UK gamers cheaper to play on US server?

rynnor

Rockhound
Its an interesting thought I just had - the pound is pretty high against the dollar and at almost its lowest ever against the euro - with those things given its going to be difficult to set a price that doesnt make the US subs cheaper than Euro?

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Absolutely, unfortunately there is no guarantee that the exchange rate will remain favourable and you may even end up paying more in the long term.

rynnor

Rockhound
Absolutely, unfortunately there is no guarantee that the exchange rate will remain favourable and you may even end up paying more in the long term.

The long term moves for the pound have been down against the Euro and Up against the dollar - theres nothing on the horizon likely to change these so most likely the disparity will grow larger.

Oskorei

Fledgling Freddie
Well, it'll save up to 20 euro's a year, max, is my estimate. That's not worth it to roll on a USA server where everyone sleeps while you play.

Aesgir

Loyal Freddie
I'm with Oskorei here, with dodgy fluctuating exchange rates and tbh, not massive savings, it's not worth rolling on a server where you don't play prime time, or at least wouldn't be for me.

SonicBorg

Regular Freddie
although it could save you some money, you wont be getting as good-a-game as your time zone will either make you very tired, or on at non-peak times.

Sticking to your own timezone and you will enjoy the game and have alot more friends in game too. the only people contemplating being on US servers are a few annoyed DAoCer. Rest of europe who havent even heard of DAoC will be on euro servers.

:england:

Spongey

Fledgling Freddie
just wondering how much are we looking at a month have mythic gave us the price were gonna pay per month?

Aesgir

Loyal Freddie
I don't think its been announced yet, but i'm expecting around 15 euros.

SonicBorg

Regular Freddie
MMO will get more expensive as the companies realise that the gamers are happy/addicted enough to pay higher prices :(

Some people spend money on the Gym, or going to weekly football matches.... Us lot spend money on MMO gaming :)
its all good.

Aqe

One of Freddy's beloved
MMO will get more expensive as the companies realise that the gamers are happy/addicted enough to pay higher prices :(

Some people spend money on the Gym, or going to weekly football matches.... Us lot spend money on MMO gaming :)
its all good.

Yea and if you compare how much we pay per hour played its VERY cheap compared to anything else. If the price where 15€ i would pay about 0,10-0,05€ per hour.

taB

Part of the furniture
I save about 30% on my Eve subscription buying time codes from the Yanks. At current rates, yes it would be cheaper but these things change. If the rates are still similar to now when WAR is released I'll be amazed.

SonicBorg

Regular Freddie
i wish they would release a list of names for servers, and locations so guilds can start planning where they intend on going.

rynnor

Rockhound
At current rates, yes it would be cheaper but these things change. If the rates are still similar to now when WAR is released I'll be amazed.

Yes with a US economy poised to recession it should be even cheaper :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom