Rant UHT milk

Tom

I am a FH squatter
This shite is everywhere in Europe. Every time I order a coffee in an airport cafe or similar, it comes with UHT milk. I went to a French supermarket and bought a load of nice bread, veg, cheese, all lovely. I also bought a bottle of milk, from the fridge part so I knew it wasn't sterilised crap, but when I got to my hotel room I discovered it was some kind of fermented poison. Seriously, it's labelled "lait fermente maigre". What kind of sick demented people are these, who all drink this disgusting filthy substance? Why the fuck can't they just sell normal milk so I can have a cup of tea that doesn't taste like my socks?

Also, why is Britain the only country in the world who makes proper bacon and not shrivelled streaky crap?

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
The clue is in the name, no?

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Goes to France. Calls it "everywhere in europe".

Buys wrong kind of milk, says normal milk isn't sold.

Solid story (y)

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
Could be worse, it could have read "lait de l'homme"

leggy

Probably Scottish
Agree with Tom. Spain and France are the worst for this shit. Germany not so bad but it's still fairly prolific.

I can only assume that they like the taste of curdled semen in their coffee.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Well...you wouldn't put yogurt in your coffee would you? Or butter milk? Its just another dairy product. a slightly weird one mind but meh, its a foreign country.

I am sure if you look hard enough you could find demi ecreme lait or whatever. I imagine Tom's the sort of person that gets all shouty if he can't get a full English on the continent.

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
Well...you wouldn't put yogurt in your coffee would you? Or butter milk?

Actually coffee with butter isn't that uncommon. I think there's even a few nations that put it in tea (but that's just wrong!)

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Yeah UHT and fermented milk aren't really the same thing. UHT is just megaprocessed instamilk(airports etc, figures, what would one expect from airport coffee :p), fermented milk should never go near coffee.

It's akin to yoghurt.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
This shite is everywhere in Europe. Every time I order a coffee in an airport cafe or similar, it comes with UHT milk. I went to a French supermarket and bought a load of nice bread, veg, cheese, all lovely. I also bought a bottle of milk, from the fridge part so I knew it wasn't sterilised crap, but when I got to my hotel room I discovered it was some kind of fermented poison. Seriously, it's labelled "lait fermente maigre". What kind of sick demented people are these, who all drink this disgusting filthy substance? Why the fuck can't they just sell normal milk so I can have a cup of tea that doesn't taste like my socks?

Also, why is Britain the only country in the world who makes proper bacon and not shrivelled streaky crap?
Look, I'm trying, OK? The French just don't really do fresh milk. :(

I'm surprised you found UHT shite in the fridge bit, though.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
I've never had any issue getting proper fresh milk in a French Supermarket. They usually have both.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Yes they do but they typically have a small section of fridge space dedicated to fresh and then half an aisle for long life. And if you go into petrol stations and smaller, Spar-sized shops you'll be very lucky to find fresh.

Angrist

Part of the furniture
Sorry mate. Browsing on my phone. Fat fingers 'n all that:)

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
You shouldn't start a sentence with a number in number form and you forgot the full stop. :)

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
10% of British consumption is UHT too ;)

Yep, makes sense to have it in places like offices, hotel rooms, petrol stations etc because it avoids wastage. Always handy to have a carton in the cupboard at home too for emergencies.

Lack of milk for a cup of tea is an emergency.

mooSe_

FH is my second home
They do sell it in UK supermarkets. Only time I'd buy it is if I was going camping and wanted to make tea or something though.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Don't know how - unless it's corporate consumption.

I've only ever known one person who buys UHT - and he's seriously weird.

Even if you knew 5% of the populatin of the British denizens you might still not know the people using UHT :p

Long lasting milk is really good for cabins, camping etc so i'm guessing that + corporate/airport etc use will cover it.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
corporate/airport etc use will cover it.

Camp all the time and we always get fresh. UHT tastes like shit. So yes - corporate/airport is the vast majority of that 10% - as I said.

Rubric

Part of the furniture
coffee vending machines, hotels and offices...
They have it in the isle nobody ever goes down, doesnt matter as it lasts longer than sweetcorn in digestive juices. Rumour has some of it is left over from the war.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
UHT tastes like shit.

Probably different then around here, we mostly use low-lactose milk(to say it easy) if we want to store it longer anyway. It's usually fine 2 months in a cupboard so it's a really good way to store backup coffee milk.

I personally don't use that much milk, outside cooking/baking(rarely) and coffee. With coffee it's all the same what you use in the morning. It's not to be enjoyed but to wake you the hell up :p

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
You all taking the 10% as gospel. Would like to see links to back it up

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom