** Uber Warning Read This **

Morchaoron

Fledgling Freddie
I've heard from lots of daoc people their hotmail passwords have been changed by someone other then themself...

IF YOU HAVE DAOC REGISTERED THROUGH HOTMAIL CHANGE THE EMAIL ADDRESS TO A DIFFERENT ONE ASAP

apparently someone is searching guild-forums for these hotmail addresses (or asking people for their mail so they can 'apply') and is then hacking them (which we all know, is too easy) to retrieve the account login info...

Morchaoron

Fledgling Freddie
ofcourse if you never ever give out that mail address the risk will be minimal, but be warned...

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
Also make sure any game passwords are not stored in your inbox AND any vital information about yourself(adress,cc details etc)

This bastard has hacked 2 daoc people today, sad **** :/

Smurflord

Fledgling Freddie
Very sound advice. :clap:

Will be drawing all my guild's attention to this.

Iceflower

Fledgling Freddie
A guildie on Excal was hit the same way. numerous lvl 50 toons stripped bare, one buffbot deleted as well as a lvl 50 cabbie. Repeated 2 days later, apparently the hacker managed to get to the hotmail email box where the new GOA password was sent before my guildie. Get a POP3 email account, dont use webbased email for important stuff! (or or use the POP3 account for unimportant stuff :) )

Only good thing is that GOA identified the hacker.

Glacier

Fledgling Freddie
Thanks Morchaoron, passwords etc removed from email ;) this should be a cross-topic sticky imo.
:bazbeer:

Brunore

Fledgling Freddie
If you use Hotmail for your daoc account then you deserve to be hacked for being a total mong.

Hotmail is shit, dont use it for anything of any importance.

Lil*

Fledgling Freddie
Shame I noticed my hotmail trying to be hacked it lately, getting the msg "account temp. suspended due to numerous invalid password attemps".

Shame its too late, lilp was hacked, and all my others accounts have been closed down asking for info to verify I own them :(

Iceflower

Fledgling Freddie
>If you use Hotmail for your daoc account then you deserve to be hacked for being a total mong.

A bit harsh, you need to train on your compassion line Brunore :)

Hotmail seems to be very popular among the youngsters and computer security isnt foremost on their mind I have noted and if their parents bought the computer for their kids without having any skill the kids will be left in the dark. Not much with "mong" to do.

burg

Fledgling Freddie
Brunore said:
If you use Hotmail for your daoc account then you deserve to be hacked for being a total mong.

Drop dead :p

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Brunore said:

Another Dick....

Bump

TeaSpoon

Fledgling Freddie
I use a decoy password and subs password in my hotmail.

Come on you smelly hacker! :flame:

Misleath

Fledgling Freddie
Print the password email and delete the email, there could always be security breaches in whatever email service you use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom