchased from dvdboxoffice, its just I've got stuff from America before and figured it would be the same. How can you not pay vat? :)

O

old.tRoG

I'm guessing you don't have to pay extra with Sharma's link?

M

~Mobius~

Guess not, since its an English import site.

O

old.tRoG

Now, sit down and pray that they ship to arrive on release day, instead of shipping on release day :)

G

Gog

Originally posted by ~Mobius~
You have to pay VAT on the door, though. Charged me £17.50 for Starwars Galaxies when it came to my house. :(

Hope you queried that. VAT is 17.5%, so that means they estimated the game as worth £100.

I've ordered a lot from dvdboxoffice and cdromshop, and never been charged VAT on arrival. It's all down to whether customs decide to pick on you that day, guess I've just been lucky so far.

I would recommend them though, very quick shipping times for free (my last product was ordered on a Friday evening and was in my hand Tuesday morning).

N

-Nxs-

Well having BETA'd and played the initial few days of many MMORPGS....

FFXI is released on 28th Oct.

Ive booked the 3rd week in november off :) things should have settled enough by then to get a good weeks playing in - SWG was up and down like a yo-yo

O

old.tRoG

Ordered from dvdboxoffice, after being told that their dhl shipping is two days :D

Won't be able to get any time off, unlike you lucky buggers, as I just went away last week.

N

-Nxs-

Can anyone recommend another company that ships to the UK ?

Ordered one copy from dvdboxoffice
and will be ordering another from somewhere else, my brother wants to play so may as well order from a different source and hope one turns up quicker :)

Tried cdromshop but they dont seam to have it on their webpages yet.

S

Sharma

My link is a UK site btw so you wouldnt have to worry about it not shipping to the UK.

After all, a UK service that doesnt ship to the UK sounds a bit daft doesn't it? Hmmm. :p

E

ECA

Originally posted by Sharma
My link is a UK site btw so you wouldnt have to worry about it not shipping to the UK.

After all, a UK service that doesnt ship to the UK sounds a bit daft doesn't it? Hmmm. :p

Not if its British government owned :rolleyes:

N

-Nxs-

Ordered my buffbott account from importmadness

(well ok not my buffbot heeh but a 2nd account)

C

Cyfr

Can I order from a CC then send it to an address thats not registerd with the CC on dvdboxoffice?

K

Krazeh

Yeah, just tell it to use a different shipping address afaik

C

Cyfr

Heh, just when I orderd some other game from a site, they wouldnt ship it unless I sent to the address registerd with the CC :(

(Which is very annoying as theres noone ever in at that address :p)

A

Arrows

a lot of the time dvdboxoffice dont get any vat cos they mark the parcels as GIFT and gifts up to a certain price level are vat exempt afaik

Users who are viewing this thread